Missing icons on TomTom Rider 9.205   

Missing icons on TomTom Rider 9.205

Postby ukeyes » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi I have a Rider version 1 and I originally had 7.9 Navcore on my TomTom but that would not open certain maps and I could not get any audio response if I connected my phone to it as well. I then did some looking around and end up downloading version 9.205 which works fine however, while I have managed to get the best maps and can now use my phone via my crash helmet. I seem to have lost a few functions and not got some that I thought I might get.

1. It does not have the Traffic icon anymore
2. It does not seem possible to create a Wireless Data connection via my phone anymore.
3. It does have the MP3 or Jukebox function, which would be really useful.

It seems that allot of this seems to be controlled via the PNANavigator file in the root of the software but as yet I have not been able to find more that caters for all the functions and the "Swapfile" code does not seem to have any effect. e.g. They all seem to be missing the "Connect to Headset" option that you get on the TomTom Rider.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
ukeyes offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:42 am

Please have a look into the tutorials, there is a posting on how to get a full menu.
Some functions can be limited depending which version of this Navcore you use.
If you have the SE version check the setconfig.txt for bton and fmon, also mentionend in the "switchfiles for dummies" if you need further info on the switchfiles.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby ukeyes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:47 am

Thanks for the reply. I have already looked through these and tried a number of configuration changes with varying degrees of success. In all cases I am unable to re-create the "Connect to Headset" icon for the TomTom Rider.

TomTom Rider v1
Map = UK&I 865.***45 (Has IQ Routes etc..etc..)
Navcore = 9.205
ukeyes offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:07 am

ukeyes wrote:Thanks for the reply. I have already looked through these and tried a number of configuration changes with varying degrees of success. In all cases I am unable to re-create the "Connect to Headset" icon for the TomTom Rider.

TomTom Rider v1
Map = UK&I 865.***45 (Has IQ Routes etc..etc..)
Navcore = 9.205

if you are using a setconfig.txt file, set the model to modelid:46.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ukeyes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:42 am

What will that do? I have seen this sort of thing before and most of the time I can not see any change in the device. The only one that did change the look was creating a TomTom.mnu file and putting that in to the SdkRegistry folder.
ukeyes offline

Postby ukeyes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:51 am

OK.. I have tried this but it did not make any difference. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if this just does not work for the TomTom Rider?
ukeyes offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:57 pm

ukeyes wrote:OK.. I have tried this but it did not make any difference. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if this just does not work for the TomTom Rider?

Keep in mind that 9.205 is a Rider navcore, so if you installed it using the basicpack or Autoinstall version, you possibily don't need the extra stuff that is added with these versions. You might try installing your backup, then installing the .cab version over it, overwriting any common files. Next install only the ttsystem & PNDNavigator files from X_ttsystem.9.205.547817.1.rar. Finally add the attached file to the root of your rider. Reboot & look on Options page 2.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ukeyes » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:13 pm

I have done as you said but I am still missing all the items as per my first post. No Traffic, No Bluetooth Wireless Data and No Jukebox.

Very odd...
ukeyes offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:20 pm

ukeyes wrote:I have done as you said but I am still missing all the items as per my first post. No Traffic, No Bluetooth Wireless Data and No Jukebox.

Very odd...

Post 3 only refers to the "Connect to Headset" icon. That was my only objective in post 7.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ukeyes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 am

Thank you for your help but as stated in the original post I am trying to get all the functionality that the new version of the software has to offer. Currently I have it on the new version of the software with the "Connect Headset" however it would be nice if I could somehow get Traffic enabled on it. What would be a great bonus would be to also have the Jukebox icon.
ukeyes offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:36 pm

ukeyes wrote:Thank you for your help but as stated in the original post I am trying to get all the functionality that the new version of the software has to offer. Currently I have it on the new version of the software with the "Connect Headset" however it would be nice if I could somehow get Traffic enabled on it. What would be a great bonus would be to also have the Jukebox icon.

I wish you good luck on gettting an answer to your question from another forum that you posted on.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ukeyes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:00 pm

I did not realise that the questions had to remain exclusive... I am not cheating on anyone I am just trying to get an answer to the issue. I thought it would be a good idea to post the question on multiple forums in order to try and hit a bigger audience. By no means did I mean to upset you...
ukeyes offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 pm

ukeyes wrote:I did not realise that the questions had to remain exclusive... I am not cheating on anyone I am just trying to get an answer to the issue. I thought it would be a good idea to post the question on multiple forums in order to try and hit a bigger audience. By no means did I mean to upset you...

No exclusivity, just forum etiquette.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ukeyes » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Does anyone have any helpful input? Although this question is posted on two forums I will make sure that the answer (should it be found) is posted on both (sorry in advance for anyone this post offends.)
ukeyes offline

Postby bmwdriver » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:29 pm

bmwdriver offline

User avatar Junior Member

Next

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices