how to stop se nav 9.101 going into standby mode   

how to stop se nav 9.101 going into standby mode

Postby Keighley » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:57 pm

i have installed se nav 9.101-map 880.3810 on a xl one all seems to be ok but when left unatended for a short time it will go into stand by and a screen will pop up saying tomtom about to shut down then counts downd from 10 sec with a option to cancel then shuts down if you dont catch cancel.
My question is, is there any way to stop this as i have been through all the settings and i cannot find anything.
PS if this thread pops up again sorry (old age).
could some one tell me if this is the best navcore for this device as i would like lane guidence and a few more options.
Thank you
Keighley offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 am

Keighley wrote:i have installed se nav 9.101-map 880.3810 on a xl one all seems to be ok but when left unatended for a short time it will go into stand by and a screen will pop up saying tomtom about to shut down then counts downd from 10 sec with a option to cancel then shuts down if you dont catch cancel.
My question is, is there any way to stop this as i have been through all the settings and i cannot find anything.
PS if this thread pops up again sorry (old age).
could some one tell me if this is the best navcore for this device as i would like lane guidence and a few more options.
Thank you

For shut down issue, look in change preferences for "Battery saving preferences". Check "Device stays on when external power is lost".

If you can clear up the shutdown issue, the setup that you have is OK. It has lane guidence etc.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Keighley » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:20 am

already put a tick in device stays on when external power is lost but still shuts down after a few mins.??
Thank you for your reply.
Keighley offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 am

Does the battery still have a good charge when this occurs?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Keighley » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:29 am

yes it is a good battery
ps i haven't tried it on the move to see if it does the same yet but i am presuming it will.
Thank you.

just playing arround and disconnected the usb charging cable and it has not shut down yet so i am going to remove the tick in device stays on when external power is lost to see what happens then.
will play arround with it and come back tomorrow.
Thank you for your quick responce.
Keighley offline

Postby Keighley » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:44 am

ok ill try and explain what is going on.
when i connect the tt to the computer via usb only charging. (doe you want to connect to computer NO) then the tt will shut down into standby mode after approx 2/3 min very anoying,but if i take the usb cable out the tt works as normal on its own battery and doe not shut down also if i connect the tt via usb and let it connect to the computer(doe you want to connect to computer YES)the tt works as normal and does not shut down also does not shut down and works as normal when connected to the cars 12v. also works as normal when connected to a 240v charger
so i presume this is how 9.101 se navcore works I can live with that unless some one has a fix.:crazy:
Thank you again and a merry christmas and a happy new year to all at Navitotal.com.
Keighley offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:18 pm

In general TT devices will go on standby if unused and connected to an active USB hub.
On a normal charger only the power connectors are used and now data checks are performed, if you connect your TT to name an example to the USB port of your Car-PC than it will always shut down once you stopped moving for a few minutes.
But if as you say you select "Yes" to connect to the PC you should not get a navigational display and the TT only works as a card reader with acces to the internal memory.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Downunder35m wrote:1. In general TT devices will go on standby if unused and connected to an active USB hub.
On a normal charger only the power connectors are used and now data checks are performed, if you connect your TT to name an example to the USB port of your Car-PC than it will always shut down once you stopped moving for a few minutes.
But if as you say you select "Yes" to connect to the PC you should not get a navigational display and the TT only works as a card reader with acces to the internal memory.

I can leave my 720 connected to my computer, no navigational display, all day & it doesn't shut down. I can leave my 720 plugged into my computer, with navigational display, all day & it doesn't shut down. The "Device stays on when external power is lost" option will not stay unchecked.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices