How to install automatic installer & patcher?   

How to install automatic installer & patcher?

Postby darkebie » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:00 pm

I followed the instructions but doesn't seem to work;

Automatic Installer & Patcher Instructions:
Maps with “Automatic Installer & Patcher” are a Navitotal Exclusive Product.
Before you begin back up your SD card. The only file you need on your SD card is a copy of your device's ttgo.bif and ttsystem file.
You just need to download and run the file on your computer.
1. With your TomTom device plugged in or your sd card in your sd reader and an active internet connection
2. Click on the .exe file [Choose TomTom path or sd path] and click on the [Install] button.
3. Wait until the install process finishes and your new map will be installed and patched.

So I connected my TT XL Live, wiped the contents (maps, program etc) except ttgo.big and ttsystem. Then I let the automatic installer & patcher run for quite a while until it was finished and I end up with;
E:\Central_Europe_905_4754\[contents]
E:\ttgo.bif
E:\ttsystem
E:\ttsystem.old

When I start the device it hangs at the "TomTom" startup screen. So what am I doing wrong?
darkebie offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

darkebie wrote:I followed the instructions but doesn't seem to work;

Automatic Installer & Patcher Instructions:
Maps with “Automatic Installer & Patcher” are a Navitotal Exclusive Product.
[size=100]Before you begin back up your SD card. The only file you need on your SD card is a copy of your device's ttgo.bif and ttsystem file.[/size]
You just need to download and run the file on your computer.
1. With your TomTom device plugged in or your sd card in your sd reader and an active internet connection
2. Click on the .exe file [Choose TomTom path or sd path] and click on the [Install] button.
3. Wait until the install process finishes and your new map will be installed and patched.

So I connected my TT XL Live, wiped the contents (maps, program etc) except ttgo.big and ttsystem. Then I let the automatic installer & patcher run for quite a while until it was finished and I end up with;
E:\Central_Europe_905_4754\[contents]
E:\ttgo.bif
E:\ttsystem
E:\ttsystem.old

When I start the device it hangs at the "TomTom" startup screen. So what am I doing wrong?

My apologies. The bold type instructions above are for a SD card only. You should not have deleted the navcore. I'll have the instructions edited, to prevent this from happening again.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ntc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi.

My tomtom GO630 didn't recognize the new map, installed into SD card... I have internal storage with system files and SD card with maps.

I've already patched navecore.

I've downloaded Western Europe 905.4799 maps with automatic installer & patch.

So, I need help.
ntc offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:19 pm

ntc wrote:Hi.

My tomtom GO630 didn't recognize the new map, installed into SD card... I have internal storage with system files and SD card with maps.

I've already patched navecore.

I've downloaded Western Europe 905.4799 maps with automatic installer & patch.

So, I need help.

You are not taking full advantage of your 630's abilities with a 4799 map. You would be better off using Europe 4754 instead. If you still wish to use 4799 put FastActivate 04.04.2013 & a copy of your device's ttgo.bif file in the 4799 folder. Run FA to patch the map. You will see a .meta.dct file in the folder, if the patch is successful.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ntc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks for your help & for your suggestion. it worked with 4799 and now I will change to 4754 (following your precious suggestion).

Thanks.:unknw_mini:
ntc offline

Postby giancalasso » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi all!

Sorry if I get back to this thread...
I have a XXL IQ Routes and just downloaded "Central_Europe_910_4892 with Automatic Installer & Patcher".
My Navcore is 9.510 and this is going to be my first map change since I bought the tomtom.
My (stupid!!) question is...
before I launch the exe ... what do I have to do?
Delete all files and leave...what?

Thanks a lot!

p.s. tried to search it but I didnt find...
giancalasso offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm

giancalasso wrote:Hi all!

Sorry if I get back to this thread...
I have a XXL IQ Routes and just downloaded "Central_Europe_910_4892 with Automatic Installer & Patcher".
My Navcore is 9.510 and this is going to be my first map change since I bought the tomtom.
My (stupid!!) question is...
before I launch the exe ... what do I have to do?
Delete all files and leave...what?

Thanks a lot!

p.s. tried to search it but I didnt find...

Make a backup of your current setup by copy & pasting it to your desktop.
If you have room on your unit, just run the exe. If you don't have room, remove the old map folder, before you run the exe. After you run the exe, a .meta.dct file in the map folder confirms that the map is correctly patched.
You can use 9.510 SE ttsystem.rar to patch the navcore, if needed.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kucheng21 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:26 pm

hi, which map version should i use for my tt xl 250 if I want Malaysia singapore map?

thanks
kucheng21 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:56 pm

kucheng21 wrote:hi, which map version should i use for my tt xl 250 if I want Malaysia singapore map?

thanks

Welcome to Navitotal. Maps are navcore specific, rather than device specific. The last usable map was the 885 Edition found in the Old Map Archive thread. It is compatible with all navcores.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby giancalasso » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm

tendriver wrote:Make a backup of your current setup by copy & pasting it to your desktop.
If you have room on your unit, just run the exe. If you don't have room, remove the old map folder, before you run the exe. After you run the exe, a .meta.dct file in the map folder confirms that the map is correctly patched.

thanks for your reply tendriver!

so I first install the exe (no space on the drive so I have to remove the old map)...if the .meta.dct file is in the folder everything is fine...otherwise I have I have to patch the navcore with your suggested file...right?

thanks again!!
giancalasso offline

Postby giancalasso » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:44 pm

tendriver wrote:Make a backup of your current setup by copy & pasting it to your desktop.

Thanks a lot for your help tendriver!
So...after the exe finished the installation...if the .meta.dct is in everything is fine and it works...if it is not in I patch with your suggested software...right?
thanks again!
giancalasso offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:22 pm

giancalasso wrote:Thanks a lot for your help tendriver!
So...after the exe finished the installation...
1. if the .meta.dct is in everything is fine and it works...
2. if it is not in I patch with your suggested software
...right?
thanks again!

1. This is all correct.
2. If it is not, patch the map with FastActivate. 9.510 SE ttsystem.rar is for patching the navcore only.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby giancalasso » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Tendriver sorry but I am in need of more help...

the Exe is ok! Now in my map folder the only meta I can see is Central_Europe-781.meta so I guess I need to patch the navcore...
I downloaded your suggested file...in the rar I see two txt and ttsystem....how do I go ahead??
Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering you with idiot questions!
giancalasso offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:34 pm

giancalasso wrote:Tendriver sorry but I am in need of more help...

the Exe is ok!
1. Now in my map folder the only meta I can see is Central_Europe-781.meta ...
2. so I guess I need to patch the navcore. I downloaded your suggested file...in the rar I see two txt and ttsystem....how do I go ahead??
Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering you with idiot questions!

1. Your map is not patched. Put FastActivate & a copy of your ttgo.bif file in the new map folder & run FA Option 2.
2. Yes, if you haven't already done so. The ttsystem file in 9.510 SE ttsystem.rar patches the navcore. The Please read first.txt explains what to do with the model.txt.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX