Aboslutely no sound with GO730 and One140   

Aboslutely no sound with GO730 and One140

Postby rahulshankar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 am

Ok, so here's the deal.
Updated both my GPS's. A tomtom GO730 and a TomTom One140.
Both were upgraded to a navcore 9.430 (downloaded file SE_9.430) and plugged in the Australia map 895.4438. Both updates were successful and this is evident when the GPS loads up. Couple of questions:
1) The start up for my GO730 has a start up screen of a motorway and my One140 has one of batman when loading up. Why the discrepancy in both devices? They both look great but why the difference on both devices?
2) More importantly,I had issues with getting the computer voices to load (i was able to get the human voices, no problem). I basically resolved that by using the loquendo tts from my previous saved maps (stored on my hard drive) and that fixed matters. However, when i turn the GPS on after that there is absolutely no sound coming on. I have tried resetting both devices, with no avail.
3) What's more curious is that after i installed navcore 9.430 with the GO730 the sound was working, a few hours later it has stopped. With the 730, i did not replace the loquendo tts files from a previous saved map.

All help in resolving this ongoing sound issue is much appreciate.

Cheers.
rahulshankar offline

Postby rahulshankar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:05 am

Ok a bit more of an update. Replaced from my saved files the "voices" directory and the "loquendo tts" directory. This then enabled the GO730 to have sound. HOWEVER, this lasted for approximately 30 seconds only! After which all sound is lost again!
A glitch in the navcore perhaps?
rahulshankar offline

Postby rahulshankar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:24 am

Ok problem solved. I downloaded 9.430.1-2008.go.CAB-navcore-GO and 9.430.2-2008.go.CAB-navcore-LE for Go730 and one140 respectively. Replaced the voices and loquento tts and everything started to work like clockwork. Only thing is that it doesn't look as flash as it did previously and doesn't have the awesome opening intro of batman or the highway and doesn't have the google search function and a few other tid bits that were there initially. Ah well, it works and that's all that matters!
rahulshankar offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 pm

rahulshankar wrote:Only thing is that it doesn't look as flash as it did previously and doesn't have the awesome opening intro of batman or the highway and doesn't have the google search function and a few other tid bits that were there initially.

Did you patch 9.430 or use the pre-patched SE 9.430 ttsystem file?

Request: All of your posts can be edited. Rather than multiple posts, with no reply in between, just add your comments to the existing post, Example; edit/add to post 1 instead of creating posts 2 & 3. This is much easier on us.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices