Slight Confusion - Diagram and Map Version Numbers   

Slight Confusion - Diagram and Map Version Numbers

Postby welshgje » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Good evening,

Would someone be kind enough to clarify something for me?

I've studied the diagram which tells me which map works with which NaviCore and am finding it all slightly confusing. I have a TomTom Go740 Live. I've used this site before to install new maps and navicores but that worked fine.

I have a working system and am happy - so thanks for all the information - but I just do not understand this diagram.

1. So I downloaded Navicore 9.430 - it installed fine and and FastActive did it's job.

2. I've now got to decide on a map so studied the diagram and saw that 890.4223 had everything I believe I wanted but my device didn't like it. So I went down a version to 890.4222 and this worked.

Am I correct in choosing the maps with the most 'Yes' options in the chart?

Any clarification is appreciated,

Gareth
welshgje offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm

welshgje wrote:Good evening,

Would someone be kind enough to clarify something for me?

I've studied the diagram which tells me which map works with which NaviCore and am finding it all slightly confusing. I have a TomTom Go740 Live. I've used this site before to install new maps and navicores but that worked fine.

I have a working system and am happy - so thanks for all the information - but I just do not understand this diagram.

1. So I downloaded Navicore 9.430 - it installed fine and and FastActive did it's job.

2. I've now got to decide on a map so studied the diagram and saw that 890.4223 had everything I believe I wanted but my device didn't like it. So I went down a version to 890.4222 and this worked.

Am I correct in choosing the maps with the most 'Yes' options in the chart?

Any clarification is appreciated,

Gareth

1. 9.430 is the current official navcore for your 740.

2. The map numbers are no help to us without knowing what area they cover.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby welshgje » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:38 pm

tendriver wrote:1. 9.430 is the current official navcore for your 740.

2. The map numbers are no help to us without knowing what area they cover.

Ahhhh - apologies for number two I forgot to put that in.

1. YOu say that this Navicore is the current for my device - but how do you know? How will I ever find that out - Am I right in saying that it will always be the highest one on the chart? Can I assume that over time devices will be unsupported? For example the next Navicore may not support my device?

2. Yeah - sorry again for that. United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland 890.4223 I should have mentioned. This didn't work - but .4222 did work. I'm not sure why as the only main difference I can see on the chart relating to my device is the HNR information but I see that this doesn't matter for the UK anyway.

Appreciate your first answer and look forward to hopefully your next,

Regards

Gareth
welshgje offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:30 am

welshgje wrote:
a. YOu say that this Navicore is the current for my device - but how do you know?
b. How will I ever find that out -
c. Am I right in saying that it will always be the highest one on the chart? Can I assume that over time devices will be unsupported? For example the next Navicore may not support my device?

2. Yeah - sorry again for that. United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland 890.4223 I should have mentioned. This didn't work - but .4222 did work. I'm not sure why as the only main difference I can see on the chart relating to my device is the HNR information but I see that this doesn't matter for the UK anyway.

a. Because this ain't my first day on the job.
b. Do you think the sticky thread V8 & V9 Navcores might be a good place to start?
c. No. Not anytime soon. No chance!!

2. Go here: All New Maps 890.XXXX & 891.XXXX Carefully read the Download Instructions at the top of post 1. You answer is clerly displain there.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby welshgje » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 pm

tendriver wrote:1.
a. Because this ain't my first day on the job.
b. Do you think the sticky thread V8 & V9 Navcores might be a good place to start?
c. No. Not anytime soon. No chance!!

2. Go here: All New Maps 890.XXXX & 891.XXXX Carefully read the Download Instructions at the top of post 1. You answer is clerly displain there.

1. Whoops - your answer indicates that you thought I may have been questioning your authority on the subject. I was not. Let me rephrase - I'm interested in how you know (regardless of when you started). How do you find out there is a new version of the software?

Cheers

GJE
welshgje offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 pm

welshgje wrote:1. Whoops - your answer indicates that you thought I may have been questioning your authority on the subject. I was not.
2. Let me rephrase - I'm interested in how you know (regardless of when you started). How do you find out there is a new version of the software?

Cheers

GJE

1. Whoops - Not at all. You asked & I answered.
2. As soon as a new navcore comes out for any model TT, it goes around the TT forum circuit like wild fire. If the new nc is for your device, TT Home will tell you the first time you open it after the nc is released.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX