C520 unlock Windows CE   

C520 unlock Windows CE

Postby cobaltmirror » Wed May 17, 2023 5:41 pm

Hi, is there a way to make the MIO C520 boot up in a clean Windows CE environment without the use of extra unlock software s which include extra programs and all that, i know it has a Windows CE partition, should be a way to make it boot up directly to Windows CE?

Thanks
cobaltmirror offline

Re: C520 unlock Windows CE

Postby oleg69 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:13 pm

Make a soft reset. As soon as the download starts, press the OF / ON + VOL buttons at the same time and hold them until the win ce desktop loads.
oleg69 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed May 17, 2023 9:46 pm

cobaltmirror wrote:Hi, is there a way to make the MIO C520 boot up in a clean Windows CE environment without the use of extra unlock software s which include extra programs and all that, i know it has a Windows CE partition, should be a way to make it boot up directly to Windows CE?

Thanks

It's been awhile for me, but exactly what are you trying to accomplish? I may have what you want.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby cobaltmirror » Thu May 18, 2023 4:20 am

Just thought i could use it as a pure "old school" music player in my car, ive always been a fan of Winamp, and saw that there is a beta for the Windows CE.

I have tried a couple of miopocket unlocks and managed to get into win ce, but i have to take extra steps to use the start button etc every time i boot it up.

I currently have miopocket 1.2 installed
cobaltmirror offline

Postby chas521 » Thu May 18, 2023 3:06 pm

Miopocket is a large bloated unlock. This is better!

Mio 3.3 unlock modified for use w/ Primo
Delete everything from your internal disk on the C device. Do the download of the unlock and just copy all the files/folders in the download [just as they are] to the internal disk. Copy the program to your SD card. Add contents [maps and such].

To use the unlock, press the Miomap button when the device starts and it will switch to the unlock.

I've been told that this unlock works with MOOV and Spirits. BUT I've never tried it [I have a MIO C320] so proceed at your own risk. Please post your results.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

EDIT: If having trouble just re-name main folder and .exe to Primo2. Just know, this unlock is for Navigation only!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby cobaltmirror » Thu May 18, 2023 3:39 pm

Ok thanks, will try that!

In case of failure, could i just make a backup of the current files to computer and then copy them back?
cobaltmirror offline

Postby chas521 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:49 pm

cobaltmirror wrote:Ok thanks, will try that!

In case of failure, could i just make a backup of the current files to computer and then copy them back?

Shouldn't be a problem either way. Thousands have tried my program and it was just fine. Let me know how you make out. Remember though, it's just for the navigation portion. Upload will not last long so download it now.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby cobaltmirror » Sat May 20, 2023 3:59 pm

Thanks for taking your time, really appreciated, but im loking for something that can boot windows ce only, i read somewhere about creating a shell.ini file, have tried but no success. I guess windows is a hidden partition.
cobaltmirror offline

Postby chas521 » Sat May 20, 2023 11:06 pm

cobaltmirror wrote:Thanks for taking your time, really appreciated, but im loking for something that can boot windows ce only, i read somewhere about creating a shell.ini file, have tried but no success. I guess windows is a hidden partition.

No problem. Just trying to help. Not involved as a moderator anymore. Good luck.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Mio Device Unlock