Problems with latest maps on 9.026   

Problems with latest maps on 9.026

Postby fire-host » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi There,

I've got an early TT ONE XL which last year I updated to NavCore: 9.026.483454.1. It has the Western_Europe maps on it (875.8613) and it worked a treat whilst over in Europe. I'm now trying to put on the latest North America maps on it for a trip over there (tried both 895_4437 and 895_4438), but the Automatic Installer and patcher doesn't work.

I've tried both with the Euro Maps on (4GB Card), tried both with the Euro maps removed but using the previously working system files. Tried Fast Activate as well, with the bif file. FA will pick up the Euro maps as it has the meta.dct, but wont even see the NA maps folder to patch it. Even tried FA and the .bif in the NA folder without any joy ...

I get the maps cannot be be used, which by my reading means the maps are unpatched which seems likely as there's no meta.dct ... but no matter what I try I cannot get one to create and patch ...

Is there anyone who can help?

Driving round the bend, especially as the Euro's worked so well!

Thanks.
fire-host offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:24 pm

fire-host wrote:Hi There,

I've got an early TT ONE XL which last year I updated to NavCore: 9.026.483454.1. It has the Western_Europe maps on it (875.8613) and it worked a treat whilst over in Europe. I'm now trying to put on the latest North America maps on it for a trip over there (tried both 895_4437 and 895_4438), but the Automatic Installer and patcher doesn't work.

I've tried both with the Euro Maps on (4GB Card), tried both with the Euro maps removed but using the previously working system files. Tried Fast Activate as well, with the bif file. FA will pick up the Euro maps as it has the meta.dct, but wont even see the NA maps folder to patch it. Even tried FA and the .bif in the NA folder without any joy ...

I get the maps cannot be be used, which by my reading means the maps are unpatched which seems likely as there's no meta.dct ... but no matter what I try I cannot get one to create and patch ...

Is there anyone who can help?

Driving round the bend, especially as the Euro's worked so well!

Thanks.

Are you using the current FA version FastActivate Premium 1.8.9.0 Updated 05.10.2012 ??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby fire-host » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi There,

I certainly am. Downloaded it this afternoon direct from the thread :) ... It's really starting to become frustrating now! In theory it should be all working fine and dandy, just something not clicking in place somewhere!

As per some advice I received over PM, I'm trying the 2GB version (though part 2 refuses to download!?).
fire-host offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:03 pm

fire-host wrote:Hi There,

I certainly am. Downloaded it this afternoon direct from the thread :) ... It's really starting to become frustrating now! In theory it should be all working fine and dandy, just something not clicking in place somewhere!

As per some advice I received over PM, I'm trying the 2GB version (though part 2 refuses to download!?).

The problem is not the downloaded map itself or Fastactivate!!

Run TomTom Current Configuration {29.09.2011} & post the results here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby fire-host » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 pm

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
BootLoaderVersion=53026
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9026
ApplicationVersion=483454.1
CurrentMap=Western_Europe_875_3613
CurrentMapVersion=875.3613
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

This configuration is with a restored SD Card back to how it was before I downloaded the NA stuff. So WestEuro maps which works absolutely bob on (Done a year ago) ... The Na maps are on their though ... the .dct wont create though.

Many thanks.
fire-host offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 pm

fire-host wrote:TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
BootLoaderVersion=53026
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9026
ApplicationVersion=483454.1
CurrentMap=Western_Europe_875_3613
CurrentMapVersion=875.3613
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

This configuration is with a restored SD Card back to how it was before I downloaded the NA stuff. So WestEuro maps which works absolutely bob on (Done a year ago) ... The Na maps are on their though ... the .dct wont create though.

Many thanks.

As I said, the problem is not the downloaded map itself. Carefully read the All New Maps 895.XXXX Download Instructions, then scroll down to the North America links & read the attached notice.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX