Navcore 9.485 for most devices   

Navcore 9.485 for most devices

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:37 am

Since there is a new Navcore out I, once again, offer them prepatched and ready to use for most models.
Make a full backup of your current system using Windows Explorer before changing anything!!
All include the skinchooser and quickfix downloader in the menu, tha last only works with live devices or if you have your mobile connected and set up.
All versions include all possible emulations, so be careful what emu you choose, by default it start in the native mode for your device.
To change the emulation select the skin chooser on the last page of the menu,
select the emulation of your choice and confirm with a double tap in the center of the screen.

What are the different versions for :
GO version is for all devices of the GO range and the first choice for all other too if you need a full menu with all options available.
Memory boost version is for devices with only 32mb Ram, like the ONE series.
Memory boost and Hardwired sound (HS) is for devices with 32mb Ram that stay silent when a computervoice is used.
HS only for 64mb device like XL Live in case they stay silent with a computer voice.
XL version is the last resort for XL and XL Live models if all other fails.

Tips and tricks ;) :
The available emulations are stored inside the file "reskin" in the folder "skins" - you can edit it with a normal text editor but make sure not to save any file extension.
In case your device freezes or has a reboot loop with a new emulation it means this emu is incompatible.
To solve it replace your current reskin file with the one from the archive,
edit the line and remove the emulation that caused the problem,
try the skin chooser and select a different emulation.

Memory boost versions will start slower and might have some slow response times after the start, this will go away after a few minutes of use.

The fullbackup is created from my device and has Katrin, Kate and Susan as computer voices included.
Several fun voices as well, but you need to activate some of them.
I also replaced the mctx.dat file with one that works with my TMC antenna and the available stations.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

This version is for all X10 models that have problems using a different version/Navcore.
With the V9 NC's and the 900 maps users reported that their devices won't accept the map or freeze.
The above version should fix that problem.
The instructions are the same except that I included a 5.5120 bootloader because many users ended up with incompatible versions during their tries.
If you still use an untouched TT with the 7.9 NC and never played with other Navcores rename the file "system-5.5120" to "system" and reboot.
In case your BL is already higher than 5.5128 you rename the "system-0" to "system" - this will downgrade your bootloader to the 5.5120 but it will show as zero, follow the previous step to get the version number to 5.5120.
A full Loquendo system is included with the English Kate and US Susan.
Inside the folder "ephem" you'll find a program to update the QuickFix data without the need to start Home.

Edit:
Added a worry free installer [Please Register or Login to download file] that includes all the above versions.
The installer is also available as a torrent, download the torrent file [Please Register or Login to download file] and open it with your favourite torrent client.
In case you don't know how to register at tomtest.net to get premium links, you can find the installer in split files for free user here : [Please Register or Login to download file]
Simply download and start the EXE - there is no Virus or malware in it (but feel free to check anyway ;)!
Depending on the speed of your system it will take a few seconds to unpack the temp files and start the installer, so be patient.

Note: Please read the first few pages of the discussion thread to understand the dfferences between the versions 9.465 to 9.485.
Also be aware that the ASR folder is not complete in terms of files for all supported languages and functions.
This does only affect devices with a microphone and if you think something is not working as it should with your voice input copy the ASR folder from a working backup or the 9.465 original CAB file.
Anything related to this Navcore can be discussed in this thread: :link:

Edit:
Note for downloading.
On the stealth.to website you enter the password in the box left of the text "weiter" and press enter.
The next page will say that the file is not available - this is not true and is only for protection, simply click on "download". Don't click on "mirror" as currently there is none ;)
You might be forwared to an advertisement - you can see it because in the top right corner it will say "skip this advertisement". Click on "skip..." if you see it to get to the actual download. If you click on the download button below you only clicked on an ad ;)
Now you are on the hosters site where you can choose between free and premium download.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dupondmarjorie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:22 pm

sorry but the link is broken
dupondmarjorie offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

dupondmarjorie wrote:sorry but the link is broken

The link in post 1 is not broken.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Updated the downloads with a version for X10 models that should prevent reboots and problems with the map.
Especially suited if you use a CF card instead of the HDD.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tasin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 am

hallo
where is the link?
tasin offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am

What link?
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 am

Currently uploading a simple to use and fully automated installer that has all versions included.
If you want to try the installer get it here...
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 pm

For all those that prefer torrents I added this option now as well.....
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Ratsea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks for new NC update :D. I seem to have 'lost' IQ Routes and ALG. I had both with 9.170SE and 9.160. I have a very old Go300, with v900 maps, and I downloaded the version for 'Memory boost version is for devices with only 32mb Ram, like the ONE series'. This version gives much better RAM free capacity so shouldn't crash like the 9.160.
Ratsea offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 pm

How could we tell what the problem without full infos ;)
By the way: if your map does not support these features you won't get them...
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Ratsea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I have two SD Cards with the same maps on (UK v900.4602) but different NC's. One with 9.170SE and the other with 9.485 from your download options. They both have the same setconfig.txt.
Device info:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 300
RamDiskVersion=20120927
BootLoaderVersion=55238
LinuxVersion=547200
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9485
ApplicationVersion=1074274.98

I was trying to increase the RAM free space with your new option as it's only about 5Mb, but have lost IQ Routes and ALG. They both worked with 9.170. There isn't an enable IQ in Planning Pref, and the show/hide ALG doesn't now appear in Change Pref.s.

Thanks again :D
Ratsea offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:24 pm

What emulation are you using and : have you tried X30 for example?
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Ratsea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Downunder,
That's what I am using.
I have setconfig.txt in the root and its:
model:x30
sdid:1
changedtext:TomTom GO 300
viewmsg
ttsoff
bton
fmoff
usesetting
fixtmc
noautooutsource

I also trying x40lite, but that made no difference.
Ratsea offline

Postby Ratsea » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Still no ALG or IQRoutes so have gone back to 9.170SE which works well on the Go300 and v900.4602 Maps.

Apart from a bit more free RAM, does 9.485 do anything else?

One curious thing though, the GPS doesn't start on the 9.170 sd card after using the 9.485 SD card, it just does constant rebooting with the GPS not starting, I have to use my previous 9.160 first (on a third card), then it starts immediately.

They all have a common Ephem folder - any thoughts?
Ratsea offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Ratsea wrote:They all have a common Ephem folder - any thoughts?

The Ephem folder has nothing to do with your issues. I suggest you try SE 9.465. Hopefully this will help us do a bit of Trouble Shooting!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices