How to? Which files to save with my routes, POI, corrections etc.   

How to? Which files to save with my routes, POI, corrections etc.

Postby iom » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:41 am

I have a problem - I cannot find information - there is so much of it.
(1) From TT/SD which files to protect/save and copy to the new map in order to keep my routes, poi, and other stuff?
(2) Which file I need to change to change the name of the map displayed on the map selection screen.
(3) How do I know that the map published in installer section has any codes available before I download it and install and find out that meta code does not exist.
(4) For Go920 I understand that 9.510 is it - but some on this site say that Truck 9.702 is it. So which one gives me most functions and most screen for the map. So far the 510 has 1/4 of the screen taken up by relatively empty squares (the infor given I like, but it occupies huge space for no good reason?.
Thank you ALL
iom offline

Re: How to? Which files to save with my routes, POI, corrections etc.

Postby tendriver » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:51 am

iom wrote:(1) From TT/SD which files to protect/save and copy to the new map in order to keep my routes, poi, and other stuff?(2) Which file I need to change to change the name of the map displayed on the map selection screen.(3) How do I know that the map published in installer section has any codes available before I download it and install and find out that meta code does not exist.(4) For Go920 I understand that 9.510 is it - but some on this site say that Truck 9.702 is it. So which one gives me most functions and most screen for the map. So far the 510 has 1/4 of the screen taken up by relatively empty squares (the infor given I like, but it occupies huge space for no good reason?.

1. mapsettings.cfg
2. change the .pna file in the map folder.
3. META Codes 960 thread found in Maps for TomTom, Maps v9.XXX.
4. 9.510 is the current navcore for your 920. 9.702 has truck attributes, 9.510 doesn't.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices