9-053-520930-1.dll   

9-053-520930-1.dll

Postby BMWarlock » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:43 pm

I would be most grateful if someone would post the patched 9-053-520930-1.dll file so I can use Home to connect to my Go 710 with navcore v9.053. None of the historical links to this file appear to work.

Thanks
BMWarlock offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Simply use FastActivate to patch the original yourself ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:17 pm

BMWarlock wrote:I would be most grateful if someone would post the patched 9-053-520930-1.dll file so I can use Home to connect to my Go 710 with navcore v9.053. None of the historical links to this file appear to work.

Thanks

You don't need patched 9-053-520930-1.dll to use Home to connect to your Go 710. You only need it to use TT Home "Operate my GO". If that is your intention, the first time you use "Operate my GO", after a navcore update, TT Home will download the needed files, including 9-053-520930-1.dll, to use the OMG feature.
As Downunder said, "Simply use FastActivate to patch the original yourself".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby BMWarlock » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks guys - that process worked OK ie files downloaded by Home and then successfully patched. Not sure why but, when Home connects to operate Go 710, it then finds no maps even though unit works fine normally. The only reason I'm bothering with this after years of satisfactory performance with the v9.053 setup is because when I upgrade the large European map (but not UK&I) all my speed camera POI get wiped with mapsettings.cfg and it's a real pain to reinstate them. With an earlier OS I figured out how to bypass this problem using Home to operate my Go but it was all very "hit and miss" so I haven't tried for some time. I'm not prepared to do much fiddling with this since I don't want to upset two pretty stable units.

I'm really delighted with my two old Go 710's and this setup - they do everything I need and much more than the original spec. - the only issues are:

1. Losing POI info on large map updates (as above) and

2. Units don't start smoothly with car ignition like they did with earlier OS - if they are not switched on manually before ignition they go through a much more convoluted boot process and are a bit more flaky locking to GPS for a while. Although others have also identified this problem I've yet to see a fix.

Cheers
BMWarlock offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:34 pm

BMWarlock wrote:Thanks guys - that process worked OK ie files downloaded by Home and then successfully patched.
1. Not sure why but, when Home connects to operate Go 710, it then finds no maps even though unit works fine normally.
2. The only reason I'm bothering with this after years of satisfactory performance with the v9.053 setup is because when I upgrade the large European map (but not UK&I) all my speed camera POI get wiped with mapsettings.cfg and it's a real pain to reinstate them. With an earlier OS I figured out how to bypass this problem using Home to operate my Go but it was all very "hit and miss" so I haven't tried for some time. I'm not prepared to do much fiddling with this since I don't want to upset two pretty stable units.

I'm really delighted with my two old Go 710's and this setup - they do everything I need and much more than the original spec. - the only issues are:

3. Losing POI info on large map updates (as above) and
4. Units don't start smoothly with car ignition like they did with earlier OS -
5. if they are not switched on manually before ignition they go through a much more convoluted boot process and are a bit more flaky locking to GPS for a while. Although others have also identified this problem I've yet to see a fix.

Cheers

1. This occurs when the "Operate my GO" .dll has not been patched for the current navcore on the device.
2. Copy the speedcam ov2 & ov2.dct files + the mapsettings.cfg file from the old map to the new map, & you won't lose them.
3. See point 2.
4. I don't know of ANY model, since at least 2007, that has auto-start.
5. I haven't seen or heard of this issue.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby BMWarlock » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Yes I'm a bit baffled about 1. - the correct folder was created for [email protected] and FastActivate patched the .dll file. After it failed to find maps, I haven't pursued the issue 'cause I don't want to risk messing things up. Over the years I've had a few "hairy" moments! I might have another go tomorrow if I'm feeling brave or foolish!!

Yes copying .ov2 and mapsettings.cfg works for the smaller UK&I map upgrades but for bigger maps, say W&CE etc (with the most POI's of course) Go710 falls over, the mapsettings.cfg gets wiped and the various loops start until I give up and spend a very tedious 15 mins banging in all manage POI's data yet again! The best way around all this was to copy .ov2 and mapsettings.cfg to the new map and first get it to work within Home "operate my device" and save a a new favourite within mapsettings.cfg - that would then allow the unit to work satisfactorily as stand-alone. Hence my interest in getting 9-053-520930-1.dll patched.

Yes I've had my 710's long enough to remember when they did autostart smoothly with switching ignition on (as they still smoothly switch off with ignition now). I think that facility stopped working after v8.011 or so but I wouldn't go back because so many other useful things came later to compensate. Just a shame there isn't a fix for it.
BMWarlock offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:01 pm

BMWarlock wrote:1. Yes I'm a bit baffled about 1. - the correct folder was created for [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] and FastActivate patched the .dll file. After it failed to find maps, I haven't pursued the issue 'cause I don't want to risk messing things up. Over the years I've had a few "hairy" moments! I might have another go tomorrow if I'm feeling brave or foolish!!

2. Yes copying .ov2 and mapsettings.cfg works for the smaller UK&I map upgrades but for bigger maps, say W&CE etc (with the most POI's of course) Go710 falls over, the mapsettings.cfg gets wiped and the various loops start until I give up and spend a very tedious 15 mins banging in all manage POI's data yet again! The best way around all this was to copy .ov2 and mapsettings.cfg to the new map and first get it to work within Home "operate my device" and save a a new favourite within mapsettings.cfg - that would then allow the unit to work satisfactorily as stand-alone. Hence my interest in getting 9-053-520930-1.dll patched.

Yes I've had my 710's long enough to remember when they did autostart smoothly with switching ignition on (as they still smoothly switch off with ignition now). I think that facility stopped working after v8.011 or so but I wouldn't go back because so many other useful things came later to compensate. Just a shame there isn't a fix for it.

1. For clarification, does "OMG" not found the map. or does it say that "you can't use this map".
2. This should not be occurring at all, regardless of the map size. The mapsetting.cfg does not get "wiped" for no apparent reason. It saves what it sees & deletes what it dooesn't see. In your situation, it isn't seeing your pois.
Have you read this: [color=red]How To Keep your Favorites When Upgrading Map[/color]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby BMWarlock » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:34 pm

tendriver wrote:1. For clarification, does "OMG" not found the map. or does it say that "you can't use this map".
2. This should not be occurring at all, regardless of the map size. The mapsetting.cfg does not get "wiped" for no apparent reason. It saves what it sees & deletes what it dooesn't see. In your situation, it isn't seeing your pois.
Have you read this: [color=red]How To Keep your Favorites When Upgrading Map[/color]

1. Home emulation states no maps found - tried again today with no success again!

2. Well, as I've indicated earlier, mapsetting.cfg transfer works fine for UK&I map upgrades but, for W&CE, Tomtom goes into reboot loop. I have a large no of POIs namely the full PocketGPSWorld speed zoned set for UK and Europe and I've just assumed that the large number caused the problem in the bigger maps. The "How To Keep your Favorites When Upgrading Map" procedure is exactly what I have used in the past with earlier OS's (with mixed results) and what I was attempting again this time for the first time with 9.053.
BMWarlock offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:01 pm

You can use programs such as POIEdit to export your favourites from the mapsettings.cfg to a normal .OV2 file.
This way i does not matter what map or version you use.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby BMWarlock » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Yes I use POIEdit to export my personal location favourites and this helps enormously, but unfortunately it doesn't work for the numerous speed camera POIs, which have specific, distance from POI warning messages associated with them
BMWarlock offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices