how to get full menus on xl 4et03 canada 310   

how to get full menus on xl 4et03 canada 310

Postby wolf359 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:11 am

hi guys i've been using my trusty one v3, have changed the navcore and am comfortable updating maps etc. my brother in law has an XL canada310 model and he hates the menus and the fact the standard keyboard doesn't have the number keys above the qwerty. i've been trying to downgrade it from the latest navcore to an older one with full menus etc. but i'm struggling. i've tried numerous navcores, but cannot get a single v8 navcore to boot on the bloody thing lol. i've use the clean flash tool, tried using my v3 software, you name it i've tried it. can anybody recommend a navcore that will work with this model that has full menus and keyboard. here's hoping
wolf359 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:58 am

Not sure what you've tried, but if you would have checked the forum properly you would have it running by now....
And it seems you have not really done any checks on the tutorials or the general discussion section either...
The menu depends on the NC and emulation in use, if the device is too limited there is always the option of using a custom menu - all of that is explained in datail.
Since you did not bother to post any useful infos I suggest you check on how to do it the correct way and report back if you have any further problems.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby wolf359 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:53 pm

thx for the nice friendly reply
let me make it clearer. its the 4et0.002.02 model which i believe is the xl2 iq routes model
i have tried loads of version 8 navcores but can't get any to go past the splash screen,
i don't need to emulate another device & custom menus have no effect on the keyboard displayed. all i want to know is which, if any, of the official v8 navcores will work with this model. i'm not trying to load in a newer navcore than the official versions, i simply want an official one with the older style menus and keyboard if possible. the keyboard is the most important part as i know i can use custom menus to get around the rest. i've done this in the past without problems. failing that does anyone know which files control the keyboard style.
wolf359 offline

Postby wolf359 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 pm

never mind, after visiting numerous forums i found the information i requested. its now running quite happily on 9.170 with full menus and keyboard
wolf359 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanx for the update. The current navcore for that model is 9.430.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices