MIO C520 don't see 2GB SD card   

MIO C520 don't see 2GB SD card

Postby alexnext93 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:19 am

Hy,

I have a problem with my Mio C520 . I've made a unlock ( found on xtyler's page [Please Register or Login to download file] ) and I have installed Miomap v3 on the internal memory and I have Igo8 on a 1GB micro sd card . I use the micro sd card with a adapter . Now I have an SD card from SanDisk and the device dosen't see it . But if I go in Control Panel/Storage Manager there is on DSK 2 a SD card with 295 GB ( the Sd card has only 2 GB ) and all I try : format , new partition , defrag , scan dosen't work , I mean it's useless .

Thanks,
Alex
alexnext93 offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:26 am

What if you try an other sd card?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby alexnext93 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:56 am

I tryed an 2GB micro sd wth adapter , that SanDisk 2GB Sd , and 2 others SD from the store . Nothing works , but the first time I insert a 2GB card it appears in Explore , then the second time I check , it isn't there . If I try to open it , it is empty .
I've read something on another forum that probably it's a software problem and "you should update Windows CE 5" ? I don't know .
alexnext93 offline

Postby nabi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:31 pm

You tried only micro sd (with adapter) or also 'normal' sd? A micro sd plus adapter often gives problems. (not always - often)

If a 'full' sd card gives problems, this is microsofts advise : [Please Register or Login to download file]
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby xtyler92 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:02 pm

I don't think I would do anything with the Firmware. It could be a hardware problem, like the ability to read cards have gone bad. More than likely, if it is not a hardware problem, then it has to do with MioPocket running on the internal drive and you trying to run a different unlock off the SD card (if I understood you correctly). You cannot do that by just popping the other (my) unlock on the SD card since your device will scan the internal drive first. Since both MioPocket and my unlock use MioAutoRun to launch the unlocks (assuming you are using one of my SD Unlocks), this becomes a problem since the device will choose one to ignore... which might also be leading to the problems with your c520's firmware seeing the device.

Here is the easy way.... just pick one of the unlocks and stick with it.

The hard way, change the name of the MioAutoRun script for my unlock on your SD card. You need to do that since your c520 will automatically read and recognize a script called MioAutoRun on the SD card. Actually you will need to rename all the MioAutoRun files on the SD card. Now, this will take away the ability for the unlock to start automatically. However, you can make a launch script that can kill MioPocket and then launch the unlock on the SD card. However it is much more complicated to do that then it is worth. An easier solution would be to change the directory for the MioAutoRun script for MP (by putting it's launch files into a folder on your internal drive... not all of MioPocket just the MioAutoRun files. Then you can do the same with the ones on the SD card for my unlock. Then make a small desktop screen that loads with a button for launching either MP or my unlock off your SD card. A simple script will do that just launches MioAutoRun on the SD card or MioAutoRun on the internal drive. Use mortscript to do it. Also make sure the paths to the MioAutoRun's are correct in the scripts. I would make two separate scripts, one for MP and one for my unlock on your SD card. Then make a folder with the small desktop you made with the buttons and place it on the internal drive. Make a launch script for that and replace the MioMap.exe with that, so this way when you hit the MioMap button the small desktop with unlock selection you made will load. then just pick which you want to run. It sounds a lot more complex then it really is. The hardest part is making the .bmp images for the buttons. Oh, you might also want to edit the MioAutoRun scripts for the unlocks to kill systeminformation.exe so this way your desktop with the buttons to choose the unlocks will be killed once you make your selection.
xtyler92 offline

Postby alexnext93 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:47 am

I don't really understand the easy way . I just have to pick one unlock and that's all ?
And I'm using an SD free unlock and the links for the SD unlock on your page dosen't work . Can you give me another working link .
For nabi's question , yes I tryied with all kind of SD cards , also with "normal" sd card .
Another thing . If I put an 2 GB Sd card in the gps , the first time I enter Explore it show's me that is there , but it's empty and I cannot view other information about it (the card is only visible in Explore from the unlock ) .Now the second time I search the storage card , the gps dosen't see it .
Thanks again .
alexnext93 offline

Return to Mio Device Unlock