Mio C320 UAE version   

Mio C320 UAE version

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi

I just recently bought a Mio C320 with the GCC Maps loaded on. It came with a 2GB SD card already. There are no official updates available for the maps/device so I was wondering what else can I do to get the latest maps?

Thanks in advance!
maneck35 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:57 pm

In order to update the content [map, etc] free from here you have to update and install to your SD card a cracked program from here as well as an unlock for the Mio C320. Or else you can go to the official sites and pay for map updates.

What program are you using now?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi chas521,

I'm was using the stock Mio C320 software but I've unlocked it using your unlock provided here - http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3290-My-3.3-internal-Flash-drive-with-the-Mio-unlock-already-contained .

I'm looking for any other option that has the latest version of GCC maps. I see you are using iGo, Amigo, Garmin etc. but I don't know where to get the latest GCC Maps from :doh::think:

Thanks!
maneck35 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:18 pm

What are GCC maps? How did you apply my unlock? Are you using MioMap? It is completely ancient.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Yes, I currently only have MioMap. I believe the unlock is the 3.3 Unlock (from your thread). I just checked 'About' in the GPS and it says Mireo viaGPS 3.0 Black Edition. GCC Maps are Maps for the Middle East Region (also known as GCC).
maneck35 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:31 pm

OK, you never answered my question about how you used my unlock. First, make a complete backup of the all the Mio C320's internal files and your SD card. Next, delete everything from the internal drive and copy all of my unlock files/folders to your internal disk. Next, go here and download this program and copy it completely to your SD card. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-16-2011 Go here and download this http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?11480-Middle-East-R3-content-Q112 Maps [.fbl] go into content\map. POIs go into content\poi.

Completely shutdown your device, wait a few seconds and re-start.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:33 pm

I used your unlock as you stated. Wiped it completely and then put the update into the internal memory after backing everything up.
maneck35 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:38 pm

maneck35 wrote:I used your unlock as you stated. Wiped it completely and then put the update into the internal memory after backing everything up.

Good job. Now do the rest. Please post your results.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:56 pm

I installed iGo Maps first and then replaced the contents of the content folder in SDCard:\iGo\content with the ones I downloaded from the Middle East Maps download link you gave me but to no luck. I can't even access iGo Maps. When I boot up the device, the MioMap software loads. How do I know whether my C320 has been unlocked and if so, how do I run iGo Maps?
maneck35 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:16 pm

maneck35 wrote:I installed iGo Maps first and then replaced the contents of the content folder in SDCard:\iGo\content with the ones I downloaded from the Middle East Maps download link you gave me but to no luck. I can't even access iGo Maps. When I boot up the device, the MioMap software loads. How do I know whether my C320 has been unlocked and if so, how do I run iGo Maps?

Sorry, but what are you doing??? SIMPLY, download my iGO8 program from the link I gave you above. Using Winrar extract the folder "igo8" from the download to your SD card. Download the maps link [Middle East]. Using Winrar open the .rar file. You'll see various files. FBL goes into content\map, POI goes into content\poi.

Don't do anything but what I told you to do! You have my unlock on your internal C320. You do everything else on a blank SD card.

Shutdown your device, wait a few seconds and re-start. You'll see Miomap, press it and the unlock starts. Open NNG and press igo8.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:53 pm

I have done EXACTLY as you've stated. What's NNG?
maneck35 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:54 pm

That's the name of the company that puts out all igo products. Is everything working now?

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Nope. I can't see NNG.
maneck35 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 pm

WHAT? Are you sure you put ALL the files/folders on your internal C320 disk from my 3.3 unlock? What happens when you start your device? It should come to a menu that has MioMap on the left of the menu. Press MioMap and the black unlock starts. One of the choices in the unlock is NNG. Press it and igo, amigo and primo icon buttons should appear. Press igo and the program should then start.

Are your sure that you're using only Winrar and not another unzipping program? Google Winrar and download the correct version for your PC - it's free.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maneck35 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Yes, but I didn't see the menu that you speak of. It only asked me to reset the date and time and MioMap loaded up.
maneck35 offline

Next

Return to Mio Device Unlock