myguide 3218 with tomtommaps   

myguide 3218 with tomtommaps

Postby wahee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 pm

hi I have a myguide 3218 and the turbodog software is not working with republic of ireland. So I have installed the tomtom 7.9 software, directly to the device. I can get this running without maps & in french but I have a few problems

Basically there is no option to change to english. I have tried taping the screen etc. I just get a explorer error,maybe this is just because it is trying to download maps.

I have version 8 maps for UK & ireland but cannot get V7 maps. Will v8 work ok?

Is the map folder just called 'map'?

I think I have created the dct file ok

Any help would be appreciated as I have been going around in circles
wahee offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:51 pm

You cannot change the language until you have properly installed and activated the maps, (page six of the settings, icon with three flags)

For UK and ROI maps use V890.4234

The map folder can be called anything.

If there is no valid map then Tomtom navigator will let you download one free city map, this will open internet explorer on your device, which isn't there so you get an iexplore error.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wahee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

hi thanks for the reply.

That explains the language issue
I will try and get the exact map file you specified. HAving a bit of trouble finding it though. I used the fast activate program on the map pack I have (860 3101) and it seems to finish ok, but the device just won't access the maps when reset & powered up again. I have the maps on the device itself rather than a SD card.

I was thinking I may have missed a config file or something?

The version of the windows CE I think has explorer as EXPLORER.EXE. I tried renaming this file to see if the error message would go away but it didn't seem to make any difference. I just don't have any knowledge about WIN CE.
Perhaps I can install a newer version of explorer on the Myguide

thanks again

Al
wahee offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm

I don't know the device you have, but it is not possible to use fast activate to patch maps over an activesync/wmdc connection, Put the map folder and the TTNavigator.bif file on a SD card or USB memory key, run fast activate premium, then copy it to the device.

There will be a ***.meta.dct file in the map directory if the map is patched, If not then something's gone wrong, Make sure you are using the latest version of fastactivate available here and the map folder is in the root of the drive.

Tomtom tries to open iexplore.exe, this is pocket internet explorer and 99.9% of the time it's not installed on GPS devices.

If you have a map that's not compatible with Tomtom Navigator, it won't see it, The version i suggested above works 100% and is available here.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wahee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:00 am

hi there

Thanks again for the info. I still seem to be having problems with tomtom. But I managed to get IGO 8.3 on the device and maps. Seems to work well one the correct port/baud numbers were setup. It all just about fits ont the interal flash. There maybe some stuff I can delete, so will do some research.

Having an issue getting the myguide to read the SD card though,as I would like to rey again with tomtom on the sd card.
cheers

Al
wahee offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 am

Just copy the navigator folder to the sd card and run it from there
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby wahee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:22 pm

hi

tried to get it to work from the main menu of the device. I have setup an icon etc for it but the path is incorrect. It seems that the device is not seeing the SD card. I could also have the wrong name for the SD card. There seems to be variants. Storage Card, SDMMC etc

This may be the name of the SD card, so I have made sure the name matches the one used in the path

There maybe something wrong with the win CE install as I cannot see the external SD card from there either

The card is formatted for FAT so it's a bit of a strange one

here's the command line:

tomtom = "icons/navi2.bmp", "\\SDMMC\\TomTom Navigator.exe"

(navi2 was created by me)
wahee offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Is it SDHC card (larger than 2GB)?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to > Maps v7XX