I need you help !!   

I need you help !!

Postby vsbaroux » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi guys !! My device is a Mio moov s505 and i don`t know many things. It is supposed that my mio has 44 countries (all Europe) but the maps are very poor. i have only the main capitals and the basics roads at the rest of europe ! what can i do, can anyone help me ?? thanks a lot !!!
vsbaroux offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 pm

vsbaroux wrote:Hi guys !! My device is a Mio moov s505 and i don`t know many things. It is supposed that my mio has 44 countries (all Europe) but the maps are very poor. i have only the main capitals and the basics roads at the rest of europe ! what can i do, can anyone help me ?? thanks a lot !!!

First of all, what program do you presently have on your device? It's also very possible that more detailed maps are not available. If you want to try and update your navigation program with something else, the first thing you need is an unlock for the MOOV series. Look here and read: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?140-Mio-Device-Unlock. Then when that is done, you need a program: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?83-Program-%28-data.zip-branding.zip-license%29 and then you need content: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?82-Maps-buildings-dem-POI
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby vsbaroux » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 pm

i have the original program installed, navman. I ve tried to follow your instructions but at the first procedure(unlock it) when i m trying to un zip the file that i ve downloaded i need a password that i dont know.. and as u understan i m stucked... and my mio is not working ! what shall i do exactly ?? thank u for your patience
vsbaroux offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:26 pm

vsbaroux wrote:i have the original program installed, navman. I ve tried to follow your instructions but at the first procedure(unlock it) when i m trying to un zip the file that i ve downloaded i need a password that i dont know.. and as u understan i m stucked... and my mio is not working ! what shall i do exactly ?? thank u for your patience

This is important. BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES OR EDITS TO YOUR DEVICE I WANT YOU TO BACK-UP [COPY] ALL THE FILES THAT YOU NOW HAVE ON YOUR DEVICE - IN CASE YOU NEED TO REINSTALL THEM.

Which unlock did you try? I tried the MOOV unlock and no password was required.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Mio Device Unlock