do I have an old map?   

do I have an old map?

Postby toforever » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Ok so I am sort of new to this but I have a new map on my tom-tom One for western europe it is the 1GB West 945.6243 on the tom tom it says it's version 8.014. I was testing out the routes as I'm driving this weekend and the tom-tom can't seem to find the eurotunnel terminal and the roads around it are unnamed roads.

Can someone tell me if this is a really old version? Will I be totally screwed if I use this version to drive around France and Spain? Everything is patched and working fine on the tom tom, I am just worried I picked up the wrong version number.

I have been looking at the other topics and down under's posts from file factory, but I do find things a little confusing. Obviously the tomtom I have is only 32 mb ram and can only hold about 1 gb.

thanks for any help
toforever offline

Re: do I have an old map?

Postby tendriver » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:48 pm

toforever wrote:1. I have a new map on my tom-tom One for western europe it is the 1GB West 945.6243
2. on the tom tom it says it's version 8.014.

1. The 945 Edition of maps came out this past Feb. The 950 Edition just came out this month. The 955 Edition will be released in Aug.
2. 8.014 is your navcore (operating system) version.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Re: do I have an old map?

Postby toforever » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 pm

Oh right, I see. Thanks so much for the reply. Any idea why it may not be able to find the Eurotunnel in Folkstone? I would of thought that had been there a while, which was the only thing making me question what was going on when it wasn't listed.

Although I did try other routes and checked against viamichelin. Didn't seem that far off, but wasn't exact. I guess I was worried because I heard a lot of the roads in France that are tolls are a bit newer.
toforever offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices