Safe to remove speech files?   

Safe to remove speech files?

Postby fafaforza » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:12 pm

I have a 2GB XXL, trying to fit the 1.75GB US&Canada, to replace the <1GB maps I have now (they might have better "resolution"). Will the device have a fit if it sees missing files?

On the subject of cutting space, what other files can be removed while retaining navigation abilities, both from maps and the device itself?
fafaforza offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:46 pm

fafaforza wrote:I have a 2GB XXL, trying to fit the 1.75GB US&Canada, to replace the <1GB maps I have now.

Why not use USA_Canada_915_5111 [1513MB], which doesn't have the cspeech files. Go to TT Home, Purchase maps, click USA & Canada "More info". You should see that 5111 is the current official version for your XXL.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby fafaforza » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:04 pm

The latest I got was 4892 and linksave.in seems to be pay only, and even if it were free, dealing with the delays with multiple files is a pain. I'll try squeezing what I have and report if there are any issues.
fafaforza offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:21 pm

It is sad to see that people that get the maps and all other content for free are still complaining about normal restictions from file hosters and link services :(
If that is all so bad and painful, simply buy the map in the official map shop and a few minutes later you are ready to go ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby fafaforza » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:48 pm

I'm not complaining. I just don't need absolute up to date maps, so I don't want to extend the time with the download site. I have a Garmin as my main unit. The TomTom I bought in the UK cause I found myself having to drive from Birmingham to London. So it will be my backup, for my motorcycle. On the bike, I prefer to get lost, the TomTom will just do logging and getting me between general destinations.

This site is a wealth of info. Had no idea what to do with the maps when I got them off TPB, so I fully appreciate that this exists.
fafaforza offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 am

If you want the simply way use Jdownloader for your downloads.
Most link crypters offer DLC or Crypload containers for it.
If not you can still simply copy the download link to the clipboard and JD takes over.
If you encounter downloads that need a captcha for each single file you can use services like Captcha Brotherhood to solve the captchas.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:10 am

fafaforza wrote:1. linksave.in seems to be pay only,
2. dealing with the delays with multiple files is a pain.

1. There is NOTHING, EVER uploaded by Navitotal, that you have to pay for!!!
2. You must not be familiar with downloading multiple files while you sleep, using & either CryptLoad or Jdownloader.Rats, you beat me again!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX