Cannot generate several dct files for France 880.3865   

Cannot generate several dct files for France 880.3865

Postby poussemousse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:42 am

Hi,

I have ust tried to activate the new "France 880.3865" map on my SDcard where I already have a working (from Navitotal) Europe_1GB_South_870_3417.

When I launch FastActivatePremium (V1.8.8.0) I am only able to generate DCT file for old folder Europe_1GB_South_870_3417 but not for the new one "France 880.3865".

Does anyone can help me ?
I wonder that there is a missing file, but I am not able to guess which one of all that stuff.

Part of my Config :
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL

RamDiskVersion=20080529
BootLoaderVersion=55106
LinuxVersion=190943
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8412
ApplicationVersion=9369
UserLanguage=Français

Thanks by advance
poussemousse offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:57 am

Have you pressed the button to update the meta.txt?
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby poussemousse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:03 am

Problem Solved,

mistake was coming from the renaming of folder and .pna .meta files. As the meta file is given in META.TXT if you change it Fastactivate is lost !
Hope this could help anyone.

Question : what is the best way to rename a map folder (including its revision for instance France_880_3865) and which files must be renamed (of course which not ?).
Regards,
PousseMousse
poussemousse offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:20 pm

poussemousse wrote:Question : what is the best way to rename a map folder (including its revision for instance France_880_3865) and which files must be renamed (of course which not ?).

Question: Is there a reason why you want to do this?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby poussemousse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:36 pm

The reason why I want to do so is to help when I want to change one map from the other.

By default all the map revisions have the same name (I even wonder if this name is not included in the .pna file).
I prefer delete the folder only once the full update is done and works fine, and not before.

2 questions :
1) is there any possibility to get back mapsettings.cfg after installation of new France map while I was using an old Europe map ?
2) can I have common files (such as POI) shared between several folders, as I see now a "poi" folder directly in the root of my SD Card ?
poussemousse offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:57 pm

poussemousse wrote:mistake was coming from the renaming of folder and .pna .meta files. As the meta file is given in META.TXT if you change it Fastactivate is lost !

This is not correct. FastActivate looks for the .meta file, not the .pna file. You can rename the .pna all you want to & it will not effect the creating of a .meta.dct by FastActive.

1. The reason why I want to do so is to help when I want to change one map from the other.

By default all the map revisions have the same name (I even wonder if this name is not included in the .pna file).
I prefer delete the folder only once the full update is done and works fine, and not before.

2 questions :
1) is there any possibility to get back mapsettings.cfg after installation of new France map while I was using an old Europe map ?
2) can I have common files (such as POI) shared between several folders, as I see now a "poi" folder directly in the root of my SD Card ?[/QUOTE]

For old map updates, we recommend & instruct to remove the old map folder, then install the new map folder. We only leave the old map folder, if a new map is being added.

Q1: Open the old map folder. Copy the mapsettings.cfg & paste it in the new map folder.
Q2: Please explain this a bit better.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 am

I think I understand his problem as I had the same some time ago:
Using multiple maps, especially on both internal and SD can be frustrating as maps for the same region appear with identical names.
E.G. if I test the Australia maps on my device all versions show up in the map changer with the same name - nothing to see which map is wich.

If you edit the .pna file you can give the map shown in the map changer a new/extended name, let's say to include the version number.
But I think since the 870 maps, this renaming also messes with map share. Once the .pna is edited Home refuses to give map share updates.
And yes, with a modified .pna file Fast- and AutoActivate often refuse to activate the map.

Since I'm not sure if the user edited the inside of the PNA file (which should still work for the activation) or the filename itself...

If you need othe names for the maps installed it is best to change the inside of the PNA file after the map activation and after the map was tested to work on the device.
Here an example for the Australia map:
Original PNA
ID=Australia.pna
build=3810
id=767382

To make it show up with a different name in the map changer you edit the ID:
ID=Australia3810SD.pna
build=3810
id=767382

The original shows up as "Australia" while the map with the edited PNA shows up as "Australia3810SD".
But again, even if that is working for the name change I almost always encountered the problem that map share stopped working.
It might help to activate map share first and to change the PNa after that - have not tested this way yet.

Hope this explanation helps a bit to clear things up.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:21 am

Downunder35m wrote:1. I think I understand his problem as I had the same some time ago:
Using multiple maps, especially on both internal and SD can be frustrating as maps for the same region appear with identical names.
E.G. if I test the Australia maps on my device all versions show up in the map changer with the same name - nothing to see which map is wich.

2. If you edit the .pna file you can give the map shown in the map changer a new/extended name, let's say to include the version number.
But I think since the 870 maps, this renaming also messes with map share. Once the .pna is edited Home refuses to give map share updates.
And yes, with a modified .pna file Fast- and AutoActivate often refuse to activate the map.

Since I'm not sure if the user edited the inside of the PNA file (which should still work for the activation) or the filename itself...

If you need othe names for the maps installed it is best to change the inside of the PNA file after the map activation and after the map was tested to work on the device.
Here an example for the Australia map:
Original PNA
ID=Australia.pna
build=3810
id=767382

To make it show up with a different name in the map changer you edit the ID:
ID=Australia3810SD.pna
build=3810
id=767382

The original shows up as "Australia" while the map with the edited PNA shows up as "Australia3810SD".
But again, even if that is working for the name change I almost always encountered the problem that map share stopped working.
It might help to activate map share first and to change the PNa after that - have not tested this way yet.

Hope this explanation helps a bit to clear things up.

1. I am well aware of this!! His problem is he prefers to delete the old map folder only once the full update is done and works fine, and not before.

2. I've not had a map share problem after a .pna edit. I tested 4 different maps by 1. renaming the .pna file externally only, 2. editing the .pna file internally only & 3. renaming externally + editing internally. I ran FastActivate & AutoActivate after each change. FA & AA created a .meta.dct each & every time. That comes to 24 test with 24 perfect results.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby poussemousse » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:20 am

Downunder35m
Tendriver,

You are both right.
Tendriver has understood what I do, and Dowunder35m has given me the best way to do it.

When I've posted first, my mistake was to have renamed the France-479.meta file.
When I have understood that Fastactivate was looking for the name of meta file in META.TXT this explained why it fails.
I think that .pna file is only used by HOME (or Tomtom Navcore) to allow user to give the map name, and map revision when needed.

With my question : Where can I put common files such as POI or Speedcam, when I use Fastactivate with my 2 map folders, I have the feeling that dct generation file is only made on 1 folder map (there is no detailed result in fastactivate report to know where dct files have been created).
As main of my POI are french one, to avoid loosing SD card memory space with multi copy/paste I would have preferred to only have one common folder, even if POI out of current maps will not be shown.

For Mapsettings.cfg I had done the copy paste of the file, but even if I have not change the Navcore revision I have lost my favorites and my previous Trips when I have switched from Europe to France.
poussemousse offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 am

poussemousse wrote:1. With my question : Where can I put common files such as POI or Speedcam, when I use Fastactivate with my 2 map folders, I have the feeling that dct generation file is only made on 1 folder map (there is no detailed result in fastactivate report to know where dct files have been created).
As main of my POI are french one, to avoid loosing SD card memory space with multi copy/paste I would have preferred to only have one common folder, even if POI out of current maps will not be shown.

2. For Mapsettings.cfg I had done the copy paste of the file, but even if I have not change the Navcore revision I have lost my favorites and my previous Trips when I have switched from Europe to France.

1. POIs, Speedcams etc MUST be in the map folder. For multiple maps, POIs, Speedcams etc MUST be in EACH map folder.
If Fastactivate is copied to the root storage of the unit or to the root of a card, it will create a .dct file for EVERYTHING that it finds in the root storage or on the card, that it has a meta for.

2. For Mapsettings.cfg files, the answer is the same as above. The file must be in the map folder/folders.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v8XX