Bootloader For One v3   

Bootloader For One v3

Postby trailrider2 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:44 pm

I recently updated my navcore from 8.410 to 9.170SE. I want to use the 920 maps with ALG. The unit seems to function fine. I love the 2 panel setup on my 3.5" screen. I am not using TTS to hopefully help the unit run faster and preserve memory. The 9.170SE navcore looks just like the old 8.410 one. I have ~ 6MB ram left. With my previous 8.410 I had 5 MB. Never had any problems with 8.410. Now the unit does not seem to go into and out of sleep with a quick push of the power button (unit will not come out of sleep). I need to hold the power button down longer to force a shutdown and then the unit restarts fine. I have also lost autozoom (not a big deal) nor do I have the option to enable it.

Do I need to update the bootloader even if I don't care about SD cards larger than 2GB?

I have seen recommendations for bootloader 5.5242 for this unit. Should I go with this one?

Would a different navcore be better? I want one for a 2 panel setup.

Do any of the newer navcores support selecting/deselecting autozoom?

Unit: TomTom One v3

Navcore 9.170SE by Mark Cat
Bootloader 5.0500
Map North_America_2GB v870.3406

Emulation x40light

Config File

model:x40light
runclean
ttsoff
bton
fmoff
rm

Thanks,
Mike
trailrider2 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:25 am

Makes you wonder why I offer installers for the latest Navcores that are suited for almost all TT models....
Your BL is fine for older Navcores, but even for a V8 I would have rcommended updating it to 5.5112 or 5.5128.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby trailrider2 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:47 am

If I install your Navcore 9.485 for most devices will my bootloader be updated? I wasn't sure if it could be configured in a 2 panel configuration. I have since found out it is. Also I like taking baby steps. First I did the Navcore, then the 920 map and now I need a better Navcore and probably a bootloader update.

Thanks,

Mike
trailrider2 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:45 am

As long as the Navcore runs and you have no USB transfer problem and no need for SDHC you don't need to update the BL.
I only recommend using the 5.5128 as so far no device had any problems with it and TT V9 Navcores or came with bootloaders in that region.
A two or three pane stauts bar is usually only affected by the emulation you choose, as for example a GO730 (X30 Emu) would use a three pane and has a bigger screen it usually does not look too good on small screen devices.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices