Still confused for my first time with SD card (TT One XL)   

Still confused for my first time with SD card (TT One XL)

Postby sodapop » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi,
I successfully downloaded maps 900.4600 for my TT One XL (8.010), as automatic installer...
But I'm really struggling with the whole process.
I tried my best (probably not enough) to follow the tutorials, but to no avail...

What I've done:
1- I left the files of the TT internal memory intact, at first.
2- I put my blank SD card (2Gb) in the card reader of my PC
3- I ran the installer, wich installed the map folder (Western_Europe_900_4600) on the SD.
4- I copied FastActivate and "ttgo.bif" inside the map folder of the SD...
5- ...and 'ttsystem" at the root of the SD.
6- I ran FastActivate (the first 3 steps: update meta.txt, patch maps..., patch navcore) on the SD.
7- I deleted the old map folder (Western_Europe) on my TT...

8- Then I put my SD in the TT, and switch it on... and it's stuck on the TOMTOM logo... I have to reset it in order to switch it off.
9- Do I need to patch something from the internal memory, or remove other files from it ?

I must have missed something...

Really sorry for the inconvenience...
Thank you very much !
sodapop offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:06 am

sodapop wrote:What I've done:
1- I left the files of the TT internal memory intact, at first.
2- I put my blank SD card (2Gb) in the card reader of my PC
3- I ran the installer, which installed the map folder (Western_Europe_900_4600) on the SD.
4- I copied FastActivate and "ttgo.bif" inside the map folder of the SD,
5- and 'ttsystem" at the root of the SD.
6- I ran FastActivate (the first 3 steps: update meta.txt, patch maps..., patch navcore) on the SD.
7- I deleted the old map folder (Western_Europe) on my TT
8- Then I put my SD in the TT, and switch it on... and it's stuck on the TOMTOM logo
9- Do I need to patch something from the internal memory, or remove other files from it ?

1. OK.
2. OK.
3. Do you have a special need for an outdated 900 map, rather than a current edition 915 map.
4. OK.
5. Not necessary since you must have a navcore on the SD card.
6. Selecting FastActivate Latest Update option 1 update meta.txt is not necessary, since FastActivate Latest Update is up to date & 900 is 3 Editions out of date.
7. Not necessary.
8. Confirm you have a patched navcore on the SD card!!
9. You don't need to do anything with the internal memory, since you must have a complete setup on the SD card. You unit either runs from a full setup on the internal or a full setup on the SD card, but not both.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 am

If the Navcore on the SD is not identical to the one on the internal meory overwriting/adding a different ttsystem can cause problems ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:50 am

Downunder35m wrote:If the Navcore on the SD is not identical to the one on the internal meory overwriting/adding a different ttsystem can cause problems ;)

Post 2, point 5 should take care of this potential issue.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sodapop » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:45 am

tendriver wrote:1. OK.
2. OK.
3. Do you have a special need for an outdated 900 map, rather than a current edition 915 map.
4. OK.
5. Not necessary since you must have a navcore on the SD card.
6. Selecting FastActivate Latest Update option 1 update meta.txt is not necessary, since FastActivate Latest Update is up to date & 900 is 3 Editions out of date.
7. Not necessary.
8. Confirm you have a patched navcore on the SD card!!
9. You don't need to do anything with the internal memory, since you must have a complete setup on the SD card. You unit either runs from a full setup on the internal or a full setup on the SD card, but not both.

So, if I'm right:
Steps 1 and 2 are OK
Step 3: you're right I'd better use the latest maps (but shouldn't be an issue though ?)
Step 4 is OK
Step 5: You say I have a navcore on the SD ? originally not... you meant "on the TT", maybe ? navcore is "ttsystem" right ? (wich is only on the TT at first, and I copied it on the SD...). So I should NOT copy it from the TT to the SD, right ?
Step 6: I will not update meta... but other patching steps are required ? on the SD or the TT ?
Step 7: I will leave the old maps directory on the TT then...
Step 8: So I won't copy "ttsystem" on the SD (that mean I'll have to patch the one on the TT, I suppose)
Step 9: A full setup on my SD ? the only files on my SD are the ones installed by "Navitotal Installer": a "Western_Europe_900_4600" directory, and a copy of "ttgo.bif" inside it. Wrong ?

Once again, thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated !!!
And sorry for my awful English...

Best regards,
Jérôme
sodapop offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 pm

sodapop wrote:So, if I'm right:
Steps 1 and 2 are OK
Step 3: you're right I'd better use the latest maps (but shouldn't be an issue though ?)
Step 4 is OK
Step 5: You say I have a navcore on the SD ? originally not... you meant "on the TT", maybe ? navcore is "ttsystem" right ? (wich is only on the TT at first, and I copied it on the SD...). So I should NOT copy it from the TT to the SD, right ?
Step 6: I will not update meta... but other patching steps are required ? on the SD or the TT ?
Step 7: I will leave the old maps directory on the TT then...
Step 8: So I won't copy "ttsystem" on the SD (that mean I'll have to patch the one on the TT, I suppose)
Step 9: A full setup on my SD ? the only files on my SD are the ones installed by "Navitotal Installer": a "Western_Europe_900_4600" directory, and a copy of "ttgo.bif" inside it. Wrong ?

Steps 1 & 2. Yes.
Step 3. Agreed.
Step 4. Yes.
Step 5. A ONE XL can not use the internal memory & a SD card at the same time. If you wish to use the internal, it must have a complete navcore & map setup on it. If you wish to use a SD card, it must have a complete navcore & map setup on it. You can't run a map on a SD card using the navcore on the internal or vice versa. A ttsystem file is only 1 file of many files that are part of a navcore.
Step 6. Patching is required on any memory that has an unbought map on it. See steps 5 & 8.
Step 7. OK.
Step 8. No, it means that you must put a full navcore, a map & FastActivate.exe on the SD card & run options 2 & 3.
Step 9. Wrong. See steps 5 & 8.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sodapop » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Ok ! I got it now !!!
Thank you so much for the crystal clear explanations !

I put my TT in its original state (not patched), and I copied all of its files on the SD (except the old map directory).
I installed the 915.xxx maps on the SD, and patched maps / navcore on the SD.
I put the SD in my TT, and everything now works flawlessly...

The misleading thing was to beleive that I could keep only the maps dir on the SD, while the navcore would stay on the TT...

Many thanks for your help guys ! And thumbs up for this great website !!! :023:
sodapop offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:28 pm

sodapop wrote:The misleading thing was to beleive that I could keep only the maps dir on the SD, while the navcore would stay on the TT...
Many thanks for your help guys ! And thumbs up for this great website !!! :023:

Some of the TomTom units do have the internal & SD card share feature!

Thanx for the update & comment about Navitotal. Enjoy!!

:thread_solved:
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX