Simple Unlock for CE 5.0 and 4.2 core devices   

Postby somniantis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:I have the unlock from the above page entitled The Unlock Below is the Unlock I use on my c320 and c520, I can share if you need it...

Is this unlock SD or SD free?
I have MioPocket.Lite on my MioC320, I just wanted to try something else...to run off and SD card.
Thanks.
EDIT...
I saw the next post, it seems it is SD Free...
somniantis offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:46 pm

somniantis wrote:Is this unlock SD or SD free?
I have MioPocket.Lite on my MioC320, I just wanted to try something else...to run off and SD card.
Thanks.
EDIT...
I saw the next post, it seems it is SD Free...

I never installed it, I downloaded it for some reason then archived it.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby trackfactory » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Hello all.
I am a newbee, just signed up. I came upon this forum after doing a google search on how to install IGO8 on my old Mio C520. I haven't used the thing at all in the last several of years since I installed a Double DIN head unit with Nav feature. I was planning on giving the Mio to my son to use in his car, and I figured I might as well update the maps for him. Unfortunately when I went to the Mio site, I notice my device is no longer supported. The support people were nice enough to offer me a discount on a new unit (I think it was Magelan).

What brought me here was the fact that my head unit Nav SW on SD card craped out on me (Sygic). The Sycgic drive.exe must have gotten currupted and of course I neglected to make a backup of the SD card. I don't know which was worse, dealing with the Chinese device manufacturer or Sygic, but I was never able to get that issue resolved. So I just went ahead a purched a IGO8 SD card from ebay, and it worked perfectly.

Here is my issue, since I already have a full version copy of IGO8 on SD, I wanted to be able to install it on the Mio for my son. I have been reading through the threads, and get the jyst of how it should be done, but since I'm so far behind, I fear I might be missing some simple but necessary steps to take.

The Mio was previously hacked (not sure which one) but it was some time ago, maybe 3 or more years ago when I hacked it. When I boot into the hack screen I do notice an icon for IGO 8, but when I select it, I get an error message that states "Cannot find IGO8 (or one of its components). I assume it's because I haven't installed the IGO8 SW on the SD card yet.

I don't think it's as simple as copying the files over from one SD card to the Mio SD card. I've been seeing references to modifying the sys.txt file here on the threads, and also some people asking how they can have the IGO icon available on normal boot instead of the hack boot screen.

I understand that the latest hacks include IGO8 or IGO Primo with them, but since I already have a purchased copy of IGO8, I thought I would be able to use that. I'm assuming the steps to install will be different, or maybe impossible, and I will be forced to use the version that comes with one of the newer hacks.

Any advice for this newbe, or a point in the right dirrection will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
trackfactory offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 pm

if the copy of igo is officially licensed then it will only work on the card it was supplied on, with regards to the icon, it purely depends on how the device was hacked, when the device is rebooted what happens?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:16 pm

To begin with, welcome to Navitotal. My device is a Mio C320 so your C520 is a blood brother. It's very simple to do your device. Mio devices are very easy to upgrade. Your device's Mio system is 3.3 so the first thing I want you to do is make a complete backup of your device's internal drive to your computer. Then I want you to delete everything off your internal drive and copy this download to the the internal drive http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3290-My-3.3-internal-Flash-drive-with-the-Mio-unlock-already-contained.

Next, depending upon which program you want to use, just make these downloads http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011 or http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9656-iGo-Primo-2.0-Build-9.6.5.211211-%28Dec-07-2011%29-Torrent

Just add content and you should be good to go. Any questions, just ask here.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby AS_Rat » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:17 am

can you explain me where do i set the path for my chosen navi software?
AS_Rat offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:44 am

Which unlock are you using?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby AS_Rat » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 am

XTyler Universal 320x240 Unlock. i solved my pb.ty. the unlock run the navi software itself. ty all
AS_Rat offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby xtyler92 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:55 pm

LOL... I am glad it worked out
xtyler92 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Plus there is also this:

Mio Transfer Hack for C220, C250 and unlock for Mio C250 [C220?]:

For a lot of actions described on this site you might need Mio Transfer Hack. I think this program is an essential asset for altering / adding / deleting and copying files on your device.

Install Mio Transfer on your PC. It is on your DVD. Then copy mio transfer hack.exe into the install directory. Now you are all set.

Turn your device on before connecting to your pc through the usb cable.

Download Mio Unlock and Transfer Hack:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

PW: navitotal.com [if necessary]

EDIT: You might want to read this thread regarding the Mio C250 http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10385-Unlock-Mio-C250

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby _toper_ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:12 am

Hi! I have a Navigon 70 Plus, is it possible to unlocked this so i can install other navigation software? Thanks in advance for your help!
_toper_ offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:09 pm

_toper_ wrote:Hi! I have a Navigon 70 Plus, is it possible to unlocked this so i can install other navigation software? Thanks in advance for your help!

Did you look here http://www.navitotal.com/forumdisplay.php?67-Navigon

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby oztal » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm

hello, can this unlock my fujicom 4302?
oztal offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:54 am

oztal wrote:hello, can this unlock my fujicom 4302?

Please post your device's specifications. Link?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby amillsmcewan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Hello

I'd like to unlock my Omnitech 16877 Win CE GPS device but all the various forums have links to sites or files that no longer exist. Do you have any ideas please? thanks
amillsmcewan offline

PreviousNext

Return to Mio Device Unlock