Issues after an update " you cannot use map with this device   

Issues after an update " you cannot use map with this device

Postby redbull420 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi All I am new here. Good forum though.

Can anybody help me. I have a Go520 on Navicore 9.401 Map on the device is United Kingdom & Ireland.
I also on a memory card have Central and western Europe 850 2801 that I used easy use tools to activate back in 2010.
All has been running well. TThome would update the device no hassle I had paid for cameras and they were updating regularly. Figured all was great.

After months of not updating the device today I connected the device through TThome and there was a big update around 55mg. Now I perhaps stupidly figured okay never failed before so why now. Click.....download ...install.

Now the thing will not work on any maps. I get the red screen of death "problem with this map" " You cannot use this map on this device" (then says the map version)
It does this on both my maps! So I am now satnavless! agggh

Figured I would try what I did before using the easyusetools but it is not that easy to remember + looking on here I can update the whole thing.

So I downloaded auotactivate put in the map folder on both the device & the sd card (where the euro map is) ran the program which says success. However no matter what I do it still comes up with red screen of death with the same message.

I am currently trying to dload a newer map but its painfully slow as I cannot work out the dload page linksave.in I have 9 parts and each part will take 1 hour.

Can anyone please help me find a solution to fix as I am really stuck without this device. What is causing the problem??? must have been in that update.

Thanks in advance.
redbull420 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:11 am

If you would have read (and posted) what Home showed you for the update you would have noticed that you got a new Navcore installed ;)
Autoactivate won't help you in that case as it is only for the map activation, use FastActivate premium and press the first 3 buttons starting from the left ;)
Enjoy!
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby redbull420 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks. Unfortunately it still does not work. I managed to reinstall an old backup of the UK map and went through Home and installed the navcore. great it worked.
Sadly the Europe map does not. Just tried the fast activate by putting in the folder on the Sd card. When I run it does not stay on the screen long enough for me to see what it says/ does.

restarted everything but still no joy.
redbull420 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 am

redbull420 wrote:Thanks. Unfortunately it still does not work. I managed to reinstall an old backup of the UK map and went through Home and installed the navcore. great it worked.
Sadly the Europe map does not.

***Just tried the fast activate by putting in the folder on the Sd card. When I run it does not stay on the screen long enough for me to see what it says/ does.

restarted everything but still no joy.

*** A copy of your device's ttgo.bif must also be on the card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:53 am

FastActivate does not close on it's own, you might have antivirus or firewall program blocking it.
also try starting it with a right click - run as administrator.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby redbull420 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks again guys. I have the uk map working now. Still the one on the card is causing problems.I deleted everything on it and put the map file back on and it still would not work. Figure I remember that I had this problem last time and ended up d_loading another map. I suspect this is my issue that the one I am trying to use is not complete in some way.
Also @downunder335m you were right something was blocking the fastactivate. I tried it on a different machine and the program run. I patched up (not that I needed to now) the original copy on the device. So it proved that it was my other machine blocking the app for whatever reason.

So my final question is I am now attempting to d_load Europe 885_4010 all 9 parts of it. Do I just unpack all these files into one and put on the memory card and then run fastactivate from that folder on the card?
I want to be sure that when I switch on the device it see's the other map on card and gives me the choice of which map to choose.

I thought all this would be easy but for some reason its turning out to be a right pain!

Thanks in advance for all your help.
redbull420 offline

Postby redbull420 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Guys and thanks.

Still have a problem with the map on the card. I deleted everything off the card and put back on the european map I had stored. I think files are missing because for love nor money the device will not see it.

All the auotacivate and fast activate now work on the device storage original UK map. (@downunder you were right some security software was blocking the apps from running correctly.

So I have gone right back to basics. I am now D_loading all 9 parts of the Euro map 885_4010 Once I have these I presume I unpack them all to the SD card and run the auto & fast activate apps from the cards directory to enable the map to work.
Is that right? Or am I still missing something.

All I want is to be able to choose either the UK or Europe map from the device and it to then work like it used to.

It should be a really simple thing this as this site and you members make it pretty clear but just want to be sure I am doing things the right way so as not to sit here for hours again making a mess of things.

Thanks in advance.
redbull420 offline

Postby redbull420 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Okay back again.

It seems that no matter what I do on my main pc Fastactivate will not run. Opens a window that quickly shuts down.
I have switched off firewall, antivirus and all spyware apps. I am also asking it to run as administrator but allas it will not run.
What could possibly be blocking it?
Autoactivate will run in my existing uk map so I think its something wrong with fastactivate. On another machine XP it would run but not win 7 ulitmate 64 bit
I have even right clicked the file and set to run xp service pack 3 mode, but nothing.
I think fastactivate wont run due to a file perhaps in the map folder?
redbull420 offline

Postby Jurris » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Good afternoon.
Please download this [Please Register or Login to download file] , put on your TomTom GO 520 and then you can activate the card. Everything will be O.K.
Jurris offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 pm

redbull420 wrote:1. So my final question is I am now attempting to d_load Europe 885_4010 all 9 parts of it. Do I just unpack all these files into one and put on the memory card and then run fastactivate from that folder on the card?
2.All I want is to be able to choose either the UK or Europe map from the device and it to then work like it used to.

1. Unzip part 1 & the other 8 parts will also be unzipped. Put the unzipped map folder on the card. Put FastActivate & a copy of your device's ttgo.bif file in the map folder. Run FA button 2 to patch the map.

2. If point 1 is still a NO GO, try another patcher like Albert's EasyActivator 6.09 or one of your choice from TomTom Tools.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:44 pm

Jurris wrote:Good afternoon.
Please download this [Please Register or Login to download file] put on your TomTom GO 520 and then you can activate the card. Everything will be O.K.

Thanx for your interest in helping. redbull420 is trying to patch a map. I don't see how a navcore dump would be of any help.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby redbull420 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks tendriver your a star.

My windows 7 machine just would not run the fastactive app no matter what security I switched off or even starting in safe mode with network.
I dug out an old xp laptop and it worked straight away! I am now fully up to date yeahh

I still have one issue and that is patching TThome it says cant find dll file. I guess I will figure out that in time.

Is the Europe map as comprehensive as my own country map (update wise) I have now got Europe 885 4008 . My UK map is very old but as I sign in on the Europe map I figure that one is more up to date.
If I downloaded the latest UK map would that be worth doing?

Thanks again guys for your help. Guess its just Windows 7 on my machine that stopped it. Cant think why and would love to work it out. I built the PC and am very experienced in its settings but what was killing that app I will never know.

!!! cheers !!
redbull420 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:28 am

redbull420 wrote:1. Thanks tendriver your a star.

2. My windows 7 machine just would not run the fastactive app no matter what security I switched off or even starting in safe mode with network.
I dug out an old xp laptop and it worked straight away! I am now fully up to date yeahh

3. I still have one issue and that is patching TThome it says cant find dll file. I guess I will figure out that in time.

4. Is the Europe map as comprehensive as my own country map (update wise) I have now got Europe 885 4008 . My UK map is very old but as I sign in on the Europe map I figure that one is more up to date.
If I downloaded the latest UK map would that be worth doing?

Thanks again guys for your help. Guess its just Windows 7 on my machine that stopped it. Cant think why and would love to work it out. I built the PC and am very experienced in its settings but what was killing that app I will never know.

!!! cheers !!

1. You are Welcome.
2. I have no problem with Win 7 & FA.
3. Run TT Home "Operate my GO". TT Home should ask you to download a file. Do so. Now patch it.
4. I would use a UK map while at home & switch to the Europe map before crossing the channel.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX