little help with a dumb problem?   

little help with a dumb problem?

Postby rivermaidpe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 am

i have an old xl-s that i quite like but i put it to update with the official tomtom software and it apparently deleted the us map ! any help? i have a 2GB sd card in it right now, so i don't know if it has anything to do with the problem since it said it didn't need it before... pls help
rivermaidpe offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 am

If you put a Navcore on the SD you have to add map as well or copy the map folder from the internal memory onto the SD.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:38 am

rivermaidpe wrote:i have an old xl-s that i quite like
1. but i put it to update with the official tomtom software and it apparently deleted the us map ! any help?
2. i have a 2GB sd card in it right now, so i don't know if it has anything to do with the problem since it said it didn't need it before... pls help

1. I will assume that you updated your navcore using TT Home. TT Home does not, can not, will not ever delete anything, unless the user does it.
2. Your xl-s can not use internal & external memory at the same time. Either you have everything on the internal or everything on the SD card, but not a mixture of both.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby rivermaidpe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 pm

how do i put the map on the external? will it have enough memory? it's only a 2GB card the one i have on it... can it copy and paste? any tutorial would be appreciated...
rivermaidpe offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 pm

rivermaidpe wrote:how do i put the map on the external? will it have enough memory? it's only a 2GB card the one i have on it... can it copy and paste? any tutorial would be appreciated...

What map do you need?

Run this program: TomTom Current Configuration {29.09.2011} Post the results here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX