TomTom ONE XXL IQ Routes and Europe_South_895_4438   

TomTom ONE XXL IQ Routes and Europe_South_895_4438

Postby Tex_GG » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Hello,

This will be my first post but I already came a few time and last time I sucessfully updated my TT to v890. But this time I got a problem I haven't been able to solve. I have checked on the forum but didn't find a post with this problem so I'm asking for a bit help :).

So like I said I was on a Map "Europe South 890.4222" and I tried to upgrade to 895.4438. I used the autoextract/activate package and it worked well. But after that I have unplug the TT USB from computer and restarted it, and now it restart in loop, switching between the TT boot screen and the kind of like blue screen with a yellow loading bar ... again and again.
Wondering if I did a mistake, I cleaned the folder and tried again, and even used the last Fast activate sucessfully. But nothing to do, it restart again.

So I'm wondering if you got any tips for my problem, or maybe even a "solution" ;)

There is my config:
DeviceID=XXXXX XXXXX
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XXL IQ Routes
DeviceSerialNumber=XXXXXXXXXXXX

ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9465
TTSystem 4509592 bytes, modified 16/10/2012 13:40
PNDNavigator 8172416 bytes, modified 16/10/2012 14:47
BootLoaderVersion=55279
RDS/TMC 'mctx.dat' size 212 bytes
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0
HelpFileVersion = 20090617
NederlandPostalVersion=Version895
GreatBritainPostalVersion=Version

I don't know why the map does not appear, I even tried to force it in the ttgo.bif but that didn't worked.

Thank for the ppl that will help me :)
Tex_GG offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Tex_GG wrote:So I'm wondering if you got any tips for my problem, or maybe even a "solution"

I don't know why the map does not appear, I even tried to force it in the ttgo.bif but that didn't worked.

NEVER post you DeviceID or DeviceSerialNumber!!

This usually is an indication that the map is not patched. Do you see a .meta file & a .meta.dct file in the 4438 map folder? If the map is patched, then confirm that 9.465 is patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tex_GG » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Sorry I didn't know about Id's :x

For the map I have Europe_South-562.meta and Europe_South-562.meta.dct in the 4438 folder.

When you tak about 9.465, you talk about the Navcore ? When I launch FastActivate on the Navcor it say it's already patched.
Tex_GG offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 am

Tex_GG wrote:1. Sorry I didn't know about Id's :x

2. For the map I have Europe_South-562.meta and Europe_South-562.meta.dct in the 4438 folder.

3. When you talk about 9.465, you talk about the Navcore ? When I launch FastActivate on the Navcore it says it's already patched.

1. No need to be sorry. I know you didn't. Just making sure that you do now.
2. OK.
3. Yes. Download this pre-patched 9.465 ttsystem file & copy it to your XXL, overwriting the current ttsystem file. 9.465 SE ttsystem.rar
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tex_GG » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:58 am

OK, got the ttsystem file and replaced my old one (renaming the old with .bak), but the problem is still there
Tex_GG offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Tex_GG wrote:OK, got the ttsystem file and replaced my old one (renaming the old with .bak), but the problem is still there

Where in post 4 point 3 do you see to do this??? Delete the .bak file. Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tex_GG » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Sorry old habit of mine to not delete files I replace, just in case I make a mistake or need to get back to the previous one.

But even after deleting the old .bak it restart in loop.
Tex_GG offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Tex_GG wrote:1. Sorry old habit of mine to not delete files I replace, just in case I make a mistake or need to get back to the previous one.

2. But even after deleting the old .bak it restart in loop.

1. That is a very bad habit to have & why we make a backup of the current setup before we start updating/upgrading.
2. Did you copy the mapsettings.cfg file from the old map folder to the new map folder?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tex_GG » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 am

Yes I copied it. So I tried to delete it and my TT doesn't restart immediately !, it goes until the property screen. But after I hit "continue", it restarted :/
Maybe thats some other config/radar file I didn't deleted htat I should clean ?
Tex_GG offline

Postby Tex_GG » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm

After cleaning all the previous radar and config (deleteing everithing and just get the new map) it work \o/. But now I need to reconfigure everything :s and I lost my radar POI :/
Tex_GG offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Tex_GG wrote:Yes I copied it.
So I tried to delete it and my TT doesn't restart immediately !, it goes until the property screen. But after I hit "continue", it restarted :/
Maybe thats some other config/radar file I didn't deleted htat I should clean ?

1. Why did you delete ??

Tex_GG wrote:2. After cleaning all the previous radar and config (deleteing everithing and just get the new map) it work \o/.
3.But now I need to reconfigure everything :s and I lost my radar POI :/

2. Same question as 1 above.
3. No you don't.

• Take file mapsettings.cfg from your old map folder and place it in your new map folder (This is where the favourites are kept) If you have any problems with your device re-booting please follow instructions below to cure.
  • Connect your Tomtom to Home and choose "Operate my Device".
  • Add a random address or location to your favourites,
  • This will rewrite the file mapsettings.cfg to the right format and you get rid of the re-booting loop without losing your favourites!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tex_GG » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:13 pm

It cool, I put everything back in the folder little by little and everything work fine, even the old mapconfig :x. I got every config and radar and the TT work like old time wiht this new Map.

Note for later : always clean the map folder before add a new one, and add old item back slowly :)

Thank you tendriver for the big help
Tex_GG offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Tex_GG wrote:It cool, I put everything back in the folder little by little and everything work fine, even the old mapconfig :x. I got every config and radar and the TT work like old time wiht this new Map.

Note for later : always clean the map folder before add a new one, and add old item back slowly :)

Thank you tendriver for the big help

Thanx for the update. It is not necessary to slowly transfer files from an old map folder to a new map folder. I have 15 files that I transfer all at the same time.

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX