Help with UK Map   

Help with UK Map

Postby ZedWings » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:40 am

Hi guys,

Sorry for posting another 'help with...' thread but I've read as much as my brain can handle tonight and I'm still getting nowhere.

I'm trying to install 'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_885_4059'. I tried first with the automatic installer but my device (TomTom ONE XL) told me I couldn't use the map with that device. The downloaded the files and manually copied them over. When I ran FastActivate it didn't recognise the maps, It just said 'Maps: [BLANK]'

I then installed a fresh navcore, patched it and copied the maps over, but again FastActivate doesn't see any maps at all!

Any advice?

Thanks
ZedWings offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:35 am

ZedWings wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry for posting another 'help with...' thread but I've read as much as my brain can handle tonight and I'm still getting nowhere.

I'm trying to install 'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_885_4059'. I tried first with the automatic installer but my device (TomTom ONE XL) told me I couldn't use the map with that device. The downloaded the files and manually copied them over. When I ran FastActivate it didn't recognise the maps, It just said 'Maps: [BLANK]'

I then installed a fresh navcore, patched it and copied the maps over, but again FastActivate doesn't see any maps at all!

Any advice?

Thanks

Yep. In the future check to make sure that the map's meta code is posted before you download an unusable map because it's meta code isn't available.

There are 5 downloadable 885 UK map versions in post 2 of the All New Maps 885.XXXX thread. Only 1 of them (4009) has the meta code posted & is usable. The other 4, including 4059 are worthless without their meta code.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX