TT One V6 3rd Edition running out of space [SOLVED]   

TT One V6 3rd Edition running out of space [SOLVED]

Postby tonercloud » Fri May 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Hello,

I have a Tomtom One which was previously running v8.010 with maps v905.4800. That ran well but I wanted to update it. So I grabbed a copy of UNCI.exe and ran that having moved everything off the TT. I then tried to copy over maps 950.6492 (for the UK) but it fails with insufficient space having failed to copy over cline.dat.

What can I delete to give me back enough space to complete the map copy procedure? Or is this machine too old now and I will have to content myself with an older map which is smaller?
tonercloud offline

Re: TT One V6 3rd Edition running out of space

Postby tendriver » Fri May 29, 2015 3:17 pm

tonercloud wrote:What can I delete to give me back enough space to complete the map copy procedure?

Take a screenshot of the root contents, uploaded it & PM me the link.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Re: TT One V6 3rd Edition running out of space [SOLVED]

Postby tonercloud » Sat May 30, 2015 11:18 am

Solved !

I run Linux as an OS and only run Windows as a virtual machine so I have to do things slightly differently to most people.

I couldn't work out where all the space had gone on the device so deleted everything using linux. I then attached it to a Windows XP virtual machine and formatted the device. I then ran TT Home which stuffed a few files on it. I copied over a v9.5 filecore to it along with FastActivate and the UK v950.6492 maps. I then ran FastActivate which ran to completion but the device wouldn't see the maps. I also noticed that the ttgo.bif file said that the application version was 8.010 but that was despite having run FastActivate so plainly something didn't work as intended.

So next time, I ran UNCI.exe under a Windows 7 virtual machine and tried again, but this time I kept a close watch on the space. I disconnected it and tried powering on the device. It started up and then promptly rolled over. I began to think that it wasn't going to end well but when it came up, it had a white background which suggested that the UNCI process had worked. It wouldn't accept the 'I Agree' button though and rolled over again. Hmm. This getting annoying!

But on the third attempt, it found the GPS and allowed me to plan a route. I've just added some more voices using linux to copy them over and it allows me to choose one of the voice I've just copied. But it won't play them under 'Test'. I will need to investigate that one. But the main thing is that it works!
tonercloud offline

Re: TT One V6 3rd Edition running out of space [SOLVED]]

Postby tendriver » Sat May 30, 2015 11:42 am

Thanx for the update.

:thread_solved:
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX