USA_and_Canada_865_3261 [tomtom one 3rd edition + activitor    

USA_and_Canada_865_3261 [tomtom one 3rd edition + activitor

Postby kkcloak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:38 am

So long story short i needed to update my TomTom one 3rd edition, so i downloaded the US/CAN Maps and it came like this.

so i copied all content from the folder to the root of my tomtom device, then i ran the "fast activate", witch asked me the following.

1- update meta.txt -> witch it did -ok
2- map/voice/speedcam - ok too
3- ttsystem/PND navigator -ok too
4-tomtom home - failes missing dll.

when i turned my device on and off, it says no map.

there was no instructions with the download but i guess i have it right, i'm missing something.

any help appreciated.
kkcloak offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 am

kkcloak wrote:A. So long story short i needed to update my TomTom one 3rd edition, so i downloaded the US/CAN Maps and it came like this.

B. so i copied all content from the folder to the root of my tomtom device, then i ran the "fast activate", witch asked me the following.

1- update meta.txt -> witch it did -ok
2- map/voice/speedcam - ok too
3- ttsystem/PND navigator -ok too
4-tomtom home - failes missing dll.

C. when i turned my device on and off, it says no map.

D. there was no instructions with the download but i guess i have it right, i'm missing something.

any help appreciated.

A. USA_and_Canada_865_3261 is 7 Editions out of date. There are no USA & C 895 maps available, but there are a couple of 890s.
B. You copy the folder to the root of your tomtom device, not the contents in it.
1. You have an old version of FastActivate. Current version is 1.8.9.0. The meta.txt update feature is no longer available & does not function on any version.
2. OK.
3. OK. MAYBE!!!
4. No problem
C. This is the classic message when the navcore is not patched. Also if the map & navcore are not compatible.
D. There are download instructions in post 1 of the current map threads. There are patching instructions in post 1 of the FastActivate thread.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kkcloak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:21 am

Hi,

thx for the quick reply, so i should kept the folder and put in the root of my device.

crap this sucks so i'll to reformat, i'll give it another try.

thanks again!
kkcloak offline

Postby kkcloak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:57 am

ok seems it worked since at boot it ask me to choose the map, one problem when i click on it i get the message.

when i connect to tomtom client and go buy a map [of the same] it says "this item cannot be used on this device because its not activated.

i have a feeling i'm almost there.
thx.
kkcloak offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 am

kkcloak wrote:Hi,

thx for the quick reply, so i should kept the folder and put in the root of my device.

1. crap this sucks so i'll to reformat, i'll give it another try.

thanks again!

kkcloak wrote:2. ok seems it worked since at boot it ask me to choose the map, one problem when i click on it i get the message.

3. when i connect to tomtom client and go buy a map [of the same] it says "this item cannot be used on this device because its not activated.

i have a feeling i'm almost there.
thx.

1. We NEVER recommend formatting, except in the most severe cases!!
2. What is the message?
3. Why are you doing this?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kkcloak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 pm

tendriver wrote:1. We NEVER recommend formatting, except in the most severe cases!!
2. What is the message?
3. Why are you doing this?

1- everywere i've seen [even on tomtom site] they say if you have major issues format fat32 [not quick] and reload the original maps though the cd that came with the gps. [i didnt find my cd but i'll look for it]

2- when i boot the gps it tells me "this is not the correct map for this device" and i see has the mapchoice Canada_USA

3- i didnt allow it to update or anything, i just wanted to confirm it installed correctly. [i says on the client "this map has to be activated"]

thx.
kkcloak offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm

kkcloak wrote:1- everywere i've seen [even on tomtom site] they say if you have major issues format fat32 [not quick] and reload the original maps though the cd that came with the gps. [i didnt find my cd but i'll look for it]

2- when i boot the gps it tells me "this is not the correct map for this device" and i see has the mapchoice Canada_USA

3- i didnt allow it to update or anything, i just wanted to confirm it installed correctly. [i says on the client "this map has to be activated"]

thx.

1. This is exactly what I said. Forget about the original map and/or CD. You don't need either.
2. Are you seeing this on the unit or TT Home? If the navcore has not been patched, the unit will tell you "No map found". If the map has not been patched, the unit will tell you that " you can not use this map on this device".
3. Forget trying to use TT Home for anything, UNTIL AFTER you have your unit updated & running. Booting the device will tell you all you need to know.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kkcloak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:21 pm

tendriver wrote:If the map has not been patched, the unit will tell you that " you can not use this map on this device".

ok so i guess i need a newer version of the patcher, since i ran both *.exe and everything is telling me i'm ok.

i guess tomtom patched something that defeats it.

is the newer patcher compatible with older maps?

i'm sorry for all the question but i'm not use to patching gps devices :p

thx again!
kkcloak offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 pm

kkcloak wrote:1. ok so i guess i need a newer version of the patcher, since i ran both *.exe and everything is telling me i'm ok.

2. i guess tomtom patched something that defeats it.

3.is the newer patcher compatible with older maps?

4.i'm sorry for all the question but i'm not use to patching gps devices :p

thx again!

1. I mentioned this to you in Point 1 of post 2. HINT: If the patcher finds anything to patch like voices, speedcams, it will do so, then tell you OK. If the map got patched, there will be a .meta.dct file in the map folder.
2. Nope.
3. Yes. But why do you want to use an "older" map?
4. We are here to answer your questions.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kkcloak » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:40 pm

tendriver wrote:1. I mentioned this to you in Point 1 of post 2. HINT: If the patcher finds anything to patch like voices, speedcams, it will do so, then tell you OK. If the map got patched, there will be a .meta.dct file in the map folder.
2. Nope.
3. Yes. But why do you want to use an "older" map?
4. We are here to answer your questions.

1- yeah i missed it, i found "FastActivate Premium Edition v1.8.8.0 [Unlock TomToS Very Easy]", but no 1.8.9.0 i'm gonna give that a try.
2-lol, well ok.
3-because thats the only thing i found on newsgroup but i did download the latest one from this thread [will give it a try and post back]
4-still you guys need some sort of praise's do this day in and day out.

Big Thank You from Me tendriver.
kkcloak offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:45 pm

kkcloak wrote:1- yeah i missed it, i found "FastActivate Premium Edition v1.8.8.0 [Unlock TomToS Very Easy]", but no 1.8.9.0 i'm gonna give that a try.
2-lol, well ok.
3-because thats the only thing i found on newsgroup but i did download the latest one from this thread [will give it a try and post back]
4-still you guys need some sort of praise's do this day in and day out.

Big Thank You from Me tendriver.

1. Where did you find this version?
3. You can find everything you need right here at NAVITOTAL. BTW, for quality control reasons, NT does not support downloads of any kind, that are gotten elsewhere.
4. THANX!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby kkcloak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:00 pm

So i gave the "USA and CANADA" and "Canada and Alaska" w/ Autoactivator a try [from this thread] and neither of them worked for me, same message from the gps.

So i said why not try back my old "original" maps that i backed up and see what it does [just a simple copy/paste].

Worked right a way no errors go my "2007 version" maps working and everything.

I decided that this was too complicated and bought a new garmin today :)

thx again tendriver.
kkcloak offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 pm

kkcloak wrote:So i gave the "USA and CANADA" and "Canada and Alaska" w/ Autoactivator a try [from this thread] and neither of them worked for me, same message from the gps.

If you got the maps from either All New Maps 895.XXXX or 895 Map Collections ONLY!!! , you could have saved yourself some money, if you had read the download instructions in posts 1 & 2, as well as the note in each set of map links.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX