Very new, and very lost...   

Very new, and very lost...

Postby smoker68x » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:28 am

I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition (4N01.002) and I just want to update my maps to the most current that I can. I don't care about adding more features (speaking road names) other than the traffic I already have when I connect my receiver. I'm not going to complain if I get new features, I'm just pointing out that I'm not that interested in them...

First point of confusion, where do I begin? I have no idea exactly what I need to download, and what I need to run. Also, will I still be able to connect to TT Home and update the GPSQuickFix? I have spent quite some time looking through all of this, and as a computer savvy person, I am very confused, lol... I'm sure it's quite obvious, but I've never tried to update my GPS before, so I guess give me rundown please...

Here's the info for my TT:
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
BootLoaderVersion=55001
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=USA_and_Canada
CurrentMapVersion=715.1712
smoker68x offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Download & unzip this map. USA_and_Canada_865_3261 [874MB]

Download & unzip this patcher. FastActivate 01.03.2011 {1.8.6.5} Read the instructions carefully & select the Premium version.

Make a backup of your current setup, using Windows explorer.
Remove the old map folder. Copy in the new map folder.
Run the patcher using the ttsystem button & the map button.
Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby smoker68x » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Thank you very much, so far everything appears to be working great... I just have a couple of questions though... Can I still connect to TT Home and download the GPSQuickFix and MapShare updates? Just so I know for the future, how can I tell which maps and which activator I need to use?
smoker68x offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 pm

smoker68x wrote:1. Thank you very much, so far everything appears to be working great... I just have a couple of questions though...
2. Can I still connect to TT Home and download the GPSQuickFix and MapShare updates?
3. Just so I know for the future, how can I tell which maps and which activator I need to use?

1. You are Welcome!!
2. Absolutely!!
3. A navcore & map compatibility chart is always in post 1 of every NEW MAP thread. In the future use the same activator.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby smoker68x » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:18 am

I saw the chart, but was a little confused by that... I'm assuming for mine, I would look under "TT Devices" at the column marked 8.01x? There's a lot to look at there, and some of the abbreviations are a little confusing, lol...
smoker68x offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:58 am

smoker68x wrote:I saw the chart, but was a little confused by that...
1. I'm assuming for mine, I would look under "TT Devices" at the column marked 8.01x?
2. There's a lot to look at there, and some of the abbreviations are a little confusing, lol...

1. Exactly.
2. [color=red]Definitions for dummies[/color]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby smoker68x » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:54 am

I must've looked at that late at night, because I remember seeing that now, but it just wasn't registering right, lol... Thank you very much for the help... Hopefully someone else will find my questions (and your patient answers) useful and will help them out as well...
smoker68x offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:27 pm

smoker68x wrote:I must've looked at that late at night, because I remember seeing that now, but it just wasn't registering right, lol... Thank you very much for the help... Hopefully someone else will find my questions (and your patient answers) useful and will help them out as well...

You are Welcome. Thanx or the kind comment. Enjoy!!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX