Mio C320 Unlock ???   

Mio C320 Unlock ???

Postby katuga » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:36 am

Finally my C320 got stolen. Just bought same model off ebay.
The old one use a SD Unlock posted by xtyler92 way back then. It reboot each time I turn ON the unit, though.

I am not interested in miomap or any windows application but Igo8 nav software. I wanted to install Igo8.3.4 directly onto flash disk and keep content folder on SD.
Questions:
1. Can this be done without unlocking the device?
2. If so, what do I need to edit to bring up Igo8 directly?

TIA
katuga offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:09 pm

katuga wrote:Finally my C320 got stolen. Just bought same model off ebay.
The old one use a SD Unlock posted by xtyler92 way back then. It reboot each time I turn ON the unit, though.

I am not interested in miomap or any windows application but Igo8 nav software. I wanted to install Igo8.3.4 directly onto flash disk and keep content folder on SD.
Questions:
1. Can this be done without unlocking the device?
2. If so, what do I need to edit to bring up Igo8 directly?

TIA

I'd like to make a suggestion. Although you don't use MioMap, why not leave it on your C320 and put iGO and contents on a SD card? It works just as well and is easy to install, change and make corrections if necessary. I don't use MioMap but I still leave it on my device. Just a suggestion.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Aprreciate your suggestion.

Postby katuga » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:35 pm

That is exactly how it works with my old C320.
However, there is a delay when the system boot up each time I turn the power ON.

Since I will use C320 for navigation only, thought I can eliminate the unlock by installing IGO8 directly onto internal flash disk and content folder in SD. I am not a techy so thought I should ask before I bricked the device.
katuga offline

Postby angelriva » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 pm

You may try to copy all the contents of IGO into the empty folder of Miomap (yes you will have to delete it, but please first of all attempt to back it up) and paste the content of IGO inside the miomap folder and then rename the exec file (IGO) to miomap as the original turn it off and turn it on and should work. As simple as a matter of replace files in the original content. Hope to be helpfull
angelriva offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 am

angelriva wrote:You may try to copy all the contents of IGO into the empty folder of Miomap (yes you will have to delete it, but please first of all attempt to back it up) and paste the content of IGO inside the miomap folder and then rename the exec file (IGO) to miomap as the original turn it off and turn it on and should work. As simple as a matter of replace files in the original content. Hope to be helpful

I've always suggested that you put the program on a SD card rather than in the internal. It's too easy to mess things up and wind up with a brick.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Mio Device Unlock