Igo Primo - Map Changer   

Igo Primo - Map Changer

Postby KOsmix » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:37 pm

I have a Mio Spirit 480 device (Win CE 6, unlocked with Visual) and I want to use the map changer utility. I have the GJ skin but I get an error like this: could not rename map_ot to map...The original Primo content folder structure was like this: map folder with TopMap maps, POI folder with POIs etc. I've created the following 3 additional folders: map_ta, map_nt, map_ot (did the the same for poi), added one map in each folder and set the flags for map and poi to 1 in map changer.ini.
Any idea why I'm getting this error? It's because I have the wrong folder structure? Maybe I should have only 3 folders map_ta, map_nt, map_ot and delete the original map folder?
KOsmix offline

Postby nabi » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 pm

I think the original map folder should be deleted. And do you have these lines in sys.txt?
[switchmap]
changer="\Storage Card\iGO8\Extension\MapChanger\MapChanger.exe"
1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\iGO8,\Storage Card\iGO8,"
2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\iGO8,\Storage Card\iGO8,"
3=",map_ot,\Storage Card\iGO8,\Storage Card\iGO8,"
4=",map_us,\Storage Card\iGO8,\Storage Card\iGO8,"

And you only need 1 POI folder.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm

KOsmix wrote:[color="darkgreen"]It's because I have the wrong folder structure? [/color]Maybe I should have only 3 folders map_ta, map_nt, map_ot and delete the original map folder?

[color="darkgreen"]Probably. It depends on the version of the Map Changer utility--is there a readme.txt that came with it?[/color]
With mine, there should only be a total of three folders: Current map in "Map" (which happens to be Navteq), then "Map_ot", and "Map_ta". When I change to Teleatlas, for example, the "Map" is renamed to "Map_nt" (first), then the "Map_ta" is renamed to "Map", and iGO/Primo is restarted.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Does the device have a SD card slot, and is iGO installed on it? Because if not then you will need to edit the paths to My Flash Disk from Storage Card
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby KOsmix » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:49 pm

I have iGO Primo on the SD card. The version is iGO Primo 1.2 V9.2.0.191493 (11 May 2011) with the Map Changer from this site. The sys.txt file contains the path to the mapchanger. Has anyone used these iGO Primo version and can tell me what should be the actual folder structure of the map folders?
Thanks.
KOsmix offline

Return to Mio Device Unlock