First time update with my TomTom One 140S   

First time update with my TomTom One 140S

Postby stevsom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 am

I am looking to update my TomTom 140S for the first time thru this site. I have version 9.053 and I wanted to update to the 880.3862 for North America, but on your update page here

I am confused that there is a

"North_America_2GB_880_3862 with Automatic Installer & Patcher"

and a

"North_America_P_880_3862 with Automatic Installer & Patcher."

What is the difference between the 2GB and the P. I have no memory card slot in this unit, and my PC says it only has 1.91GB of onboard memory for this TomTom. Which one should I be downloading? As well will this version still support speed limits and still read streetnames a loud?

Thanks and your help is greatly appreciated.
stevsom offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:28 pm

stevsom wrote:1. What is the difference between the 2GB and the P.
2. I have no memory card slot in this unit, and my PC says it only has 1.91GB of onboard memory for this TomTom. Which one should I be downloading?
3. As well will this version still support speed limits and still read streetnames a loud?

1. There have been several thoughts on what a P map is, but nobody seems to know for sure, including TT Support.
2. The 2GB version = 1.415GB The P version = 1.442GB. Your choice which one.
3. Yes.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby stevsom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:23 pm

So for question 2 why make the "p" or the 2 gb? There has to something in there giving it a few mb's. Or TomTom dosent really know what there putting in there maps. :chok_mini:

So just to confirm for this particular unit I have mentioned, I can pick either or?

Thanks you guys have been great! :)

EDIT: As well on the link I mentioned it says the only two files I should have on my SD card should be the ttgo.bif and ttsystem files, but I have no SD card slot. Do I clear everything on my TomTom through my PC, or do I just skip this step? Thanks.
stevsom offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:35 pm

stevsom wrote:So for question 2 why make the "p" or the 2 gb? There has to something in there giving it a few mb's. Or TomTom dosent really know what there putting in there maps. :chok_mini:

So just to confirm for this particular unit I have mentioned, I can pick either or?

Thanks you guys have been great! :)

The deciding factor in map selections is the navcore & map compatibility, not the unit. The unit storage size is the only factor for it.

Yes you can pick either one.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby stevsom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 pm

As well on the link I mentioned it says the only two files I should have on my SD card should be the ttgo.bif and ttsystem files, but I have no SD card slot EDIT: On my TomTom. Do I clear everything on my TomTom through my PC, or do I just skip this step? Thanks.

My last post hopefully. :think:
stevsom offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:08 pm

stevsom wrote:1. As well on the link I mentioned it says the only two files I should have on my SD card should be the ttgo.bif and ttsystem files, but I have no SD card slot EDIT: On my TomTom.
2. Do I clear everything on my TomTom through my PC, or do I just skip this step? Thanks.

My last post hopefully. :think:

1. Those instructions apply only if you have a card slot.
2. No. If you are installing an Auto-install, auto-patch map, remove your old map folder & copy in the new map folder. Run the .exe

You must also patch your navcore. Go here: FastActivate 24.11.2011 {1.8.8.0} Read the instructions. Select the Premium version.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby stevsom » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:26 am

Do I need a RAR extractor to extract the last seven files, or will the exe do this for me?

Thanks.

:)
stevsom offline

Postby Magnu420 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 am

stevsom wrote:Do I need a RAR extractor to extract the last seven files, or will the exe do this for me?

Thanks.

d/load winrar (google it ) then extract them
Magnu420 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:51 am

For the installer maps you only start the EXE.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:58 am

stevsom wrote:Do I need a RAR extractor to extract the last seven files, or will the exe do this for me?

Thanks.

Rats!!! Downunder beat me to it.

No.

You just need to download and run the file on your computer.
1. With your TomTom device plugged in and an active internet connection

2. Click on the .exe file [Choose TomTom path] and click on the [Install] button.
3. Wait until the install process finishes and your new map will be installed and patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby stevsom » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Against my better judgement, I would like to Thank You for your help, and I successfully installed this on my TomTom as I mentioned above, before the New Year!

I would like to add though, (and yes all my TT maps and POI are working) that there is two part 6's in the 2 gig version of the map pack that I mentioned above, so I just picked the first one, and again it is working great!

Thanks!
stevsom offline

Return to > Maps v8XX