Help! Mio Moov M400   

Help! Mio Moov M400

Postby demunoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:53 am

I have a Mio Moov M400 and I downloaded a program that created a home screen that reflects 4 different nav programs.

It has Mio, iGO, TomTom and iGO Amigo.
There is a screenshot of the menu I get here:
When I go into each of these programs I can access 2009 map on mio but the other 3 programs are showing maps for Croatia.

I am in US and my goal was to update the maps to have current maps.
I have no idea what I am doing and want to update the maps to have current ones.
Any idea on how to do this?

I was able to download maps for TomTom but no idea on how to install them.
I also noticed that the US map for TomTom is 782mb but the device currently is showing only approx 500mbs free.

I was able to locate additional maps for iGO as well but I do not know what to do at this point.

Can someone please help I am planning a trip next week to Texas and I really need updated maps!

I was also wondering if there was any way to remove any of the programs and just keep one or two instead of all four.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks in advance!!
demunoid offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:21 am

Links to other GPS forums don't work here, so I'm unable to see what the home screen looks like.

To update iGO the minimum you do is put the .fbl file from the required map into the content\map folder, I'd recommend using iGO Primo 2 in this device (I have one myself)
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 am

:p
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:18 pm

demunoid wrote:I have a Mio Moov M400 and I downloaded a program that created a home screen that reflects 4 different nav programs.

It has Mio, iGO, TomTom and iGO Amigo.
There is a screenshot of the menu I get here:
When I go into each of these programs I can access 2009 map on mio but the other 3 programs are showing maps for Croatia.

I am in US and my goal was to update the maps to have current maps.
I have no idea what I am doing and want to update the maps to have current ones.
Any idea on how to do this?

I was able to download maps for TomTom but no idea on how to install them.
I also noticed that the US map for TomTom is 782mb but the device currently is showing only approx 500mbs free.

I was able to locate additional maps for iGO as well but I do not know what to do at this point.

Can someone please help I am planning a trip next week to Texas and I really need updated maps!

I was also wondering if there was any way to remove any of the programs and just keep one or two instead of all four.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks in advance!!

Forget about TomTom for WinCE. It's not recommended.

Sorry, but I kinda have to disagree here a little. In NA, iGO8 is the preferred nav program. For some reason, Primo doesn't navigate that well here. This is my experience and has been by many others. I received many PMs to that fact. Here is the Texas content. FBL [map] goes into content\map and POI goes into content\poi. Use "Winrar."

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

BTW, are you happy with your iGO8 program? You should take a look at my offering. Thousands are now using it. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011

EDIT: Do not delete MioMap! Delete anything TomTom or Croatia. Keep iGO8 and Amigo. Let me know if you also want Virginia.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby demunoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:06 pm

chas521 wrote:Forget about TomTom for WinCE. It's not recommended.

Sorry, but I kinda have to disagree here a little. In NA, iGO8 is the preferred nav program. For some reason, Primo doesn't navigate that well here. This is my experience and has been by many others. I received many PMs to that fact. Here is the Texas content. FBL [map] goes into content\map and POI goes into content\poi. Use "Winrar."

***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

BTW, are you happy with your iGO8 program? You should take a look at my offering. Thousands are now using it. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011

EDIT: Do not delete MioMap! Delete anything TomTom or Croatia. Keep iGO8 and Amigo. Let me know if you also want Virginia.

I will be travelling from Virginia to Texas so I think I need everything down thru there. I am not home but I will try this when I get home!
demunoid offline

Postby demunoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:23 pm

chas521 wrote:BTW, are you happy with your iGO8 program? You should take a look at my offering. Thousands are now using it. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011

Is this the correct file to download?
Name: funforall.rar
Size: 129.39 MB

I downloaded from that site and clicked a download button that popped up after a few seconds and pulled a virus file.
Just want to be sure. Thanks!
demunoid offline

Postby demunoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:53 pm

I downloaded the iGO8 file (stripped down version) and simply dragged and dropped it to replace the existing iGO8 files and now I am getting an [Error: Program application database cannot be found] message after I click the iGO icon from the menu.

Is there a way to just leave the mio stuff that was there originally and just add iGO8?
Is there some sort of auto installer? I am frustrated and lost..

Also I think I will be going through VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, MI, LA and TX.
Do I need a map for each of these or just 1 USA map?
demunoid offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Are you able to restore the device to it's factory condition?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby demunoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:04 pm

yes, I have the backup of all original files.
I have had to go back to these quite a few times lol!
demunoid offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Then everything is easy, restore your device and go here...

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8169-Run-iGO-Primo-2.0-on-Mio-Moov-and-Navman-S-series-(and-some-F-series)-in-ten-steps.

Please note there is a version of iGO Primo 2 and a version of iGO 8 available in this thread, both are already optimized for mio devices, just add maps and away you go...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby demunoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Would you happen to know of a thread that has the maps I would need to work with the programs?
demunoid offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm sure chas can sort you out with the usa maps, but for setting up use a map of your current location to be sure it's working as intended, then add or replace the maps with what you will need.

You can use maps that are marked as, iGO 8.3, R3, Amigo or Primo, the map itself ends in .FBL
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:40 pm

demunoid wrote:I downloaded the iGO8 file (stripped down version) and simply dragged and dropped it to replace the existing iGO8 files and now I am getting an [Error: Program application database cannot be found] message after I click the iGO icon from the menu.

Is there a way to just leave the mio stuff that was there originally and just add iGO8?
Is there some sort of auto installer? I am frustrated and lost..

Also I think I will be going through VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, MI, LA and TX.
Do I need a map for each of these or just 1 USA map?

First of all, you didn't need the stripped-down version. Your device can handle the full version. Application database not found is probably the easiest error message to fix. It simply means that your device cannot find the .exe path to start the program. You must make sure that the unlock path you used is named [color="#FF0000"]exactly[/color] the same name of the .exe in the program. DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE MIO FILES!!! This download should be on your SD card.

Here are the additional maps you asked for [you already have Texas]: FYI, MI is Michigan. MS is Mississippi.

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Press reload or refresh after pressing thanks.

EDIT: I see that your device has no SD card slot. You still should be able to have enough room on the internal drive. Make sure that you have completely backed up your internal drive first before doing any editing.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:24 pm

@FBF

Believe me, he WANTS iGO8 not Primo for NA. Please take over this thread. I uploaded the maps he needs. Thanks. :thumbup:

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby demunoid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 pm

iGO8 is where I went and that tut helped a TON! I was also able to add shortcuts to the blue screen for iGO8 as well and I added all the maps I needed!
What is the difference between the full version and the stripped down one?

Since I have the stripped down one will it be easy to add the full or should I just leave it as is since I have it working now?
I appreciate all your help and responses and the wife will be happy to have updated apps on the long trip!! :p
demunoid offline

Next

Return to Mio Device Unlock