Morocco 910_4895 RAR Problem   

Morocco 910_4895 RAR & Installer Problem

Postby Traveller63 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:45 am

Hello,

Just downloaded the Morocco 910.4895rar file and I am being asked for a Password when trying to extract the files.

I have tried 'navitotal' but that failed.

Can you please provide the Password for this file?

Thanks

Just downloaded the file that includes the Navitotal 'Installer' and having run the process I also found that 'failed' as the map is not recognised as there appears to be a 'problem' with the '.dct' file.
Traveller63 offline

Postby tijlovnl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 pm

There's no meta-code available for this Morocco map, so your download would be useless anyway. You never get this map working on any TT without this metacode, as clearly is explained on this website.
tijlovnl offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Traveller63 wrote:1. Just downloaded the Morocco 910.4895rar file and I am being asked for a Password when trying to extract the files.
2. Just downloaded the file that includes the Navitotal 'Installer' and having run the process I also found that 'failed' as the map is not recognised as there appears to be a 'problem' with the '.dct' file

1. FYI, You must enter a password to download Navitotal maps, but no password is needed to unzip Navitotal maps.
2. tijlovnl is correct.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Traveller63 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:11 pm

tendriver wrote:1. FYI, You must enter a password to download Navitotal maps, but no password is needed to unzip Navitotal maps.
2. tijlovnl is correct.

If tijlovnl is correct then when am I seeing the following in the post of "910 Map collections only" where the Meta Code is clearly displayed under the red and blue text or has someone screwed up?

Morocco
Morocco_910_4895 [10MB] OR
Morocco_910_4895 with Automatic Installer & Patcher
; Morocco_910_4895
CE 4B C5 99 CA 1E C4 53 D2 27 66 98 0A 3E DC D8 Morocco-784.meta
Traveller63 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Traveller63 wrote:If tijlovnl is correct then when am I seeing the following in the post of "910 Map collections only" where the Meta Code is clearly displayed under the red and blue text or has someone screwed up?

My apologies!! I screwed up. The Morocco_910_4895 meta code had been posted in the 910 Map Collections only! thread but not the All Maps 910.XXXX thread, which is where I looked. I have corrected this oversight. Thanx for the "heads up".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tijlovnl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:10 pm

My apologies too! I also only looked for the Morocco_910_4895 meta code in the 910 all maps directory and there it is missing.
I could not find it either in the FastActivate integrated metacodes list, that came with the most recent FA updates (23.08 and 25.08), which made me even more curious.

So I just tried now to download the Morocco 910_4895 mapfile via the link in 910 Maps Collections Only and only got there a 'FileFactory downloader', that surprised me with a lot of malware, so I stopped trying further on.

Good luck to you! Would be nice to hear if you succeeded, after all.

PS: Meta code for this Morocco map is also - and surprisingly - missing in the 910 Meta's thread on Navitotal.com....
tijlovnl offline

Postby Traveller63 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:39 pm

tendriver wrote:My apologies!! I screwed up. The Morocco_910_4895 meta code had been posted in the 910 Map Collections only! thread but not the All Maps 910.XXXX thread, which is where I looked. I have corrected this oversight. Thanx for the "heads up".

While it was good to see that I didn't need to make an appointment at 'Specsavers' again!
The meta.txt is still being shown in the section 910 Map Collections only! that has been posted by 'Popeye' about halfway down the scroll.

Maybe he had a bad can of Spinach or a bad hair day with Bluto just before he put the post in? :o

I didn't find it it your post.
Traveller63 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Traveller63 wrote:While it was good to see that I didn't need to make an appointment at 'Specsavers' again!
1. The meta.txt is still being shown in the section 910 Map Collections only! that has been posted by 'Popeye' about halfway down the scroll.

Maybe he had a bad can of Spinach or a bad hair day with Bluto just before he put the post in?

2. I didn't find it it your post.

1. Why wouldn't it be?
2. Didn't find what in who's post?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Traveller63 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:23 pm

tijlovnl wrote:So I just tried now to download the Morocco 910_4895 mapfile via the link in 910 Maps Collections Only and only got there a 'FileFactory downloader', that surprised me with a lot of malware, so I stopped trying further on.

Good luck to you! Would be nice to hear if you succeeded, after all.

PS: Meta code for this Morocco map is also - and surprisingly - missing in the 910 Meta's thread on Navitotal.com....

I to was extremely surprised with the amount of Malware identified in the 'FileFactory Downloader' during the attempted installation process associated with the software.

My Laptop thought it was the start of some sort of Cyber War with the frequently flashing screen, while my Anti Malware and Anti Virus Software was doing double time to block it and kill it!

After it was finished I had 40 'Occurrences' of attempts to install Malware reported while it took me another 2 HOURS to get my machine back to safety, doing full Scans of the H/drives and Registry.

So sorry guys I will definitely not be going down the route of using the 'FileFactory Downloader' option again.
Traveller63 offline

Postby tijlovnl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:58 pm

The downloader you and I encountered is not the real FileFactory download manager. As far as I could find out, it is a faked one, brought to us by an installer by SummerSoft.

FF has it own 'FileFactory Turbo download manager', which is only available for its premium members, and -as far as I could find out- unfortunately does not work with the LinkSave system that NT is using. It brings no Malware itself.

So don't blame FF for the Malware you got at your machine.
tijlovnl offline

Postby Traveller63 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:49 am

tendriver wrote:1. Why wouldn't it be?

Well if it is incorrect then it should not be there but having now checked it has gone!

05-09-2013, 01:13 AM Report This Post? #3
Popeye
Popeye is offline Mega Uplo@der

Thanks
Thanked 3,389 Times in 231 Posts

************************************************** ************************************************
Download Instructions:

Scroll toward the bottom of the LinkSave.in page, that opens, until you see "The visitorpassword that you have entered is wrong" notice.
Below this notice, is a gray box titled Visitorpassword. Type navitotal in the gray box & click enter. The download link/links will be at the bottom
of the page that opens. Use the single downward pointing arrow under the word "Download" to download the map. DO NOT CHOOSE “ALL PARTS”

Extract using WinRar 3.9X.
Place in folder, extract last part, all will extract.
Do not use 7Zip or you will get CRC error.

2. Didn't find what in who's post?
See above.
Traveller63 offline

Postby Traveller63 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:51 am

tijlovnl wrote:The downloader you and I encountered is not the real FileFactory download manager. As far as I could find out, it is a faked one, brought to us by an installer by SummerSoft.

FF has it own 'FileFactory Turbo download manager', which is only available for its premium members, and -as far as I could find out- unfortunately does not work with the LinkSave system that NT is using. It brings no Malware itself.

So don't blame FF for the Malware you got at your machine.

Sorry tijlovni,

If it is on the FF Site then FF are responsible for all the rubbish that goes or comes with it.
It is then their responsibility to clean up their website and remove the offending intrusion.
Traveller63 offline

Return to > Maps v9XX