Mio Navman 470 - Map Update   

Mio Navman 470 - Map Update

Postby egon23 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi all.

Im very new for this kind of stuff. I tryed searching the forum but i didnt find exactly what i need.
So, i got from a friend a Mio Navman 470 device to try putting up some missing maps. Eventually some newer version of the existing ones.
I was thinking this couldn't be to hard, i did such things on my phone to.
But i didnt find the solution for simply refreshing the maps.
I allready know that i could hack my device to put other sistems on it, like igo or tomtom, but if it not necessary, i dont want to do this.
Especially because the device is not mine.
So i'd like to put on this Navman 470 some maps what are missing and keeping the native op system.
Is this possible?
egon23 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:56 pm

First of all, what IS the present nav program. Device specifications? Where is home? Unfortunately, you're gonna have to install one of our cracked programs - probably iGO8 or Primo. When it comes to updating maps a license issue becomes in effect. You can't update maps on a real program unless you pay for them. The license on a cracked version has been altered to accept maps.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:29 pm

egon23 wrote:So i'd like to put on this Navman 470 some maps what are missing and keeping the native op system.
Is this possible?

No, the Mio/Navman software has not been cracked, so you have to pay for additional or new maps, but even the latest maps for this software are old now.

So really the only course of action is to unlock and install different software, which isn't as hard as it sounds.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby egon23 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Well thank you guys. I think unfortunately i got the answer for my question. But in response for chas521 who asked for device specification i`ll make one more lap.

I'm copy/pasting this lines mostly for the full picture, and i understand what both of u sayd, that probably the only way is to unlock and install other program.
But here is the info about the device, maybe after this... who knows :)

And if really i cant do nothing with this current os, than could u give me please a suggestion what is better from the mentioned two programs,
Igo8 or Primo mostly for middle-eastern europe ?

From app_startup.txt i copied this lines:
* Application Model: TATA_400A_LEOPARD (1, 66) WinCE: 0x500
* Project Code: N255
* SKUID: 9384

And the folder structure of the device is this:

My Documents\
Navman\
Navman_unused\
Program Files\
app_startup.txt
autorun.inf
cfpins.sig
cfpins.xml
device.sig
device.xml
install.ini
mio.ico
NVM0
NVM1
NVM3
paths.xml
PL_Log.bin
Source.txt
upgrade.htm
egon23 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:26 am

Igo8 or Primo is the best. As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with either one. What I mean by device specifications is the OS. What version of WinCE? How much RAM memory? Resolution? A link to the specs? Fatboyfun will be glad to guide you once he has the information.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 pm

You should be ok for Primo 2...

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?t=8169
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby egon23 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks again for your help. I think i`ll go on the thread posted by Fatboyfun. I'll install Primo2. My only concern is that this device has only 2 GB internal memory. Here are the [Please Register or Login to download file] what i found on the mio site. And im using more then 1.8 GB already. So my last questions are:

1. Should i delete some map files first to have room for the Primo2 ?
2. And after when Primo is installed and hopefully working, should i keep the old mio system or it can be deleted ? - Or only the maps ?

This are the folders what are occupying the most space

My Documents 19,307,632 - some logs
Navman 1,377,332,353 - many things but mostly maps
Navman_unused 202,312,778 - maps
Program Files 270,981,603 - many thing, language files occupying the most space
egon23 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 pm

egon23 wrote:1. Should i delete some map files first to have room for the Primo2 ?

Yes, you can delete map, POI and other content like speedcam files safely, Make a full windows explorer backup first (Turn on show system files and turn off hide hidden files, etc)

egon23 wrote:2. And after when Primo is installed and hopefully working, should i keep the old mio system or it can be deleted ? - Or only the maps ?

Deleting all the content files will get the Mio software down to around 50MB, I usually leave one map installed just in case of any problems, In my area that means the total size of the original software is 180MB, You will run into problems if you remove the software in it's entirety.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby egon23 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Hello,

I'm coming back to my own thread and i'll try to ask here that thing, what i asked on the "Rung Igo on Mio Moov..." Thread.
Sorry if i'm to insistent, and maybe the answer is somehow obvious but i'm so little far away to be full happy, that i need to give a try.

So on short: i instaled primo2 on my navman and ist working fine, but i got the restarting bug when i exit the program. This isn't my main problem.
My problem is that i setted primo to autostart and i would like to keep it so. But also i'd like to be able reaching the desktop(start menu, filemance etc). And i cant do this, with the restart bug + primo on autostart.
Is there any solution ?
egon23 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Primo reboots the device on exit on these devices, there is no fix for this, you can set up total commander to run from an external button, which will give you file system access, you will need to install a skin for this to work though.

A more complicated route is to set up a timer to either run igo after ten seconds or so, or exit to the desktop on button click.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Razorblatter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Okay, I want to request some help with updating (esp. new maps) a Mio Spirit 470.

I have some experience with updating TomTom devices but have got no experience with this one.

1. I read a few (Fatboyfun) threads and I gathered that the original software of it cannot be updated and that I would need to replace it with other software?
2. Can I then replace the maps with more recent ones?
3. Is Navteq Q3 the latest? (from filesupload100)

I am not familiar with the Mio devices and various models (Spirit, Moov, Navman???) and need exact references to the appropiate downloads.

As with TT, it is very confusing to start doing things to start off with.
Thanks in advance!
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:44 pm

You are correct about not being able to update the original software, however it's easy to unlock and run something else.

Tomtom is not going to work (WinCE 6) but iGO primo 2.x does work. You can use latest maps as found in the iGO map forum, you will see references to tomtom maps in there, that's because tomtom bought and rebranded teleatlas maps, these are not the same as the tomtom maps found in the tomtom forum, iGO can use maps from different providers.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Razorblatter » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:43 pm

Okay, the Spirit 470 did not get a GPS connection anymore with the original software. Didn't know what to do anymore.
So I've downloaded the Primo2 software.

But now I'm wondering which map I should take.
I started downloading this Navteq Europe Q3 2012 + IGO PRIMO Truck V2.0 but I'm wondering if that is the one I should take because the first part (of ten) is 400MB.
I only have less than 2GB on the Spirit 470.

Am I missing something or should I take Navteq Europe Q3 2012-Torrent?
This one specifies: Any working version of Primo (all versions and platforms) so it should be okay.
Am I right in this?

PROBLEM ! I still don't connect to GPS.
The screens says it's looking for it but it does not connect ? I've put it outside into the open air several tiimes, reset it, switched it on/off...
What can the problem be?
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm

The maps themselves are split into separate files for each country/region, so you don't have to put the whole archive on, just your own country if you like.

The problem with the GPS not working is a bit more concerning, within the original software there may be a "reset GPS" option, it's in the moov smartst but I can't remember about spirit.

There are also options in the wince control panel for the GPS receiver.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Razorblatter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 am

Yeah, I tried the GPS reset in the original software but that did not work.

Also, within WinCE I discovered a Orion Control icon with some resetting/Stop/start options but it has not worked yet.
The General tab does say 'Downloading GML firmware', 'Waiting for GML data' and 'No GML data'.
There is another tab titled GPS with some options. One says 'When system is reset, x start Orion Service and x start GPS. So far, I've not been able to make that work.
Would it help you if I posted some screenprints of these tomorrow?

Or should I be starting to think that the GPS thingy has broken down?

Thanks for your help !
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Next

Return to Mio Device Unlock