TT ONE v3 and NC 9.170 SE layout change   

TT ONE v3 and NC 9.170 SE layout change

Postby monstro900 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi guys,

I'm using navcore 9.170SE on a One v3 with 2GB SD card (2 button layout). The devive supports bluetooth and has a microphone built in.
When I use the Benelux map (940.5963) the menu shows no BT nor microphone settings. When I switch to the Europe west map (940.5963) which in on the same SD card, the layout changes to a 3 button view and the menu shows more incons for BT, microphone and media.
1. How is it possible that the layout and menu changes with the use of different maps while using the same navcore version ?
2. Can I keep the 2 button layout for both maps because my device isn't a wide screen and the 2 button is more user friendly?
3. If so, how do I make the change? I looked around in the menu and I can't find any settings to do so ?

regards
monstro900 offline

Re: TT ONE v3 and NC 9.170 SE layout change

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 pm

monstro900 wrote:Can I keep the 2 button layout for both maps because my device isn't a wide screen and the 2 button is more user friendly? 3. If so, how do I make the change?

Open Notepad. Type X11 Title the file model.txt & copy it to the root of your card.
Disconnect & re-boot.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby monstro900 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Thnx mate, works like a charm now ! :023:

One more question : is it possible to keep the extended menu (with bt settings etc...) but have at the same time the 2 button layout ?
With X11, menu is simplified ( no morre BT icon ) and why does the map have an effect on the layout and menu ? Both are using the same NC, right ?
So what makes 1 map extend the menu and reveal the BT, mic, media icons and the other doesn't ?

regards
monstro900 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 pm

monstro900 wrote:1. One more question : is it possible to keep the extended menu (with bt settings etc...) but have at the same time the 2 button layout ?
2. With X11, menu is simplified ( no morre BT icon ) and why does the map have an effect on the layout and menu ? Both are using the same NC, right ?
3. So what makes 1 map extend the menu and reveal the BT, mic, media icons and the other doesn't ?

1. You can try changing the model.txt file from X11 to any of these: X5, X6, X10, X15, X17, X19, or X21.
2. I am not aware of any reason that changing maps should/could/would cause the layout and menu to change, unless somehow somewhere there is a second NC coming into play. With the Benelux map two button setup, click the lower right corner of the right blue button, then click the version button. Note the navcore version. With the Europe map three button setup, GO Main Menu, Status & information, then Version information. Note the navcore version.
3. Same as point 2.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX