TomTom 750 GO Live doesn't recognize downloaded maps   

TomTom 750 GO Live doesn't recognize downloaded maps

Postby mastasidaz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi all,

I hope I posted this in the right category, if not feel free to move it.

I have maps that I want to install on my Tomtom, what I first did after I downloaded the maps was installing Argentina, I placed the Argentina folder into the root of my Tomtom device and everything seemed fine. After I used the crack fastactivate.exe I clicked the update meta information and after disconnecting the TomTom it said both the Argentina map and the default map Europe 2GB could not be used with this device.

As you can imagine I was quite freaking out at this point :P

After I deleted the Argentina map I loaded fastactivate.exe again and clicked Patch TTN/System (hope I spelled correctly) After this the Europe card worked fine again.

Yesterday I went to the store to buy an MicroSD card because the whole map package is about 7 - 8 gig, I moved all maps to the SD card and rebooted the tomtom for the ttgo.bif. After this I tried fastactivate.exe again in the root and on the SD card and clicked everything except patch TomTom home. For some reason this doesn't works, the TomTom acts like there are no cards on the SD card :S :S :S

After searching the forum I also tried AutoActivate but this didn't work as well.

Can you guys please help me out?? I would be thankful forever :D

I also ran the TTCurrentConfig.rar, this is what it says:

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom GO LIVE
DeviceVersionHW=GO 750 LIVE
BootLoaderVersion=55277
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9061
ApplicationVersion=576030.1
CurrentMap=Europe_2GB
CurrentMapVersion=835.2448
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...
mastasidaz offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:50 pm

If the Navcore and the maps are on the SD card all you need to do is to patch the Navcore and activate the maps.
Klick the update button in FastActivate first.
If you only have the maps on the SD and the Navcore is on the internal memory you will need a copy of your ttgo.bif on the SD to make it work.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby mastasidaz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:47 am

Thanks for the fast response!

The maps are on the SD card and the navcore is on the device itself, I moved the ttgo.bif from the root of the device to the sd card.
Then I ran autoactivate, both in root and on sd card, still I dont get the new countries to pop up beside the ones that are already there.

Do you need to do something special to make use of maps which are on the sd when navigating?

In included a screencapture from autoactivate maybe you can see what is wrong.

mastasidaz offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:02 am

mastasidaz wrote:Thanks for the fast response!

The maps are on the SD card and the navcore is on the device itself, I moved the ttgo.bif from the root of the device to the sd card.
Then I ran autoactivate, both in root and on sd card, still I dont get the new countries to pop up beside the ones that are already there.

Do you need to do something special to make use of maps which are on the sd when navigating?

In included a screencapture from autoactivate maybe you can see what is wrong.

AutoActivate won't do what you need to do. Use FastActivate Premium in the root of the device. Click the ttsystem/PNDNavigator button to patch the navcore. Now put FastActivate & the ttgo.bif file on the card. Click the maps button to patch the maps. Disconnect from you computer & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby mastasidaz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:58 am

Still no result unfortunantly, I first downloaded the latest Fastactivate premium here from 24.11.11. After that I unzipped it into the root of the device memory and clicked ttsystem/PNDNavigator, then it says its already patched. Then I moved the ttgo.bif from root device to the sd card together with fastactivate and clicked on the maps/speed/voices. It seems to do the job fine but still I cant see the maps which are on the sd card in my TomTom 750 Go Live:scratch_one-s_head_
mastasidaz offline

Postby biggerdave » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 am

"still can't find maps"?
Have you got a meta.dct file in each of your new map folders?
Are you going through Change preferences/Switch maps and that's where you can't find them listed?
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:14 pm

mastasidaz wrote:but still I cant see the maps which are on the sd card in my TomTom 750 Go Live

Try these pre-patched files.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If no help, move one of the new maps from the card to the unit & see if your unit finds it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Maps v7XX