cant get truck map to work on go 940 live ????   

cant get truck map to work on go 940 live ????

Postby lollypoplee » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:00 pm

hi, i've been trying all night to get my go 940 live to work with a truck map ! i have downloaded " Europe_Truck_890.4266_Installer " and also " 8.398.go_work.CAB-navcore-GO-WORK " and each time i start the tomtom it says i cannot use this map with a 940 go ?

i have searched the forum and internet but not much help really ? someone did mention that truck dont work on the 940 ??

pleeeeaaassseee hellllppppppp:confused::confused:
lollypoplee offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:32 pm

You did not search the forum or at least not with the right terms, otherwise you would have mentioned the use of the 8.398SE NC or at least that you patched and activated map and Navcore.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby lollypoplee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 am

the search method on the forum is a bit tricky mate as everything i tried to search for, i kept getting " The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search "

i obviously didnt need to patch the map "Europe_Truck_890.4266_Installer" hence the word installer at the end ? as i understand it patches its self which it did ?

and i used fast activate 1.8.8.5 to patch the system files of the navcore ?

the only thing i can see what i didnt do is use 8.398SE ? what is the "SE" for ?

i can usually get tomtoms working and im used to the software available on here but just cant get this map to run, the navcore seemed to work prior to adding the map ?

help would be appreciated please mate
lollypoplee offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:01 am

Ok, now it is getting clearer.
Download the latest version of FastActivate as linked in the 890map thread and start FA from the root of your device.
The old version is no longer able to download the meta codes and in the new version they are all included.
Simply patch the Navcore and activate the map, after that all should be good.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:12 am

lollypoplee wrote:1. i obviously didnt need to patch the map "Europe_Truck_890.4266_Installer" hence the word installer at the end ? as i understand it patches its self which it did ?

2. and i used fast activate 1.8.8.5 to patch the system files of the navcore ?

1. If you don't see a .meta & a .tmeta file + a meta.dct & a tmeta.dct file in the Truck map folder, then your map is not patched.
2. See point 3.
3. SE = Special Edition. Download the attached pre-patched SE 8.398 ttsytem file. Unzip & copy this single file on top of your Truck navcore, allowing it to overwrite the current ttsystem file. Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby lollypoplee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 pm

nooooooo waaayyyy ! thank you sooo much to "Downunder35m" and "Tendriver" worked perfectly :drinks:
lollypoplee offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:16 pm

lollypoplee wrote:nooooooo waaayyyy ! thank you sooo much to "Downunder35m" and "Tendriver" worked perfectly :drinks:

The TT Team sez, "You are Welcome. Enjoy!!"

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX