Map USA/Canada 930_5563 to big for TomTom XL?   

Map USA/Canada 930_5563 to big for TomTom XL?

Postby mirko88 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm a newby to this forum so perhaps I'm asking for the 'open door'.....

I have TomTom XL IQ Routes with 2GB internal memory.
It came with the maps for Europe.

As I'm travelling to the USA and Canada, I wanted to change the maps accordingly and downloaded USA/Canada 930_5563 through this forum. It's compatible with my navcore.

This map is 1,83GB. I can't install it as I'm 108MB short on my device. Already deleted most voices.
Is there anything I can do to make this USA/Canada map fit to my device? Anything I can delete etc.?
Or should I use another map? In all honesty I only need west USA and west Canada. I know for the Europe map you can select regions. Anything similar for this USA/Canada map?

Any advice is highly appreciated.
Thanks!
mirko88 offline

Re: Map USA/Canada 930_5563 to big for TomTom XL?

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:53 pm

mirko88 wrote:I have TomTom XL IQ Routes with 2GB internal memory. It came with the maps for Europe. As I'm travelling to the USA and Canada, I wanted to change the maps accordingly and downloaded USA/Canada 930_5563 through this forum. This map is 1,83GB. I can't install it as I'm 108MB short on my device. Already deleted most voices. Is there anything I can do to make this USA/Canada map fit to my device? Anything I can delete etc.?

Your XL IQ Routes does not have a mike, so you can remove the cspeech files, which take up around 250 mb of memory.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX