IGO8 on MIO C220 V. 3.2 - Plz Help (starting from scratch!)    

IGO8 on MIO C220 V. 3.2 - Plz Help (starting from scratch!)

Postby jammin81 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 am

Hello and starting off I just found this awesome website after a bad experience with my C220 and MIO in general. I bought lifetime updates years ago with my C220 and now updates are not even available.
MIO told me to buy a new device and basically not looking to ever pay them another $.

Sorry...... anyway I read a lot about IGO8. Plz help me install this on my C220! I live in north America and have a C220 with version 3.2 running on the MIO. It's standard and has never been touched or hacked. Again N/ America w/ C220 running version 3.2. - I am a total noob and please don't be angry if this has been posted a gazillion times.....

I have done research and ended up at this site for a reason. I suck and there are gurus out there! :yahoo:

This is the closest link I could find and would appreciate ANY help in getting IGO8 running on this old device. Plz help as I have NO knowledge of versions of IGO (which version, features ect)

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1200-MIO-C220-Upgrade&highlight=c220

Links are dead and basically I have NO clue where to start or the latest maps ect ect.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! Thanks in advance and take care! HELP me PLZZZZZZ :helpsos:
jammin81 offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:54 pm

@jammin81

First things first. Your C220 is only 32 MB RAM so it cannot have TTS [text to speech] or use any Primo program. You can ONLY use iGO8 with non-TTS voices. Also, your resolution is 320_240.

Now, you can either follow this post http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1277-Mio-DigiWalker-v2.0-2005-What-can-I-do to put the program directly on your device's internal drive

or

You can unlock your device first and put it on a SD card. You should use a 2GB SD card NOT SDHC. Look in the Mio unlock sub-section.

Igo8 program http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011 Download using Depositfiles or Rapidshare.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jammin81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. I like the idea of unlocking the device first and then running igo from the SD card. I'm trying to find a 4 GB NON SDHC card now and will have (hopefully soon!)

Btw - Will 4GB Non sdhc cards even work? I have seen 3 x non sdhc cards. 1 from transend, another from elite pro and another from Qmemory.
Will any work as I want all US maps on my device if possible. TTS and other features are unimportant as long as I have all maps with some speech telling me where to turn! ;o)

In the mean time. Whats the best way of unlocking the C220? I see a few methods for other C series devices.... Could you point me in the best direction?

Many thanks!
jammin81 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 am

You want to use Navteq maps not TeleAtlas [now TomTom for WinCE not a TT device]. You should limit the maps to your specific state and make sure that works OK. If OK, then you can add the rest. Also, know that you can use TA POIs with the Navteq maps but not TA maps with Navteq maps. Maps are .fbl.
If I remember correctly, the maps are approximately 1 GB. So with the program, a 2 GB SD [non SDHC] card is OK unless you want another program on the card.

Unlock http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?3423-Simple-Unlock-for-c230-and-possibly-other-320x240-devices Depositfiles or Rapidshare. Back-up your internal device drive first!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jammin81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:21 am

Thanks again. I just order a non SDHC card and it's 4 GB. I'm assuming all the states will fit on a 2 GB card? Anyway I'm off to try and unlock this sucker! ;O)
jammin81 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:28 am

Navteq maps http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?8127-US-CANADA.NAVTEQ.2011.Q2.FULL.maps-Pois-FDA-HNR-3DL%28buildings%29 Unfortunately, you have to wait between downloads for parts. Sorry about that.

a 2GB card is OK but 4 is better. What class is it? Class 4 works pretty well. I use it. If you give me your home state, I'll upload that state for you.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jammin81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:58 am

The Sony 2 GB card is class 4 but it's also SDHC So not sure it will work. I ordered a pro elite 4 GB card off ebay that was just SD. The Trasend ones were out of stock so I settled for that. Not sure what class it is and do not want to speculate! I just hope it works after all......

My home state is New York btw
jammin81 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 am

Don't worry. It should be fine. Just not sure a SDHC will work for your device. You might as well start downloading the maps now. They go to your computer right now anyway.

Hi fellow NYer. GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jammin81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:43 am

Originally from UK and living in Brooklyn!! Insane fumble at the end of the 49'ers game. He is probably the most hated player on the planet right now!! Sooo lucky for the Giants!! ;o)
Many thanks and off to sleep. Will update post tom after I d/l everything and start that unlock procedure (which im dreading)
jammin81 offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Unlocking is easy - do not dread it. Just follow the simple instructions in the download - .txt files. Remember the .txt files are in more than one place.

EDIT: BTW, 49ers Williams [I think that's his name] received death threats later that night. Ridiculous. It's only a game.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby jammin81 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Finishing work in the next few hours and will start the process. Looking forwards to it and can't wait to get cracking!

It doesn't surprise me about the threats..... If Manning had of killed the game like that. Im positive even your tone would be different!

It still pains me when our goalie "fumbled" the ball against the US in the world cup....
Or the referee who took our equalizing goal against Germany!

UPDATE -

I added files "Script" (whole folder with 92 items)
I added file "autorun_ABC.exe
I added file "autorun_ABC.scp

All to the SD memory card that came with device. I then hard reset by holding down orange button on top right for 6-8 seconds.

I restarted the device by holding down orange button for 6-8 secs.

Black screen appeared as per usual w/ white writing on top left - R06.3.0165.0315

Orange Mio screen comes up as per usual

Grey/silver Mio screen after w/ Mio digi walker on top left. Then the two round buttons. 1 - Settings 2 - Mio Map

After screen comes up I pressed oranage button once. Screen goes black

I press orange button again and the same grey/silver Mio screen comes up. NOTHING starts and NOTHING happens. I repeated steps and tried taking all 92 items out of script and putting them directly on SD card - same.

I entered mio maps version 3.2 - Same.

Any ideas? Im lost and haven't even got to the stage with adding door or whatever/ however you do that!
jammin81 offline

Return to Mio Device Unlock