C320 Unlock Issue - Using chas521 3.3   

C320 Unlock Issue - Using chas521 3.3

Postby IronDragoon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Howdy, first post, probably seen 100 times. Checked the other C320 threads, didn't see anything about the particular issue I'm having.

I downloaded chas521's 3.3 internal flash drive file (http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?4889-Mio-unlock-modified-for-Primo-1.2). Followed the directions. Made backups.

Got the MioMap folder and the Launchpad folder copied. When I went to copy the Apps folder, ran into an issue with the C320 being 26.2 MB short on memory.

Deleted everything, copied over the back up. Current files/folder on the C320:
/MioMap
/My Audio
/PIM
AudioPlayer.DAT
Settings.DAT

I tried deleting everything except the MioMap folder, which is 936 MB on its own, but still short on space. Device properties show the device has 948 MB of internal space.

Not sure if a past update or something ballooned the MioMap folder (I have no idea what the default file size is).

Ideas? Directions? Throw nerf balls at me for missing something obvious?

I restored the device from my backup and await glorious wisdom and prudent direction.
IronDragoon offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:20 pm

There is absolutely no way that my unlock will not fit on an empty C320 internal disk drive. I'm happy to hear that you had the wisdom to back everything up first! Couple of questions first. What nav program are you using? Where did you put the program? It should go on a SD card not the internal. Contents of the program should also go on a SD card and not the internal.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby IronDragoon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks for your help and response to this thread, first.

Second, I actually got it working by backtracking through a few other threads; I wound up having to use the unlock from xtyler92. I was having the same issue the UAE guy was, where it was rebooting when I tried to open iGO8. Though I think I may have figured out how to get yours to work. I'll be trying it today sometime.

Not sure what the space issue was, I restored and hard booted it twice and the space issue went away.

I do have two other questions, though.. How the hell do I reset the icon? Your civic is cool and all, but I'm used to my arrows. And the maps you have up are the most recent North America maps, correct? Do you have links to the rest of the world maps?
IronDragoon offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:29 pm

First of all, xtyler92 and me created that unlock. I use it so I know it works. BTW, what program are you using? The car icon is easy to change. If you want to go back to an arrow just do this. In the GFX folder are 5 files [I think it was]. 4 mdl car files and the blue-civic tex file. Just delete them, completely shut down your device, wait a few seconds and re-start. Latest maps are here. Don't overdo your contents though.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby IronDragoon » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Not saying it doesn't work. Just said it didn't work for me. I had to use the SDFreeUnlockwithbuttonsForJustMioMapandIgo8.rar unlock on mine.

I'm using the iGO8 program, if that's what you're wanting to know. I don't see a reason to use any of the others unless they happen to be better at one thing (like better at marine navigation or better at foot navigation). If they are, I'd like to know and I'll try again to use your unlock.

Thanks for the hook up on the directions for the icon and the maps, too. I appreciate it. =)
IronDragoon offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:13 pm

That unlock is fine. You did good by choosing to use iGO8 in the US. Enjoy your device. Any more questions, just ask.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby IronDragoon » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 am

IronDragoon offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:20 am

IronDragoon wrote:Where are the maps? Is this the correct link?: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?13733-US-CANADA-NAVTEQ-2013.Q1-Direct-Download

Yes it is. Because you want Navteq maps not TT [formerly TA].

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Mio Device Unlock