My Head Is Slowly Turning Into Porridge   

My Head Is Slowly Turning Into Porridge

Postby kevster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Jeee-zusss!! I unboxed my new Go! Live 825 last week & have the ambitious notion of introducing a micro SD (presuming a 4GB class 6 is best?) and acquiring (if at all poss) the latest tomtom truck software for W. & Central Europe (specifically for U.K. use of course). I`ve just entered the haulage fray clutching a virgin Cat C licence & this would be a major coup, but the technobabble is scrambling my head more & more with everything I read & try to understand. The unit is running App 12.071, which I surmise to be bang up to the minute. It`s just that I don`t know what mapping/Navcore I should be looking for, let alone how to manipulate this stuff. Swotting all the time to try & get with it, so any hints, tips & info to help with clarification would be a godsend. A lot of you guys seem to have developed a pretty in-depth computing knowledge about this stuff but I`m only just curling my toes onto the bottom rung. Any doofus-friendly input gratefully received !! One day I`ll look back and wonder why the confusion but for now I`m more than a little overwhelmed !
kevster offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:43 pm

kevster wrote:I unboxed my new Go! Live 825 last week & have the ambitious notion of introducing a micro SD (presuming a 4GB class 6 is best?) and acquiring (if at all poss) the latest tomtom truck software for W. & Central Europe (specifically for U.K. use of course).

Important note for new Tomtom models like VIA, Start20/25, Go1xxx - please read!

You should have posted your intention to buy, before you bought!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kevster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Sadly, I only had 45 mins notice of a job and had to grab something off the shelf quickly (and within my budget limit) Time + a few more jobs will see my situation remedied but for the mo this is all i`ve got to play with!!

Thanks, tendriver - was clumsily stumbling to that unfortunate conclusion having read about the m/soft FAT32 wrangle. Do I have the expensive option of purchasing the tomtom SD & simply slotting it into my unit? If that`s the case, I`ll try to reduce the financial pain through ebay!!
kevster offline

Postby kevster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks, tendriver - was clumsily stumbling to that unfortunate conclusion having read about the m/soft FAT32 wrangle. Do I have the expensive option of purchasing the tomtom SD & simply slotting it into my unit? If that`s the case, I`ll try to reduce the financial pain through ebay!!
kevster offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:26 pm

kevster wrote:Do I have the expensive option of purchasing the tomtom SD & simply slotting it into my unit? If that`s the case, I`ll try to reduce the financial pain through ebay!!

Your ONLY option for map updates is buying them from TomTom, unless you have a free lifetime map update.

Since we can't support the new breed TTs, we don't have any info on the availability of a truck navcore and truck map for them.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby central » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Personally, I would pick up a cheap XXL and update using the Navcore, maps etc from Navitotal. Keep the 825 as it should have lifetime maps guarantee, or sell it on.
central offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices