Mio C720 stuck on orange logo screen   

Mio C720 stuck on orange logo screen

Postby BUGkc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:07 am

I have this problem where my Mio C720 stuck on orange logo screen (no USB connection, no communication between device and SD card...) and the WinCE won't boot up. In few last weeks I have tried a lot a stuff to back my mio in live but without success.

Now, I'd like to try JTAG procedure. Can someone help me with this? Where I can download tools, scheme etc. ?

Thank you and sorry on my bad English.
BUGkc offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:22 pm

BUGkc wrote:I have this problem where my Mio C720 stuck on orange logo screen (no USB connection, no communication between device and SD card...) and the WinCE won't boot up. In few last weeks I have tried a lot a stuff to back my mio in live but without success.

Now, I'd like to try JTAG procedure. Can someone help me with this? Where I can download tools, scheme etc. ?

Thank you and sorry on my bad English.

When you say that you have no USB connection, you're not saying there is NO USB connector on your device but that your computer does not recognize the device even thought it is plugged in to your computer via the USB cable. Is that correct? Try using "Total Commander" to see if that helps. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3860-Total-Commander&highlight=total+commander
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby BUGkc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Sorry on my bad English. There is no communication between mio device and my PC. Windows on my PC doesn't recognize my device when I plug in it through USB (nothing happens than).
I don't understand you what to do with TC? I said that my MIO doesn't want to boot up WinCe. It stuck long before on orange Mio logo screen. On GpsPxxxxx forum I read that I must do JTAG if I have that "orange screen" problem. Also, there is a link for JTAG recover mio CX20, but it is broken link. So, if anyone knows where I can find tools and tutorial for JTAG procedure? Thank you.

[MOD] no links to other websites ;) [/MOD]
BUGkc offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:02 pm

The Total Commander program gives you the opportunity to see what is on your device. Try it if it doesn't work simply delete the TC program. Trying it won't hurt anything.

It's also VERY possible that you have a bad cable. Also, I would try all of the USB ports on your computer if you haven't done so already.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby BUGkc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Cable is OK. I tried other cable and also I tried to connect my device on other PC with no success.

I know what TC is for, I use it every day ;) but in this case is useless because there is no communication between device and PC.

Let me said once again. I have read a lot about this. In most web places, people are saying that solution of this problem is JTAG. But, I can find nowhere some kind of tutorial and/or tools. It can help me any JTAG tutorial/tools from a Mio CX20 series (for example popular C320). Thank you.
BUGkc offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:49 pm

BUGkc wrote:Cable is OK. I tried other cable and also I tried to connect my device on other PC with no success.

I know what TC is for, I use it every day ;) but in this case is useless because there is no communication between device and PC.

Let me said once again. I have read a lot about this. In most web places, people are saying that solution of this problem is JTAG. But, I can find nowhere some kind of tutorial and/or tools. It can help me any JTAG tutorial/tools from a Mio CX20 series (for example popular C320). Thank you.

You can try this http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3290-My-3.3-internal-Flash-drive-with-the-Mio-unlock-already-contained It's from my C320.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 pm

I tried to find the recovermiocx20.zip but no luck
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby BUGkc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:35 am

That's not it. But, I already have a firmware form exactly working c720 device (win image). Also I have a tutorial how to upgrade firmware. But it is useless because I don't have communication between device and PC, and between device and SD card.

Only thing I need is tutorial/tools for JTAG for may device or any of CX20 series. Anyone? Thank you.
BUGkc offline

Postby BUGkc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:37 am

Fatboyfun wrote:I tried to find the recovermiocx20.zip but no luck

Yes and me to. For days now. Only link that I can find is on 4shared but it is dead.
BUGkc offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:48 pm

BUGkc wrote:That's not it. But, I already have a firmware form exactly working c720 device (win image). Also I have a tutorial how to upgrade firmware. But it is useless because I don't have communication between device and PC, and between device and SD card.

Only thing I need is tutorial/tools for JTAG for may device or any of CX20 series. Anyone? Thank you.

We're only trying to help you if we can by just throwing out possible suggestions. Would it help if you can put the firmware on a SD card using a card reader instead of the device?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby BUGkc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes. I tried this, but I can't access booloader menu (blue screen) to update firmware. I read that model C720 or all C series have some "problem" with accessing boot menu. There is method gnd+pin9, but as I am informed, that will not working because I already have an orange screen issue.

Anyway, I found some stuff about making JTAG on C series, so I will go to study it bit by bit.

Thank you for your suggestions :thumbup:

P.S.
Have you ever access to blue boot menu on your c320? If yes, how?
BUGkc offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 pm

BUGkc wrote:Yes. I tried this, but I can't access booloader menu (blue screen) to update firmware. I read that model C720 or all C series have some "problem" with accessing boot menu. There is method gnd+pin9, but as I am informed, that will not working because I already have an orange screen issue.

Anyway, I found some stuff about making JTAG on C series, so I will go to study it bit by bit.

Thank you for your suggestions :thumbup:

P.S.
Have you ever access to blue boot menu on your c320? If yes, how?

Honestly, I have never needed to update firmware or do anything to my C320 other than modify the unlock. Incidentally, my unlock[s] are for version 3.3 but if you can't access, I don't know what to say. Obviously, you know what you need.

EDIT: I don't know if this will help. I can't tell if it's only for the MOOV series. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?7414-My-Mio-device-won-t-boot-or-connect-to-USB!

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby BUGkc » Thu May 03, 2012 6:03 pm

I solved my problem using JTAG procedure. With JTAG I got blue upgrade screen and then I installed new firmware (winceimg).
BUGkc offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu May 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks for the update, Maybe a how-to guide could be useful for others... :think:
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby BUGkc » Thu May 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Of course. :dance:

On next link:
Code: Select all
https://rapidshare.com/files/2747556340/RecoverMioCX20.zip

or
Code: Select all
http://www.4shared.com/file/JAIsslVX/RecoverMioCX20.html

...there is a very good tutorial + required tools + required data (uboot, SPL, ipl..). The only thing more you will need is ROM version for your device (winceimg)

In pdf tutorial everything is explained in detail (how to open device, which cable to use, which resistors to use, which tool and data to use in specific case etc.). There is two way of JTAG procedure; short way and long way. If first short way doesn’t work (as for me), there is long way (about 2h). After that long way I got blue upgrade screen. :dance:
BUGkc offline

Next

Return to Mio Device Unlock