bif & bak Files Showing Incorrect Map   

bif & bak Files Showing Incorrect Map

Postby peebee » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 pm

Hello,

I have just updated both the navcore and map to UK 895 on my 720 GO and all seems to be working fine. However I have checked the ttgo.bak and the ttgo.bif files and they are showing the correct navcore but are showing incorrect map versions of two or three updates ago !. The ttgo.ori is showing the correct navcore and map version.

How do I update the incorrect .bif & .bak files please ?, just delete and reboot ?.

Thanks
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:12 pm

peebee wrote:Hello,

I have just updated both the navcore and map to UK 895 on my 720 GO and all seems to be working fine. However I have checked the ttgo.bak and the ttgo.bif files and they are showing the correct navcore but are showing incorrect map versions of two or three updates ago !. The ttgo.ori is showing the correct navcore and map version.

How do I update the incorrect .bif & .bak files please ?, just delete and reboot ?.

Thanks

9.430 is the current official navcore for a 720. If you have it installed, you don't have a need for a .bak or .ori file. Delete both of them.

FFR: A new .bif file is created each & every time a unit is booted. It shows the current status of that device, ie navcore, bootloader, map, etc. There are rare occasions when the user, for whatever reason, doesn't want the .bif file to read the current status and creates a .bak file. When the device is rebooted, the .bif will be a copy of the .bak. At the same time, a .ori file is created, that shows the correct info. The .bif will not change, as long as the .bak is present. When the user no longer needs the .bak, it & the .ori files are deleted, the device is reboot & the .bif file once again shows the current status.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks for that. Yes I had upgraded to the 9.430 SE navcore , deleted the files you indicated and everything is working fine.
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 pm

peebee wrote:Thanks for that. Yes I had upgraded to the 9.430 SE navcore , deleted the files you indicated and everything is working fine.

Does your SE 9.430 have an Outsourced9430 folder and/or a switchfiles.zip in it?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Yes it has both folders.
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:54 pm

peebee wrote:Yes it has both folders.

They are for 32MB uints. You can remove both of them, if you wish. The SEs are defaulted to emulate a X40 unit. The attached model.txt file is set to emulate a X50. It goes in the root. I use it in my X20 with 9.430. If you like it better, great. If not, toss it out.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks Tendriver. I deleted the files without any problems and noted that the memory went from 22mb free to 12mb free. I am not bothered by that, just an observation.

I loaded the text file into the root and didnt see any changes after a reboot. I note that the 'setconfig.txt' is set to 'model x40' I assume I dont need to change that ?.
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 pm

peebee wrote:Thanks Tendriver.
1. I deleted the files without any problems and noted that the memory went from 22mb free to 12mb free. I am not bothered by that, just an observation.

2. I loaded the text file into the root and didnt see any changes after a reboot. I note that the 'setconfig.txt' is set to 'model x40' I assume I dont need to change that ?.

1. 11MB free RAM or more is more than enuf!!
2. With a setconfig.txt file, you don't need the model.txt file. Delete it & change the setconfig.txt to X50. Auto day/night does not function with X40, but does with X50. The auto change is based on time rather than the light sensor.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks Tendriver, your advice is much appreciated. I think the night display being actuated by time will be useful as opposed to the current auto setting.

And can I echo the sentiment of lots of other members who quite accurately describe this site as one of, if not the , best. This not for profit forum and the work that you and the other moderators carry out on our behalf is tremendous and much appreciated. http://www.navitotal.com/images/smiley/yahoo.gif
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:55 pm

peebee wrote:Thanks Tendriver, your advice is much appreciated. I think the night display being actuated by time will be useful as opposed to the current auto setting.

So there is no misunderstanding, for Auto day/night to function, you still have to check "Switch to night colors when dark" in Change preferences, Brightness preferences.

Thanx for the very kind compliment. It makes our efforts worth while. We are far from perfect, but we try to do our best.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:35 pm

OK, thanks.
peebee offline

Return to > Maps v8XX