Unlock Mio C250   

Unlock Mio C250

Postby bobflem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi,can anyone direct me to the information on how to install miopocket lite on my c250 ?
many thanks.
bobflem offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 pm

To install MioPocket Lite:

1. First make sure that MioPocket 2.0 has already been extracted to the root of your SD Card then extract the selected version of MioPocket Lite to the root of your SD Card and it will automatically add/replace the files needed. If it asks whether it's okay to overwrite any files, select "Yes to All".

1a. If you have already installed MioPocket 2.0 as an "SD-Free" installation (runs from the internal flash drive) then you must also extract MioPocket Lite to the root of your flash drive. Alternatively, perform step 1 above, remove the SD Card from the device, uninstall MioPocket 2.0 from from your device, then re-install MioPocket by inserting the SD Card and following the prompts.

2. Reboot the device so MioPocket Lite can load. It will now be your default skin but you can change to any skin included with MioPocket 2.0 by clicking the Skins icon.

To swap between different versions of MioPocket Lite:
*For SD-Free installations, extract the version of choice to the root of your flash drive & SD Card.
*For SD-Card installations, extract the version of choice to the root of your SD Card.
If it asks whether it's okay to overwrite any files, select "Yes to All".

Note: Some of MioPocket 2.0's features have been disabled by default for the Office & Games skins (PowerButton, MiniBar & NavMinimize). If you change to another skin or decide to use some of these features, you will need to enable them via MioPocket Settings. To access MioPocket Settings, click on the taskbar icon to reveal the taskbar, then navigate to Start->Programs->Settings->MioPocket Settings.

You probably have to play with it a little. But this is what I found for you.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Let us know how you make out.

EDIT: What about this thread http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3423-Simple-Unlock-for-c230-and-possibly-other-320x240-devices It should work for your device.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bobflem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks for replies,i seem to be having a problem unlocking my device (newbie)spent hours trying.I,m probably using wrong software miopocket lite v9.2 ,sorry i,m not very good with tech stuff.
bobflem offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm

bobflem wrote:Thanks for replies,i seem to be having a problem unlocking my device (newbie)spent hours trying.I,m probably using wrong software miopocket lite v9.2 ,sorry i,m not very good with tech stuff.

Use the edit link in post #3. FOLLOW ALL THE NECESSARY DIRECTIONS FOR YOU.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bobflem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi,tried link and followed instructions start up into mio map hit button to sleep hit again comes back on launch tool yes tool vanishes nothing else happens.:thumbdown:
bobflem offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:39 am

Did you follow all the necessary directions? I know it works because many others have used it. It's possible that when you "hit" the power button to put it to sleep that you held it too long and actually turned off the device. You only need to "tap" the power button. Do not hold it. Same for when you wake it up again. When you downloaded and installed the unlock to your SD card, completely shutdown your device, wait a few seconds and then re-start. Also, I hope that you did the smart thing FIRST and backed up everything that you could just in case.

Thanks to xtyler92:
Did you buy it in Israel? I ask because they were famous for putting different software on the devices and then selling them. On a basic c250 with MioMap the unlock will work, on your setup it will not if from Israel.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Plus there is also this:

Mio Transfer Hack for C220, C250 and unlock for Mio C250 [C220?]:

For a lot of actions described on this site you might need Mio Transfer Hack. I think this program is an essential asset for altering / adding / deleting and copying files on your device.

Install Mio Transfer on your PC. It is on your DVD. Then copy mio transfer hack.exe into the install directory. Now you are all set.

Turn your device on before connecting to your pc through the usb cable.

Download Mio Unlock and Transfer Hack: [Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file]

PW: navitotal.com

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Once you have access to your internal flash drive, you might be able to use this http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3290-My-3.3-internal-Flash-drive-with-the-Mio-unlock-already-contained

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bobflem » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:25 pm

When i start it up i press miomap map loads then i tap the power button it gives me 3 options shutdown suspend and restart i press suspend, screen black quickly press power button tool comes up press yes tool vanishes nothing happens.
I can get into flash drive with transfer hack is there any way i can put in files manually?
No it's not from Israel.:confused:
bobflem offline

Postby bobflem » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Sorry i've only just seen your other replies,i will give them ago.
Thankyou.
bobflem offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:33 pm

bobflem wrote:Sorry i've only just seen your other replies,i will give them ago.
Thankyou.

Try my last post. It will upgrade your firmware, I hope. I'm dying to know if it worked for you.

EDIT: Don't worry about a sizing issue. That's only your resolution and can be easily fixed. When you first turn the device on, the normal miomap menu will appear. Just tap miomap and the black unlock will appear. You also will probably not need the hack anymore because your computer should recognize your device. But don't delete it! [color="#FF0000"]Only iGO8 not Primo.[/color]

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bobflem » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:39 pm

What would be the best way to extract miodevice fireware into flash drive.Tried to extract to digiwalker it extracts but is not shown flash,the only other way i can see is by using Transfer hack in which i will have to transfer individual files as it will not transfer folders.There must be another way i can access the flash through my pc like you can with other mobile devices.
bobflem offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:50 pm

There is something you can try. Did you backup the internal flash drive before you started to edit anything? That's very important. If you did [and I sure hope so] then delete everything from your internal flash drive. Extract the download again [my unlock] to your device's internal, shutdown your device, wait a few seconds and try to start your device as if it were completely off. See if it starts.

I'm afraid that you'll have to use the transfer hack file by file. You'll have to create folders and put the files into them. If it starts up properly with my contained unlock [3.3], then you'll only have to plug into the computer's USB port to see all in My Computer - I hope.

If this doesn't work, you can always try the unlock in post #8.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bobflem » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi chas521,i put your unlock onto my flash drive and it did come up with the desktop but i could not access much, but it was worth ago.I gave the sd unlock another go i've got the desktop and can access miomap,i've tried primo it loads but not enough memory.So i shall give igo8 a try but could you advise me on what version to download for my mio.Many thanks for your help.
bobflem offline

Next

Return to Mio Device Unlock