Going Crazy With these error messages   

Going Crazy With these error messages

Postby xptopx » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi guys for sure im the idiot and i must be doing something wrong.

I got 3 tom tom gps and i want to update all of the maps.

so far this is what i have

Start - Navcore 9.057
Go Live - Navcore 9.001
Go 730 - Navcore 8.351

I want the Europe South 2gb cause most of them only have 2gb space and some dont have sd available, o looked up the map chart and seen that the map europe south 880.3810 is compatible with all these versions.

I put the maps in my gps and used AutoActivate and it said it was OK.

When i start my gps i get an error message saying i cant use this map on this equipment europe south-452.

1st - should this map work with all these navcores?
2nd - what can i do to get rid of these errors?

thank you very much
xptopx offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:12 pm

xptopx wrote:Hi guys for sure im the idiot and i must be doing something wrong.

I got 3 tom tom gps and i want to update all of the maps.

so far this is what i have

Start - Navcore 9.057
Go Live - Navcore 9.001
Go 730 - Navcore 8.351

I want the Europe South 2gb cause most of them only have 2gb space and some dont have sd available, o looked up the map chart and seen that the map europe south 880.3810 is compatible with all these versions.

I put the maps in my gps and used AutoActivate and it said it was OK.

When i start my gps i get an error message saying i cant use this map on this equipment europe south-452.

1st - should this map work with all these navcores?
2nd - what can i do to get rid of these errors?

thank you very much

The map/navcore combo is good on all 3 units.

You just have a simple patching issue. Your error message usually indicates that the maps are not patched. You can confirm this by looking for a .meta file & a .meta.dct file in each map folder. No .meta.dct = not patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby xptopx » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:52 pm

I checked inside my device and it created a META.TXT and inside that meta i got the right meta for my map, just in case i copied inside the folder Europe_South_880_3810 and left a copy of that meta. turned my gps on and same issue

thanks for your reply btw
xptopx offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:15 pm

xptopx wrote:I checked inside my device and it created a META.TXT and inside that meta i got the right meta for my map, just in case i copied inside the folder Europe_South_880_3810 and left a copy of that meta. turned my gps on and same issue

thanks for your reply btw

This is not even close to what I asked about!!!

I repeat: You just have a simple patching issue. Your error message usually indicates that the maps are not patched. You can confirm this by looking for a .meta file & a .meta.dct file in each map folder. No .meta.dct = not patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby xptopx » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:25 pm

tendriver wrote:This is not even close to what I asked about!!!

I repeat: You just have a simple patching issue. Your error message usually indicates that the maps are not patched. You can confirm this by looking for a .meta file & a .meta.dct file in each map folder. No .meta.dct = not patched.

Well then im sorry if i still dont understand what u mean with that reply i wont bother again
xptopx offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 pm

xptopx wrote:Well then im sorry if i still dont understand what u mean with that reply i wont bother again

It's no bother. You just have to follow the instructions, so I can help you.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:40 am

Not wanne sound rude, but who uses three TT's?
To me personally this is commercial and the units end up on Ebay or similar.
Tendriver already said that patching is the problem, so I'm out here and offer the user to read the tutorials and the map thread.
You can donate 30% of the profit ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby xptopx » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:46 am

I dont own them, my friends do and they asked me to update the maps :P

I know patching is the problem i just hoped for a little more light of explanation but no need ill read.
xptopx offline

Postby xptopx » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:56 am

For anybody that goes through the same problem, this is how i solved mine.... first i ran the autoactivator and thats why it wasnt working, since i was using the same navcore that already came with the gps, this had to be patched and i thiught the auto tool did it but i guess i was wrong, I used the fast activator and bing everything ok.
xptopx offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:24 am

xptopx wrote:For anybody that goes through the same problem, this is how i solved mine.... first i ran the autoactivator and thats why it wasnt working, since i was using the same navcore that already came with the gps, this had to be patched and i thiught the auto tool did it but i guess i was wrong, I used the fast activator and bing everything ok.

A quick look in the Tutorial section & TomTom Tools section + following posted instructions would have saved you from "Going Crazy With these error messages".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tenorman » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Yes I found just using 'autoactivator' didn't patch them right so then ran 'fast activator' and the maps were then patched. I also found for some strange reason with these new 880 maps that I had to put two of them onto the SDCard and patch them and then remove the one I didn't need. No idea why that happens but got it to work anyway.
tenorman offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:28 pm

tenorman wrote:1. Yes I found just using 'autoactivator' didn't patch them right so then ran 'fast activator' and the maps were then patched.
2. I also found for some strange reason with these new 880 maps that I had to put two of them onto the SDCard and patch them and then remove the one I didn't need. No idea why that happens but got it to work anyway.

1. The FastActivate & Autoactivate threads in the TomTom Tools sub-forum very plainly state that FastActivate Lite & AutoActivate will not patch navcores. Only FastActivate Premium has that feature.
2. Definition of "for some strange reason" is "user misstep". There is nothing in any of these 3 activators that would required patching 880 maps this way.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX