looking to update my ageing 710, want to update app 9.026 ps   

looking to update my ageing 710, want to update app 9.026 ps

Postby sadsack » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi all,

my 710 has been working (sort of okay) but i would really like to update the navecore and maps if possible.

the unit as it stands is as follows:

App 9.026.483454.1

OS 473972 (1010.15/12/2009)

uk & roi v855.2884

I have had a quick look at the compatibility map, and i see that 880.3812 would allow tts,

but i am not too sure if my app comes under 9.00x or 9.0xx

would appreciate some guidance please chaps.....
all the best
sadsack
sadsack offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 am

sadsack wrote:Hi all,

my 710 has been working (sort of okay) but i would really like to update the navecore and maps if possible.

the unit as it stands is as follows:

1. App 9.026.483454.1

OS 473972 (1010.15/12/2009)

uk & roi v855.2884

2. I have had a quick look at the compatibility map, and i see that 880.3812 would allow tts,

3. but i am not too sure if my app comes under 9.00X or 9.0XX

would appreciate some guidance please chaps.....
all the best
sadsack

1. Keep this navcore. You will not gain anything by changing it.
2. True, but there is not a UK&ROI 880.3812 map. You need UK&ROI 880.3810.
3. Your navcore will come under the navcore that you can replace all of the Xs with your navcore digits
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sadsack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:23 am

Thanks for the reply tendriver,

I've been a bit busy trying to download the euro 880.3812, but if the 880.3810 would give me tts that would be great.
Sorry I keep calling it tts but I believe it's supposed to be called ASR, my unit at the moment has all, "alg, asr, hnr, & iq routing".
So If I could get a map that did all this that would be great, but i had a quick check of the compat map, and it seems .3810 misses out HNR, or so the compat map says.
So would I be better of going for the euro map .3812 for the time being until a gb roi comes up?
sadsack offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:25 am

sadsack wrote:Thanks for the reply tendriver,

1. I've been a bit busy trying to download the euro 880.3812, but if the 880.3810 would give me tts that would be great.
Sorry I keep calling it tts but I believe it's supposed to be called ASR, my unit at the moment has all, "alg, asr, hnr, & iq routing".
2. So If I could get a map that did all this that would be great, but i had a quick check of the compat map, and it seems .3810 misses out HNR, or so the compat map says.
3. So would I be better of going for the euro map .3812 for the time being until a gb roi comes up?

1. OK
2. The compat chart is correct. If you live in or visit Greece, Russia and/or Turkey on a regular basis, a 3812 map would be of some benefit to you. If not then 3810 will serve you just as well.
3. I repeat. Because HNR does not apply to UK&ROI, there is not, nor will there be a UK&ROI 880.3812 map. You need UK&ROI 880.3810. Look at the country maps in any of the 880 map threads. You will only see three countries, Greece, Russia and Turkey, that have a 3812 version.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sadsack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:14 am

Much appreciate the help tendriver,

would this be adequate for my needs... http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://linkcrypt.ws/dir/r4584090w7403vh

or

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://www.fileserve.com/file/yDFkxhk

and do all of these come with the automatic installer & patcher.... sounds much better than having to do it through dos like I used too.... Sorry if i am taking liberty's but does the patcher also take care of speed cams as well?

thanks for your help
sadsack
sadsack offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 am

sadsack wrote:Much appreciate the help tendriver,
would this be adequate for my needs... http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://linkcrypt.ws/dir/r4584090w7403vh
or
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://www.fileserve.com/file/yDFkxhk
and do all of these come with the automatic installer & patcher.... sounds much better than having to do it through dos like I used too.... Sorry if i am taking liberty's but does the patcher also take care of speed cams as well?
thanks for your help
sadsack

Your links appear to be 3rd party poster links and not Navitotal links. For quality control reasons, we do not support these links. Below are Navitotal links.

United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_880_3810 OR
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_880_3810 with Automatic Installer & Patcher

If you use the AI&P version, once the map is installed, load the speedcams and rerun the patcher.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sadsack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks tendriver,

880.3810 installed and working, sorry about the links I could have sworn I got them from navitotal, it was your second link that i got them from last night gmt.. I must admit that at 3.30 am and 16 tabs open sometimes I end up loosing where I am.

I have backup up my original SD, and am using a new SD for this new map, but I have a real noob question, I have many poi's and fav's that I converted to poi's, I have backed up all the ov2 & bmp files including my original poi.dat, ..... Now this is where I believe I may have a problem, is it true that if i simply copy these over to the new map folder that none of my poi's will show up.
I have already done some googleing and it seems even TT admit that it is a problem.
Would there be a util available that would take my old poi's and install them into the new uk roi folder.

Thank you for your time and guidance, and sorry again about the links, it was not done on purpose just a mistake on my part.
sadsack offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 pm

sadsack wrote:Thanks tendriver,

880.3810 installed and working,
1. sorry about the links I could have sworn I got them from navitotal, it was your second link that i got them from last night gmt.. I must admit that at 3.30 am and 16 tabs open sometimes I end up loosing where I am.

I have backup up my original SD, and am using a new SD for this new map, but I have a real noob question, I have many poi's and fav's that I converted to poi's, I have backed up all the ov2 & bmp files including my original poi.dat, ..... Now this is where I believe I may have a problem,
2. is it true that if i simply copy these over to the new map folder that none of my poi's will show up.
I have already done some googleing and it seems even TT admit that it is a problem.
Would there be a util available that would take my old poi's and install them into the new uk roi folder.

Thank you for your time and guidance, and sorry again about the links, it was not done on purpose just a mistake on my part.

1. You did get the links from the Navitotal Forum, but they are 3rd party. Navitotal maps can always be found in the "All New Maps XXX" thread.
2. Not true. Copy all of your ov2 & bmp files + your mapsettings.cfg file from your old map folder to your new map folder. If you now have a rebooting issue, go here:[color=red]How To Keep your Favorites When Upgrading Map[/color] & [color=red]Tomtom rebooting problem tips[/color]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sadsack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Checked the links tendriver, and kept both tabs open while i copied over all of my .bmp & .ov2 plus my old poi.dat & mapsettings.cfg, ...... I am amazed this is the first time it has gone without any glitches, I never had to use Home, just turned on the TT and did a quick goto poi of my own and it worked perfect, all speedcams workings as well.

I have had my speed cams set up in way so that they are poi's this way i can get the TT to tell me in advance 75 yrds for a 40 mph, 100yrds for a 50 mph, ect ect..... i'm wondering if i need to keep this like this with the new speedcam premium files? or could i just delete these now. as I read in the readme that "* These cams DO NOT show up as POIs. The alerts are set in TomTom Services."

I can see a set of six icons, report safety cam, update safety cam, change warning prefs, disable alerts, *this one has a red circle and a white x inside it* enable auto updates, enable report button.

I have a feeling that the premium cams are not even on? would I be correct??

"original instructions came from pocketgpsworld"

[Please Register or Login to download file]

How I remember doing it before was to go to "manage pois" "add poi" lets call it "UK gatso 20"
"warn when near poi" tap "UK gatso 20" change it to 100 yards, choose "Type in your own warning" and then manually type in "Warning! Speed Camera, Speed Limit Is, 20 M P H" the ! and , and spaces are necessary otherwise the tts gets it all wrong.
This is why I was worried about having to retype all the cams, well over an hours typing.
And I've had to do that about 4 or 5 times in the past.

Advice would be a true blessing, I just need to know if the premium cams give tts or just a noise (like a beep or whatever).

Thanks again for your time and patience....
sadsack

Just did a quick demo route which I know has 4 speed cams on route, plus a set of traffic light cams.

Two of the speed cams that were on the opposite side of the road were highlighted as speed cams, even though they are not on the route, and also the traffic light cam was highlighted even though it pointed in the opposite direction.

I tried the "warn when near poi" and tried "on route" on and off, but it made no difference.

So I must be doing something wrong. all cams are working but it seems only as POIs.
So do i need to delete all of the POIs that i have typed in and turn on something within "tomtom services"

I'm hoping you can understand what it is that I am trying to explain, and anybody's help would be very much appreciated as this seems to be the only thing that doesn't seem to be working correctly.
sadsack offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Are you trying to use TT speedcams, 3rd party or a combination of both.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sadsack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:28 pm

I have installed 3rd party items such as kwikfit, macDs, police, football grounds, tesco, waitrose, other shopping places.
The safety cams are from here and have installed perfectly. All of the uk gatso and other poi's (only the ones with "UK" in front of them are what I created from using the other site. to allow tts to speak warning's of upcoming cam's.
All other poi's are third party.
Now I am wondering if I need these cam POI's if I am using the premium cams. Do the premium cams use tts?
Thanks for the replies....
sadsack offline

Postby sadsack » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:47 am

I thought I might try a test, I had a spare 8gb microcard, I copied my new fully working card over to it, and deleted all of the cam poi's, and also updated the postcodes from here, [Please Register or Login to download file] as my original postcodes were v850. I have installed the new 880 postcodes for uk only.

(But I did not delete the premium cams)

last thing I am going to try is to go into "TomTom Services" and tap on "safety alerts" and "enable alerts" when I did this a green tick appeared within "enable alerts" all other icons have greyed out, except for "update safety cameras".

There is some small blue writing in the bottom right hand corner that says "Last mobile safety camera update" "No info available"

I tried the next part with the "enable alerts" both on and off....

Well I just tried a demo that I know has traffic light camera, speed cams, and average speed check, and nothing is appearing on screen, i changed the sounds, still nothing, it's as if they don't even exist, Is there something blindingly obvious that I am missing?

thank you
sadsack
sadsack offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 am

sadsack wrote:I have installed 3rd party items such as kwikfit, macDs, police, football grounds, tesco, waitrose, other shopping places.

1. The safety cams are from here and have installed perfectly.
All of the uk gatso and other poi's (only the ones with "UK" in front of them are what I created from using the other site. to allow tts to speak warning's of upcoming cam's.
All other poi's are third party.
Now I am wondering if I need these cam POI's if I am using the premium cams.
2. Do the premium cams use tts?
Thanks for the replies....

1. As you know the Premium cams are official TT cams & the warnings are set in TomTom Services. The difference between TT normal cams & Premium are mobile cams in Premium.
2. No, but you can use a recorded voice.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:05 am

sadsack wrote:I thought I might try a test, I had a spare 8gb microcard, I copied my new fully working card over to it, and deleted all of the cam poi's, and also updated the postcodes from here, [Please Register or Login to download file] as my original postcodes were v850. I have installed the new 880 postcodes for uk only.

(But I did not delete the premium cams)

1. last thing I am going to try is to go into "TomTom Services" and tap on "safety alerts" and "enable alerts" when I did this a green tick appeared within "enable alerts" all other icons have greyed out, except for "update safety cameras".

2.There is some small blue writing in the bottom right hand corner that says "Last mobile safety camera update" "No info available"

I tried the next part with the "enable alerts" both on and off....

3. Well I just tried a demo that I know has traffic light camera, speed cams, and average speed check, and nothing is appearing on screen, i changed the sounds, still nothing, it's as if they don't even exist, Is there something blindingly obvious that I am missing?

thank you
sadsack

1. Alerts are enabled when you see the DISABLE ALERTS icon with a red & white X. You actually turned the alerts off.
2. Disregard this. Since the TT cams are patched, this will never change.
3. Were these setup correctly in Changing warning preferences?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sadsack » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks for the reply tendriver,
but I cannot get the cams to show up whatever i try doing, I have even tried to browse the map to where i know there are many but nothing appears, and there are definitely no noises even though I set them within "tomtom services", could it be something else I am missing.

I used fast activate light (latest version) and it didn't show any errors.

Or would I be better of using biggerdave's cams.
sadsack offline

Next

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices