Phony download   

Phony download

Postby ChopstiX » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:05 pm

The map of "Europe_South_895_4444" (http://www.navitotal.com/noref.php?url=http://linksave.in/7245090065040a63d8c3a8) is a phony !!

It´s actually a 895_4438 map !!!

False advertising - makes one think of how many frauds there are and attempting to get people to DL just to earn some cash from their DL !!!
ChopstiX offline

Banned Users

Postby tendriver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:59 pm

ChopstiX wrote:1. The map of "Europe_South_895_4444" (http://www.navitotal.com/noref.php?url=http://linksave.in/7245090065040a63d8c3a8) is a phony !!

It´s actually a 895_4438 map !!!

2. False advertising - makes one think of how many frauds there are and attempting to get people to DL just to earn some cash from their DL !!!

1. Thanx for the alert. We will check it out.

2. This comment is an insult, is totally uncalled for & is inexcusable!!! I am highly offended!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Popeye » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:22 pm

tendriver wrote:1. Thanx for the alert. We will check it out.

2. This comment is an insult, is totally uncalled for & is inexcusable!!! I am highly offended!!

this has been corrected. It would be appreciated that you download all files and please PM me, if you find any more errors.
Popeye offline

User avatar Uploader/Releaser Team

Postby ChopstiX » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:59 am

tendriver wrote:1. Thanx for the alert. We will check it out.

1) Do so ...

2) Insult
Absolutely not, I´m just stating the facts!
Can you proof this is not the case?
Until proof is supplied, it must be the case !!
But what IS insulting is when somone is trying to mislead other people. It is insulting because of the widespread behaviour on the internet to make other people download stuff which isn´t what it claims to be just to get DL ratios ....
When uploading material for others do DL, any honest uploader would check their upload - both to check that it is downloadable AND that it really was the intended material!!
Of course - if the present case was an example of missing control of the uploaded material, it would be otherwise, but then, again, it was a bad upload job to begin with !!
ChopstiX offline

Banned Users

Postby ChopstiX » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:07 am

Popeye wrote:this has been corrected. It would be appreciated that you download all files and please PM me, if you find any more errors.

A PM will not stop others being mislead - alas !!

It would be good practice if this forum demanded that the uploader had their upload downloaded and examined BEFORE a post was made to the unknowing public!

I spent two days getting that phony material - just to experience that it was a double posting of the same material !!

If someone had buyed a subscription @ the filehosting website, they would, MORALLY, be entitled to a full refund from this board (or the uploader !).

And that is why buying these subcsriptions is such a bad idea when the material is not what it claims to be !
ChopstiX offline

Banned Users

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:20 am

ChopstiX wrote:2) Insult

You are not making any friends here with your (continued) rant.
Sometimes mistakes can happen. Try uploading and maintaining hundreds/thousands of files yourself...as quickly as they are available.. and see.
I suggest you drop it and be happy if the mistake was corrected.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:23 am

ChopstiX wrote:1) Do so ...

2) Insult
But what IS insulting is when somone is trying to mislead other people. It is insulting because of the widespread behaviour on the internet to make other people download stuff which isn´t what it claims to be just to get DL ratios ....
When uploading material for others do DL, any honest uploader would check their upload - both to check that it is downloadable AND that it really was the intended material!!
Of course - if the present case was an example of missing control of the uploaded material, it would be otherwise, but then, again, it was a bad upload job to begin with !!

ChopstiX wrote:A PM will not stop others being mislead - alas !!

It would be good practice if this forum demanded that the uploader had their upload downloaded and examined BEFORE a post was made to the unknowing public!

I spent two days getting that phony material - just to experience that it was a double posting of the same material !!

If someone had buyed a subscription @ the filehosting website, they would, MORALLY, be entitled to a full refund from this board (or the uploader !).

And that is why buying these subcsriptions is such a bad idea when the material is not what it claims to be !

You are very insulting and offensive !!! What beast has bitten you?
Do you realize that when you accuse someone of foul play, you have to proof that you are right.When you can't, you are a wild guesser and nothing more. Except a leecher in this case.
Why should the uploader proof he made a slight mistake and uploaded a wrong file? Until proof is supplied by you, it must be the case !!
And tell us : how do you even proof a mistake? Oh right, you never do.

Know the forum team spends hours and hours to upload stuff so the members can download for free. The uploaded material is so enormous that a simple mistake is made easily. But for you uploading one wrong file is a crime without equal! Wow! This tells me a lot about you.

You make no uploads to help out. You do nothing to help out. Criticizing is all you do. And you dare speak of MORAL ??
Shame on you !!

Do not push it too far!! :diablo:

PS: Tried TomTom Dowloadservices? Guaranteed quality!
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 am

@ChopstiX : I suggest you re-think your actions here for some simple reasons:
1. We already have rules on how to report broken, missing or otherwise faulty links - by PM to the uploader!
2. All links are offered free and can be downloaded for free.
3. If you find a wrong link, report it and it will be fixed, simple as!
4. Popeye is one our most valued uploaders with a perfect reputation and record, so I don't think he is posting wrong links to make money ;)
5. A PM to Popeye usually fixes any problem within a few hours, even on weekend - and I speak from experience here.
6. Since we know your attitude already we don't expect an apology but if you don't stop ranting I will ban you myself. - Check the rules in regards to your offensive postings and be happy your account is still alive! -
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby kidicarus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 am

ChopstiX wrote:

You have not paid for anything, therefore you are not out of pocket.
You are getting a lot of premium maps for free from this site, thanks to the hard work of several people who make sure people like us get the latest maps.
If a map has been mis-labelled then a mistake has been made, and i'm sure not an intentional one, if you do believe this forum is out to con you or mislead you in any way I suggest you go elsewhere.
kidicarus offline

Postby Popeye » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 am

ChopstiX the best I can say about you is that you are an UN-informed person. FileFactory does not give any remuneration for downloading files. So there is no incentive to load erroneous files. I suggest that you retract your previous statement, since you do not know what you are talking about.
Popeye offline

User avatar Uploader/Releaser Team

Postby nabi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:23 am

@ Downunder

Exactly my idea !

@ kidicarus

Thanks ! :thumbup:
You express correctly what this forum is all about offering GPS stuff and give support, all for free.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:51 pm

The appropriate action has been taken. This Thread is closed!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX