"You can not use this map on this device USA_and_Canada-624"   

"You can not use this map on this device USA_and_Canada-624"

Postby firemandude » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:38 pm

I have a TT One XL running Navcore 9.205. I have not updated the map in a year, but last time I did I used the Backup version located in the zip file in my TT Home documents folder (this one is from a TT XL330S) and it worked succesfully using Fast Activate. For some reason , now it no longer works. Here is what I did.....

From the root I deleted all files in the map folder
I extracted all files from the ZIP in the backup folder of my pc to the map folder on the device.
I copied the USA_and_Canada-624Meta.dct file to the map directory on the device.
I ran FAST ACTIVATE
Disconnect USB cable from device and rebooted

note: I even tried deleting currentmapdata and currentlocationdata

Get "Problem with Map You cannot use this map on this device: USA_and_Canada-624"

Any ideas ?
firemandude offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:42 pm

firemandude wrote:1. I have a TT One XL running Navcore 9.205. I have not updated the map in a year, but last time I did I used the Backup version located in the zip file in my TT Home documents folder (this one is from a TT XL330S) and it worked succesfully using Fast Activate. For some reason , now it no longer works. Here is what I did.....

2. From the root I deleted all files in the map folder
3. I extracted all files from the ZIP in the backup folder of my pc to the map folder on the device.
4. I copied the USA_and_Canada-624Meta.dct file to the map directory on the device.
5. I ran FAST ACTIVATE
6. Disconnect USB cable from device and rebooted

7. note: I even tried deleting currentmapdata and currentlocationdata

8. Get "Problem with Map You cannot use this map on this device: USA_and_Canada-624" Any ideas ?

1. We don't use TT Home for Backups & updating to new maps.
2. The correct way is to remove the OLD MAP FOLDER, not just the contents of the old map folder.
3. The correct way is to copy the NEW MAP FOLDER into the device, not just the contents of the new map folder.
4. .meta.dct files are device specific. You can't copy it from one unit to another.
5. OK
6. OK
7. Big mistake!!
8. Yep. Your map is not patched.

What map are you trying to use?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby firemandude » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:01 pm

tendriver, my error. I was NOT using the backup folder. I was actually using the Download folder from the TT Home documents folder. It has worked in the past. The map version is 895.4444 USA and Canada. For some reason Fast Activate is not creating the Meta.MCT file in the map folder.
firemandude offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm

firemandude wrote:tendriver, my error. I was NOT using the backup folder.
1. I was actually using the Download folder from the TT Home documents folder. It has worked in the past.
2. The map version is 895.4444 USA and Canada. For some reason Fast Activate is not creating the Meta.MCT file in the map folder.

1. What exactly were you retrieving from the TT Home documents folder?
2. Please read the "Download Instructions" in post 1 of the All New Maps 895.XXXX thread, then scroll down to the USA & C links and read the notice.

Thanx
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby firemandude » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm

1. In the TOMTOM document folder c:\users\"username"\Documents\TomTom\Home\Download\Complete\Map\Usa_and_Canada\Usa_and_Canada.zip
I was using 7 zip to extract these files to the map folder on the device then running Fast Activate.

2. I will re-read the instructions again.

Thank you
firemandude offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:56 pm

firemandude wrote:1. In the TOMTOM document folder c:\users\"username"\Documents\TomTom\Home\Download\Complete\Map\Usa_and_Canada\Usa_and_Canada.zip
I was using 7 zip to extract these files to the map folder on the device then running Fast Activate.

2. I will re-read the instructions again.

Thank you

1. A map downloaded from TT Home does not need to be patched, unless you are running a patched navcore, instead of the current official navcore for the device.
2. OK.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX