Help to install a new Map   

Help to install a new Map

Postby maaggim » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Hello

please could you help me, I have a TT GO 720 with Navcore 8.351 working with the original Europe map in the memory of the device and a newer Western Europe Map in the SD. I need to install and patch a USA map and I' trying to follow the procedure described in the Forum without success :-(
in detail I did the following:
- downloaded the MAP : United States 945.6243 (Automatic Installer & Patcher Instructions):
- copied the file ttgo.bif on a new and empty SDcard
- connected the TomTom device with new SD card to the PC with an active internet connection
- copied the USA map folder in the new SD togeter with the file Taase.exe and call.bat
but when I Click on the .exe file, the process start but it stop immediately without doing nothing ( no file .meta.dct is created)

what I'm doing wrong ?
thank in advance
maaggim offline

Re: Help to install a new Map

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:29 pm

maaggim wrote:1. I have a TT GO 720 with Navcore 8.351
2. downloaded the MAP : United States 945.6243 (Automatic Installer & Patcher Instructions):- copied the file ttgo.bif on a new and empty SDcard - connected the TomTom device with new SD card to the PC with an active internet connection- copied the USA map folder in the new SD togeter with the file Taase.exe and call.bat but when I Click on the .exe file, the process start but it stop immediately without doing nothing ( no file .meta.dct is created)

1. 9.510 is the current 720 navcore. Let TT Home install it for you.
2. 945.6243 is a no feature basic map. Current full feature usable map for your 720 is :
[Please Register or Login to download file] [1738MB] OR
[Please Register or Login to download file]
; United_States_2GB v940.5963
59 26 AF 3B A9 EE 8A 79 8A 8F 9F F9 CE 34 0E 9C United_States_2GB-100198.meta

You don't need the auto installer version. Download & unzip 940.5963. Copy it to your SD card. Put a copy of FastActivate.exe in the root of your 720. With the card in the device, run FA option 2 to patch the map & option 3 to patch the navcore. Disconnect & reboot. DONE!!
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby maaggim » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:10 pm

thank you very much !!!

I followed your procedure and it's work :023:
maaggim offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm

maaggim wrote:thank you very much !!!

You are very Welcome. Enjoy!!
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v9XX