TOMTOM One 3rd version update   

TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby navigatehome » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi, I'm really sorry if i'm posting this incorrectly but I haven't posted anything on a forum before. I've got an ancient tomtom one 3rd edition with UK and europe maps but it really needs updating. I've managed to get this information and would like the latest UK and Europe or at least UK maps I can get and how to instructions if possible please.

DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
DeviceSerialNumber=XXXXXXXXXXXX
DeviceUniqueID=XXXXX XXXXX
RamDiskVersion=20080529
BootLoaderVersion=55001
LinuxVersion=190943
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=Y26377A00899
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=0
CurrentVoiceInfo=Jane
CurrentMap=Western_Europe_1GB
CurrentMapVersion=710.1561
navigatehome offline

Re: TOMTOM One 3rd version update

Postby fredderf » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:01 pm

You can download Europe_1GB_West_960_7075 from here
Also download FastActivate and the latest SpeedCam files

Backup your device first then move your old map to your desktop and then extract the new map to the root your device

Next, extract the relevant SpeedCam files into the new map folder on your device (use your old map's SpeedCams as a guide)

Extract FastActivate to the root of your device and run it selecting options 2 then 3, once completed disconnect and reboot it...job done
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby navigatehome » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:57 am

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I think I made a mistake because I tried to download just a UK map and followed the other steps but it said on the sat nav that the map could not be used. So i'm now downloading the UK and Europe maps which you stated. There's 5 parts to it as far as I can see so i'm assuming that I just unzip these and put them on one by one onto my sat nav?

Thanks
navigatehome offline

Postby fredderf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:49 pm

navigatehome wrote:Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I think I made a mistake because I tried to download just a UK map and followed the other steps but it said on the sat nav that the map could not be used. So i'm now downloading the UK and Europe maps which you stated. There's 5 parts to it as far as I can see so i'm assuming that I just unzip these and put them on one by one onto my sat nav?

Thanks

Before you download any map, you should check that it is compatible with the navcore currently installed on your device by consulting the compatibility chart at the top of this page. Secondly a map must have a meta code released to make it usable. I suspect your mistake on the UK map lay in one of those points.

If you now want a UK & ROI map, you should download 960.7075 as it's compatible with your navcore and also has meta available.

The 5 parts of Europe_1GB_West_960_7075 that you refer to are constituent parts of the same archive. Download them all to the same location and extract, they will all unpack to give you a complete map folder...then continue with my instructions in post #2
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby navigatehome » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Fredderf, you my friend, are a legend. All updated and seems to be working fine so thank you!
navigatehome offline

Postby fredderf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:13 pm

navigatehome wrote:Fredderf, you my friend, are a legend. All updated and seems to be working fine so thank you!

You're welcome, glad it all went well
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to > Maps v7XX